Quantcast
Fuck Mr Lube - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Mr Lube

(thread hijack)

Nice... i like how people see me as unhappy and angry... thats funny.

A guy comes in here and blames Mr. Lube for his cracked radiator after getting it flushed. I happen to say that there is a good chance that it might be that his radiator that was on its last legs. Then everyone gets all over me? You guys sure think everyone is out to get you huh?

"I was going 190 in a playground zone, how do I get out of the ticket"

"I got in an accident with my moms car, how do i fix it before she finds out"

"My boss is racist because he eats white chocolate around me"

"My girlfriend got pregnant even though I was using the pull-out method... WTF?"

"I work for Telus... CDMA is the best cellular protocol in the world because my sales manager tells me to say that to the customers"

Like come on. You guys are setting yourself up to be criticized. So before you start with the personal attacks why not accept that there are TWO sides to every story. I just choose the side that doesnt immediately patronize the person posting.
    Last edited by sputnik; 08-17-2004 at 01:31 PM.

(back on topic)

If you really feel that it was Mr. Lube's fault why not going to a radiator garage like City-Wide and let them tell you what they think the problem was. Since you are going to have to get the rad rebuilt anyways. How many miles did you have on that rad anyways?

Be calm with Mr. Lube and dont go yelling at the oil jockeys that make $7/hr. Yelling and screaming will just put you in a cop car with a broken rad.

Personally I go to Mr. Lube since it is a quick any easy way to get an oil lube and filter. Without the hassle of having to dispose of the old oil properly and go get a lube job at some garage. They have never screwed me over because I only let them do what I know needed to be done.
    Last edited by sputnik; 08-17-2004 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

^^ way to repeat my post in less words!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

^^ sorry about that... consider it a

however asking a radiator expert might save him from having to go to Mr. Lube to fight his "case".

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

^^^^ wOrD ^^^^

WTF is the chemical Mr Lube uses during a flush anyways? Harsh chemicals for flushing should be the last resort when cleaning out the radiator, or so I've heard as they can eat away at the rad. First, flush water through the whole system a few times, If it does not run clean, take out the radiator and reverse flush. After that, treat with harsh chemicals or get a new rad.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

Muriatic acid is a common chemical used for cleaning heater cores and radiators. However I really wonder how they convinced him that he needed a complete rad flush.

Whether or not they used any chemicals is unknown, and if they didnt use any. How could they possibly do anything that would break the rad?

My Ride
    jeep-O

chemicals are not gona eat away at a rad

sputnik, you're so funny.

My Ride
    240sx, 300c, turbo TE72, FG1 Civic, Pilot

I've worked at Honda before, and you'd be surprised how many of those plastic radiators will get cracked by mechanics leaning over them.

ph: 403.248.1566
    email: [email protected]

Supertech, Link ECU, ViPec, Nistune, Competition Clutch, Nardi, Personal, Worksbell, Seibon, VIS, Shine Auto Project, Agency Power, Status, Full-Race, Stillen, Mazworx,
    Megan Racing, Zedd Performance, Varrstoen

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I did talk to a radiator expert and they said the last person that worked on my rad turned the radcap too hard and it cracked the top of my rad... theres a 4 inch crack on the top of my rad where it connects to the rad cap.

they said i needed to flush my radiator fluid b/c they said the fluid was too acidic???

but anyways... yesterday i went and talked to them while i was being calm then the jerkass manager came down and was being really rude and cocky to me and my dad so i got into a big argument w/ him. when i got home i emailed the head office and told them i was dissapointed and how im never gonna go to another mr lube again and i dont like the service and today i got an email back from the head office

Dear Mr Nguyen:

Thank you for your e-mail indicating your displeasure with the service you received.

I would like to look into this matter immediately. In order to proceed, I would like to request that you give me the

license plate number of your vehicle. If this is not readily available, the location of the Mr. Lube you visited and the date

will also suffice.

I assure you I will look into this and try to come to a resolve for you.

Yours truly

Jim Guenter
    Last edited by fcuk_it; 08-18-2004 at 03:34 AM.

My Ride
    CBR

don't let this krap go
    these lube places are usually staffed by younger inexperienced "technicians" so this situation is bound to happen
    regardless mr bube shoud be held responsible for any damage

My Ride
    1976 ford e-150 custom

Hi there just a few things to note one with your car you can not over tighten the cap it is a 2 stage cap 2ed thing is that the chem used for the flush is made buy Klen flow and does not flush out some of the fluid is left in the coolent system as a water pump lub and protectent also if the crack is right but the rad chanses are not a mr.lube problem although if the crack is at the uper rad hose fitting then you have a good chance although they will probly change the rad just to keep you as a happy returning custmer

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

fcuk it, are you hieu by any chance?
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

Honda rads are known to crack. I bought my car after an inspection from honda, and had the rad crack after 10 000 km. The inspection doesn't say that nothing is going to go wrong down the road, just that nothing is wrong at that point.

I think you will have a hard time convincing mr lube that they caused the damage, as the plastic tanks on honda rads are a known weak point anyway.

I should mention that I had my rad flushed there as well, but my problem didn't show up until a few weeks later. (Luckily my friend works there, so I didn't have to pay for any of the servivce).

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

Originally posted by sputnik
    (thread hijack)

Nice... i like how people see me as unhappy and angry... thats funny.

A guy comes in here and blames Mr. Lube for his cracked radiator after getting it flushed. I happen to say that there is a good chance that it might be that his radiator that was on its last legs. Then everyone gets all over me? You guys sure think everyone is out to get you huh?

"I was going 190 in a playground zone, how do I get out of the ticket"

"I got in an accident with my moms car, how do i fix it before she finds out"

"My boss is racist because he eats white chocolate around me"

"My girlfriend got pregnant even though I was using the pull-out method... WTF?"

"I work for Telus... CDMA is the best cellular protocol in the world because my sales manager tells me to say that to the customers"

Like come on. You guys are setting yourself up to be criticized. So before you start with the personal attacks why not accept that there are TWO sides to every story. I just choose the side that doesnt immediately patronize the person posting.
    Im with him ^
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:
    Originally posted by Danger_Mouse
    There is a replacement for displacement. It's called technology.

what kills me is how this car left the shop without the owner being notified.

A 4 inch crack on top of the rad and they didnt even notice? I wouldn't go back based strictly on that. Even if it wasn't their fault and the rad was cracked previously, the proper thing to do is to note the damage and pass that info along to the customer.

but that's why they're 'lube technicians'
    Last edited by method; 11-26-2004 at 08:44 PM.

ok .... in no way am i trying to defend mr.lube ,but being in the trade for over 15 yrs. now ,i've seen this quite aa few times .for instance ,a shop does a coolant flush and a few days later leaks show up ,this happens ,you get rid of all the old shitty fluid,flush in nice new stuff with good qualites (you'd be suprised at the additives in coolant) ,the flush drags the crap out making the "potential" leak a little more vulnerable and it starts to leak.it happens ,and to someone that doesn't understand that or that won't accept that ... it just turns into a case of "ever since ya" so the shop gets blamed.i've done brake jobs ,did a test drive ,and parked it ,and when the customer got in to drive away the car wouldn't start ,ign.module popped ,it happens .it's a hard thing to see through but it does happen.a suggestion maybe ... if they give you grief and are not taking responsibilty ,ask them to provide you with a rad and you'll take it somewhere to pay for install instead of them (if you truly beleive they screwed your car you don't want them touching it again,right ?) so suggest they provide the part ,not labour....
    just an opinion of someone that's in the other shoes .......

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

^ ... but ! - as previously mentioned and added by myself, if they noticed a crack in the rad they should have passed it on, saying "it might not be a big deal but look at it for a bit to make sure.."

As well as saying "due to the face your radiator appears to be old, you may notice some coolant leaks due to the fact that new coolant is thinner then the old so it may get out of finer cracks.. if you're really worried - bring it back and we'll take another look - no problems. It's normal to leak sometimes.."

Etc.

Should be a normal thing to tell someone if they don't know. Just tell them when you hand over the keys - takes 30 seconds...

Bah I probably don't know what I'm talking about anyways so..
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Kona9
    Have the number for Mr Lube head office on hand when you go in. Also arm your self with a quote from a few rad shops in town to see how much the repair will cost. Be fair. Get full replacement costs, as well as repair of the damage costs.

Go in and explain your story calmly. If there is attitude or denial, stand up for yourself politely. If they still disagree. Ask if you can use their phone. Dont tell them who you are calling. Go on and call Head office and explain your story. Beter yet call Head office before you go in and have knowledge behind you.

"Snapping" can only go so far, and MOST of the time not far at all. If you are visibly upset but easy to deal with, things go your way easier. (without the police slapping your hands)

Basically if you go in there with your homework done, and somewhat educated, it will look like the problem is serious enough for you to want fixed by them. If you go in all pissy and saying that they fcuk't up your car then they will back themselves with planned excuses as to how they dont need to help you.
    My 2 cents
    Good Luck
    This is good advice to deal with any sort of situation.

your absolutely right ex ,if they did notice they should have said something right away ,and i always warn my customers leaks mat show up after a rad flush ,because i've seen at too many times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast