Quantcast
2k dodge stratus sudden multiple errors - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2k dodge stratus sudden multiple errors

Default 2k dodge stratus sudden multiple errors

I am obviously very new to the forums, and requesting help with my stratus. I ran over something earlier today and the car seemed ok. Then on the freeway the spedometer first went out, then the check engine light came on. Before long the low gas light came on, then the oil light. Then the car would not shift higher than 2nd or 3rd gear (automatic- and this happned once I had already exited the freeway and subsequently the car downshifted) I pulled into a gas station, put gas in and checked trans. and oil fluid levels. They were ok. I drove slowly home and the car shut off on the way, but immediately turned back on and did make it home.

Could this be caused by the computer? I know woefully little about cars, but this seems far too many errors at once. I will be taking it to the mechanic tomorrow, but I wanted some idea of what to expect. Is there anything I can do on my end?

I appreciate any advice or guesses as to what this could be.

Note -the spedometer stopped, then started again and now is not working -all in the span of 20 minutes if that helps at all.

What did you run over?

A cement block that is usually in front of a parking space. Yeah, I know, real stupid. I went over slow, but not enough to stop before the tire went over. Reversed back just fine and the car didn't seem to have any problems. I drove another five miles (everything was good) then parked it for awhile. I didn't notice any fluids on the ground after parked for about an hour, but that doesn't mean there weren't any (checking now.) The car drove fine for another 12 miles then started exhibiting the symptoms described above.

Do you have any ideas as to what it could be?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by chitchat
    Do you have any ideas as to what it could be?
    haha that guy never does. he just posts for the sake of whoring.

an easy way to check if its your computer is to try using someone elses ecu. if u know anyone else with a stratus, just swap ecus and see if that fixs things.

its possible that u messed up wiring somewhere too...thatd be a pita to figure out.

Hey GTS Jeff thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I had a friend look at it and at first they thought it was the vaccum hose? Well, those appear to be fine. The car looks fine underneath ...nothing disturbed there so hopefully something came loose.

I do appreciate your input -thanks so much

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by chitchat
    Hey GTS Jeff thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I had a friend look at it and at first they thought it was the vaccum hose? Well, those appear to be fine. The car looks fine underneath ...nothing disturbed there so hopefully something came loose.

I do appreciate your input -thanks so much
    yea a vacuum leak would usually mess up your idle and whatever gadget is dependant on that vacuum line...

maybe the plug into the ecu is loose? honestly i dont really know. im just rattling off stuff that id probably check in that scenario.