Quantcast
the joys of clubing; in calgary - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the joys of clubing; in calgary

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Nope. You're wrong on both counts. Vickers does NOT own Mynt, it's not part of the Penny Lane entertainment just because it's on the same block as ceili's and cowboys, and YES the majority owner of Mynt IS Lebanese. Trust me, I know the industry.
    Wasn't he formerly of the Palace?

I remember way back at Coconut Joes one time, there was a huge group of Asians, probably 20+. I remember thinking, hmmm, these guys look badass. Sure enough, huge fight breaks out and all of the sudden it's 20 on 1 against the bouncers. I wonder what the stats are, but it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of stabbings and brawls involve a person of non-white ethnicity even though most bar patrons are white. We gotta stop re-inforcing the stereotype out there people!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Originally posted by crx62
    yo if i wanted to i could have stabbed that bitch ass white boy right then and there, and as for being stabbed myself i dont give a fuck, i have been stabbed twice and i am still standing.

Wow, another reason that some people get bad reps in clubs.

I personally dont really visit many clubs, The ones I have been to have always screwed over some of my friends that look a little scuffy or dont have "the right shoes".

In the end it's there club and they can let whoever they want in. Whether thats leads to their downfall is up to them.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by awd
    I think it is a case of reverse racism from a dude that didn't get the job and is now pulling the race card.
    That's hardly the case. It's obvious you haven't gone to a bar with a group of ethnic friends. Some of them will get in, and they will make it very hard for the other half to get in (ie give me 4 pieces of ID). It happens all the time, especially in Cowboys.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    99 Lexus GS400

if he gets 20 he gets 20, but if u ever get a doormen tryin to grease u for money its against club rules for him to do that so tell them that and might be illigeal let me check on that

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Sonic_A4
    if he gets 20 he gets 20, but if u ever get a doormen tryin to grease u for money its against club rules for him to do that so tell them that and might be illigeal let me check on that
    Haha, often the managers are the ones who put the doormen up to it. At bacardigras at Cowboys a couple years back they had 2 doormen assigned to working the lineup. These guys basically offered anyone entry through the back for $50 since the line was a couple hours long. It's not like these 2 bouncers pocket this cash, it goes into the pot!

My Ride
    03 Mustang

Originally posted by crx62
    yo if i wanted to i could have stabbed that bitch ass white boy right then and there, and as for being stabbed myself i dont give a fuck, i have been stabbed twice and i am still standing.
    ok....yes you could have stabbed "the bitch ass white boy"...and then be escourted to jail for assualt with a weapon. Fortunatly your a smart guy and walked away. My question is why even bring this up?
    Wether its legal or not, they are gonna do it. I used to work at Tantra and the doormen were going home with $500-$600 a night(a head, not too shabby). The managers were perfectly cool, and knew all about it.
    Last edited by Davide; 08-16-2004 at 01:46 PM.

Originally posted by B17a

Wasn't he formerly of the Palace?

Yep, the first majority owner of the Palace now owns Mynt and Lucky.

Likwid_Fire Guest

Originally posted by davidI

It's all about your demeanor. Like I said, it's pretty easy to tell the guys who will probably start shit vs. the ones who probably won't. You obviously have the gentle nice guy look about you
    gentle nice guy look?

yeah... thats the ticket

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Seems like alot of, "Well, that's just the way things are" kind of mentality going on. Straight up discrimination. Airports probably shouldn't let ANY Middle-Eastern guys with a "gangster demeanor" onto planes in case shit happens.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Originally posted by davidI

It's all about your demeanor. Like I said, it's pretty easy to tell the guys who will probably start shit vs. the ones who probably won't. You obviously have the gentle nice guy look about you
    Yeah. . like I said .. he looks white

My Ride
    Village Bike

The only place I ever remember having a problem was when the Palace was still around. They wanted me to present 4 or 5 pieces of ID. I asked them to name me 5 and they couldn't besides DL and passport.

Why the hell would a Canadian citizen living in his home city carry his passport around?

theres nothing wrong with asking for grease money, if people dont want to wait in line they make a lil deposit and there in, its not like this is an illegal practice or anything

and for every (ethnic) person who is having trouble getting into bars, i suggest going with a couple of your white friends, wear a sweater vest and some kahkis, part your hair to the side and your in!

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

^^

I live in edmonon and I'm brown, I dont think this type of profilling is as bad as it was a few years back, ever since they started scanning ID at the door.

There's only one club here that's pretty hard to get into, that being the standard (girls are insane there). Never had a problem myself, I think the only time the bouncers will not let you into a club, is if you roll up with 8-15 guys your same race.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Likwid_Fire

seriously tho... chinese... haven't had a single incident regarding my race when it comes to bars/pubs/etc and i've never needed to slick the bouncers

then again, i never need to start shit or act like a retard when i'm drunk... i'm just there for a good time
    yeah, I guess I can't really rant about shit either as I've never ever been subjected to this kind of policy. as far as I'm personally concerned, there is nothing wrong.
    but on a more grand point of view, I guess I'm the one that's wrong?

My Ride
    '15 GTI

they wouldnt let me into cowboys cus of my "eyebrow piercing" i had at the time, but other than that no problems getting in to clubs, havent tried lately though...btw im chinese, but my friends are all white

My Ride
    Is orange - and going to rack up my demerits

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Personally I think we should adopt the european/middleeastern bar policies: Keep the women to men ratio to 2/1. You show up with two buddies, you better have 4 women, or you AIN'T getting in....keeps the testosterone levels down...

WTF are you people going to the bars with all guys anyway?? :
    I'm all over that
    Originally posted by mugensix
    im @ pizza hut here in medicine hat gettin some munchies, and i accidentally take some dudes food.. anyways i get called(did pickup so wen i foned in they musta had the #) and i had to fuckin return it, what a fuckin embarrassment lol, a buncha hotties wrkin 2.
    Originally posted by swak

Your post is a bigger embarrassment than that bro.
    Originally posted by mugensix
    Im sorry, because you must be a fucking immature moron with time to kill hey? go fucking die in a corner. Typical uneducated retard...

My Ride
    MDX

This is why I'm a pub guy. Lots of good beer, good food, no drama, and drunk college/university chicks!!! lol

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

I like pubs too, just cauz i refuse to bow down to some idiot bouncer who thinks he's king shit.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    This is why I'm a pub guy. Lots of good beer, good food, no drama, and drunk college/university chicks!!! lol
    Clubs are fucking gay. I outgrew them even before I turned 18.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast