Quantcast
Calgary Night Club Policies...believe it!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary Night Club Policies...believe it!!!

My Ride
    project empty wallet... Kouki Monster

Default Calgary Night Club Policies...believe it!!!

Subject: Calgary Night Club Policies...believe it!!!

Read the whole thing if you do any clubbing in this
    city....written by a black man that went in to an interview to be a
    bouncer...

Before Stampede started, a few friends and I wanted to get jobs at the MYNT night club for the ten days as doorstaff. Ironically, I work in Administration for an oil company but I didn't think being hired as the "token" blackguy was that big a deal, until the MANAGER/OWNER of the club sat me down and asked if I would have a problem with their policies.

After you read them maybe all of you young urban
    professionals can see why maybe I figured I didn't need the money that bad.

"We don't want Black, Asain, East Indian men in the club. You can say it's a private party, you can say 25 yrs and up only, depending on what they look like. If they want to pay an extra $20 per guy make a judgment call because we don't want to many ethnics with too much money drawing girls away from our white male patrons basically. I know you've seen how some Asians tie up the bar buying like 80 shots at a time. Maybe 10 or 15 max every hour but no more. You have to stick with
    that ok?"

"Okay", I said.

"Try and pick out the Lebs too if you can"(Lebanese for those of you without the "kkk" handbook) "You don't have a problem with that?"

"No problem", I said.

"Great! Now with girls, do your best to not let in too many Black and East Indian girls. I mean, you can't turn them all away, but our ratio we would like to keep is 2/3 out of every 10 max. It may get testy at the line with chicks. Don't get me wrong, if they're really hot, let them in man! But let's try and make sure in a group that the majority are White and Asian woman. ( Remember, its a "known" fact that White men like White and
    Asian girls the best, took me a bit to figure this out! Black men like White and Asian girls more so than Black girls so limit the
    Black men cause we don't want the Black men to draw the White and Asian girlsaway from the other guys). If it's 5/6 girls and they don't have at least 3 or 4 white girls with them, stall them at the line and say the wait will be 30 min. Most girls will go somewhere else."

"Okay. Will I be at the front the whole time?", I said.

"No, you don't really have enough experience. But at certain times we'll definitely bring you up. We can get slammed pretty
    quick" (Again, as I come to understand, when the line fills up with to many people of COLOR, the "token" bouncer of whatever race will be seen. Great way to take the edge off any possible race argument right?).

"Cool. When can I start?", I said.

"Just call me after the weekend and I should have a tentative schedule for you and we'll take it from there"

There you have it. That's the conversation that took place at my
    interview. But before you guys all burn MYNT at the stake, realize
    this is a common practice at 90% of the nightspots we all frequent. Cowboys, Tantra, Coyotes, Whiskey, Tequila is really bad for it too. You see, it happens to people once in a while and its like a layer of skin that develops from when we were 18 as just something that just IS.

I find it funny that the clubs adopt these policies, aren't always owned by white people. Whiskey isn't. An Asian man owns it. They limit Blacks and Asians there too.

Tequila is owned by some Greek guys and a former White Hip Hop DJ who has numerous Black and Asian friends. But if your group shows up there and is a little too dark, or your eyes slant a little too much, you know what happens now right. Funny huh? Not really!

Penny Lane Entertainment? Look at the bars names before you get in line folks. Cowboy's? Coyotes? Lets be serious.

Find other spots in town my friends. Find other stuff to go do. The reason this bugs us now is because now as adults, we
    know right from wrong, and we know respect is something we have all earned. I just think that rather than let this salt you to having fun in this town, you take these people for what they are, two-faced and racist.

And if someone can find a club where I, as a Black man
    with an Asian wife, an East Indian best friend who likes Lebanese food can go hang? Let Calgary know.

***sorry if its hard to read i got it in a email***

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name