Quantcast
Fuck Mr Lube - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Mr Lube

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Angry Fuck Mr Lube

fuck... need to rant...
    on wednesday I went to mr lube to get my radiator system flushed before I went out of town camping, b/c calgary honda was busy and I needed to get it done right away. So after I get it done, they said I was good to go, so i go home and a few hours later i see coolant on my driveway so I go back the next day on thursday and tell them that I have coolant leaking and they said it was the extra coolant that they spilled on my engine that dripped on the ground so they said there was nothing wrong with my car.

I leave to go camping out of town the next day and the trip was alright but on saturday when i started my car, one of my buddies saw coolant shoot out of the front of my car so i shut it off and popped the hood, and i see coolant comming out of a hairline crack from the top of my radiator by the rad cap (it looked like they tightened the cap too tight and crack my radiator) and mr lube was the last people that touched my car before i left out of town. So i had to temporarly duct tape the top of my rad where the crack and fill my rad every 50 km to get back to calgary today. Tomorrow i'll be going back to mr lube to tell them to fix my car. Is there anything i can do if they refuse to fix my car?? is there any legal advice i need to get things straightened out if they refuse to fix my car???

what are my options??

sorry bout the grammer.. im just pissed off

My Ride
    2004 Mitusbishi Lancer Ralliart

Holy shit! I'm sure there is something you can do, be prepared though dude cause they are going to say it's not their fault. By the way which mister lube is this? (I'll keep a mental note to never go there).
    --
    Nick

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

the mr lube in mckenzie on 130th ave

I wonder how they're gonna say its not their fault since they did all the radiator work and installed a new rad cap that they recommended me to get??

fuck thats my last time goin to any of those lube places...

umm what year's your car? how many kms? you do know stuff like this happens to cars that get old? be prepared if they happen to refuse to fix it casue it pretty much means you need a new rad.
    Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

We assumed you were gay as soon as you admitted to driving a honda.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

it's a 94 but i just got my car certified from calgary honda not too long ago and they said it was running at 100%

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

When you first get in the shop. be calm and nice, then if that don't work, SNAP!!!! knock shit over, make a scene in front of other customer's... "sorry sir, we can't do anything about it"
    you- "Sorry, my ass, fuck you side job, where's your boss!?" that kind of snap... you'll be black flagged from all of the lube racks.. But who cares, you learned your lesson.. Also, if they DO fix it, it's prolly just be like a weld bead over the crack, not a new rad.. giv'er

^ haha yeah that wouldn't work, they'll just call the cops on you, you get hauled away and STILL have a leaky rad.

Makign a sence always works, and if it doesnt, go home and call the head mr lube office and do the same thing

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by TegLover
    ^ haha yeah that wouldn't work, they'll just call the cops on you, you get hauled away and STILL have a leaky rad.
    So they fuck up his rad, won't fix it and now throw him in jail for trying to get his car fixed?

Originally posted by fcuk_it
    it's a 94 but i just got my car certified from calgary honda not too long ago and they said it was running at 100%
    Thats a 10 year old car. Probably around 200-250k on it?

"Certified" often has very little to do with the drivetrain. Your rad was probably on its last legs and the chemicals used during the coolant flush pushed it over the edge.

Would have happened had you gotten the coolant system flush done anywhere else.

My Ride
    335i

I'm not sure what you drive, but my car (most hondas) have a plastic radiator that is prone to leaking after 150-200k km's. I do not know the events of your coolant flush, but if you feel that they were negligent, seek a replacement.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    jeep-O

Originally posted by sputnik

"Certified" often has very little to do with the drivetrain. Your rad was probably on its last legs and the chemicals used during the coolant flush pushed it over the edge.

lmao, it probly cracked cause he didn't use premium in his car right?b

i've heard that mr lube uses a certain chemical when they flush it out that eats away at the insides of the rad if not completely flushed out...could just be one big line of bullshit, but thats what i heard
    so your rad was probably ok...not great but okay, and with the chemicals going in there it found a weak spot and ate it outta there ...
    i dont know, i could be completely wrong...just my input

^^^ probably works at mr lube so he doesnt want em to get a bad rep lol
    j/k

My Ride
    1ST GEN

"I don't like you, probably never will. Your a smug, unhappy little man and you treat people as if they were idiots."

Mr. Lube is fucking gay. My buddy got his 95 talon oil changed there one week after getting the car. Then that same day, he drove to Trail, BC. In Cranbrook, the oil filter backed off and all the oil leaked out, and the motor and turbo siezed.
    It was obvious that they were the last ones to ever touch the car and even with all this evidence it took 5 months to get them to agree to fix it. I think they posponed just so he would fix it himself and then they wouldn't have to. They probably will fix your rad, but not right away. Good Luck. I hate lube shops. I had a little leak one time so I was under my car checking it out and I touched my oil pan drain plug and it fell right off. That was a different lube shop that didn't tighten it enough. I will only ever from then on, change my own oil.

^^ when it comes to easy stuff like oil change, rad flush, that kinda stuff, i find it better to do it yourself...
    a) personal experience gained, for future reference (i can probably change an alternator with my eyes closed ive done so many)
    b) CHEAPER
    c) nobody to fight with if something goes wrong...(on my 73 dodge i would beat the shit outta the doors and fenders when something pissed me off)
    d) you KNOW it's done RIGHT
    e) if something else is wrong, you don't get sucked into paying more to get that fixed too, you can set it off for a while...

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Have the number for Mr Lube head office on hand when you go in. Also arm your self with a quote from a few rad shops in town to see how much the repair will cost. Be fair. Get full replacement costs, as well as repair of the damage costs.

Go in and explain your story calmly. If there is attitude or denial, stand up for yourself politely. If they still disagree. Ask if you can use their phone. Dont tell them who you are calling. Go on and call Head office and explain your story. Beter yet call Head office before you go in and have knowledge behind you.

"Snapping" can only go so far, and MOST of the time not far at all. If you are visibly upset but easy to deal with, things go your way easier. (without the police slapping your hands)

Basically if you go in there with your homework done, and somewhat educated, it will look like the problem is serious enough for you to want fixed by them. If you go in all pissy and saying that they fcuk't up your car then they will back themselves with planned excuses as to how they dont need to help you.
    My 2 cents
    Good Luck
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    NC1

I've never had a problem with Mr.Lube and I always go there for convenience, efficient service and short wait times.
    Sorry to hear man!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by 2.0turbo

"I don't like you, probably never will. Your a smug, unhappy little man and you treat people as if they were idiots."
    HA HA HA HA HA HA

You shouldn't mind him.
    He has self esteem issues and believes that by attempting to demonstrate his 'superior' knowledge on many issues (to which he really has no clue) that it will help boost his confidence level.

Back to the issue at hand, I've seen close cases to this the people that I knew who had their cars screwed up in a similar fashion had to fork out their own money to repair what had been damaged. Good luck.
    And what Kona said was right, there's no point in making a scene because most likely the people you are yelling at (like the employees) have no authorization to pay for the repairs anyways.
    Last edited by BebeAphrodite; 08-16-2004 at 08:05 PM.

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

my sister cries, it usually works but i dont know about this case. its worth a shot

howabout snapping, and then crying, then being calm and snapping again, they will think your some crazy mofo with c4 in your back pocket just waiting to bomb their shop, then theyll give in, smooth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast