Quantcast
Coffee Everyday? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Everyday?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I will have at least ONE starbuck + Tim or Second cup .. or .. whatever ..

big expense ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

well i drink 2-3 cups per day but usualy during the school year! i think it helps the day go by faster and keeps me focused

but then again i can drink a cup of coffee just b4 hitting the sack and ill be out cold! my caffine tolerence is pretty good so its not like i need it to keep me WIDE AWAKE! but it does give me a boost!

Originally posted by C4S
    I will have at least ONE starbuck + Tim or Second cup .. or .. whatever ..

big expense ..
    Haha! Reminds me of this swf animation:

Clicky

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Haha! Reminds me of this swf animation:

Clicky

Foamy rocks, I always like the ones with that kid who's tripping out on way to much prescription medication.

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by Ben
    I think a lot has to do with your succeptability to Caffeine. I could drink 12 cokes and go straight to bed. Granted I'd likely have to get up a few hours later to take a leak, but caffeine does jack shit to make me stay awake.
    Same Here. Doesn't do a damn thing.

My Ride
    Protege 5 / 4WD Mallfinder / V10 pushrods

Originally posted by BigMass
    If i dont have coffee every day i will get a headache and feel like throwing up. Yeah im addicted but fuck it. Im not going to get home from work at 7pm, eat supper, shower then go to bed at 9pm just so i can wake up without being tired the next morning. I dont live life so all i do is work and sleep and nothing else. I would rather be dead. So i make sacrifices and am able to get by with doing my own thing with the goodness of caffeine
    ya your slower then a sh!t in the morning if you don't get your coffee and a Krispy kream.

Personally I started drinking coffee in University, now I love it some much some that I bought an espresso machine to supplement my addiction!
    KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

For me it's part of a routine. I get to work and get a coffee, Have done that for 2 years.

It's like smoking, albeit not as addictive but once you work it into your routine it's nearly impossible to work it out.

Ive tried switching to Tea and cutting that down to one cup a day but I dont know if that helps.

Nothing like the taste of a fresh double double though

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

sidenote: Tim Hortons tastes like a brown crayon dipped in hot water -- thats not what I call coffee.

Originally posted by awd
    sidenote: Tim Hortons tastes like a brown crayon dipped in hot water -- thats not what I call coffee.

Well then what do you call coffee?

Favorite store bought:

Favorite homemade:

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Originally posted by benyl
    I just read recently, that coffee makes your synapses misfire. So while you are more alert after drinking it, you a not a smart.
    I've actually heard the oposite of that. Caffeine can actually improve your performance in intellectual tasks and physical endurance tasks. There is an increase in lipolysis (fat burning) and an overall increase in resting metabolic rate.

There is always bad to go with the good though. Caffeine will blunt your absorption of calcium, which is needed for bone growth and maintenance. Caffeine is also not a replacement for real rest, so the tiredness will catch up with you.

I'll admit to enjoying a nice cup of coffee nearly every day. It's not just the taste that I like, but it motivates me to get stuff done. And, like others have mentioned it gets me away from my desk for a few minutes. Around the office people are more receptive of "going for a coffee" than "going to walk around".

Facts about Coffee

Each cup of coffee excretes 75mg of calcium out of your body. So for those of you drinking 2-3 cups per day you are losing 150-225mg of calcium per day.

Best thing to do is take a calcium supplement. I'd recommend a calcium citrate since it is better absorbed than the other types of calcium.

I actually take a new calcium citrate called Osteocit. I like it because it disperses easily in liquid, so I just drop a tablet in my protein shake. By the time I finish the shake the Osteocit has already dispersed into the liquid and don't even realize that I'm taking a tablet.

I stopped drinking coffee too, I used to have 2 cups/day+ when I worked at Canadian Tire, that plus the 60 hour work weeks was too much for me, I went home sick one day with the same symptoms, shaking, dizzy etc. I passed out on my bed and slept for like close to 16 hours. I still drank coffee after that though, but I just quit recently, I drink green tea every morning instead now. I may have a cup of cofee on the weekend cause I still like the taste, but one cup a week is much better than 14 cups a week.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Used to buy a French Vanilla when ever I could, or even a timmys umm Ice Cap.

Now I'm in the Uk I never drink any of it cause they don't have a coffe shop or something even 5 blocks. So I guess thats a good thing, I also don't drink tea (only in India cause its soooo good).

Originally posted by max_boost
    My Coffee drinks are one of those Cafe Mocha, French Vanilla, English Toffee, Caramel Macchiato (sp) or if it's a Hot Day, Timmy's Ice Cap or Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino will do the trick. I don't like traditional Coffee+Sugar+Cream
    I would be more concerned about the sugar, fat and calories you are consuming rather than the coffee.

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_info.asp

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

......um.......

......er........

GOOD GOD MAN! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH COFFEE!

....thank you....

For me coffee is a social thing. Every morning when I get to work some of us go and get a cup. It's part habit, part fun. Caffiene really doesn't do much for me but a warm drink in the morning especially on a winter day really does make you feel better.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

for me, coffe is part of life. being that i work at starbucks i understand a lot more about it then the average joe. ill have approximately 4 ounces of espresso a day mixed of course and it affects alot. enough to give me a pleasant buzz but not enough to send me into a shaking crack state like nismodrifter. i did that once though, it was my third shift there and i had 20 shots in 5 hours. i was shaking so badly they had to sit me down in the backroom, partly cause they couldnt stop laughing, partly cause i was scaring customers
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

I dont need coffe, but I like to get a dunkaciino (SP?) whenever I can because they taste so dman good!
    Occasionally Ill have regular coffe if Im REALLY tired and I have to be up anyway, but I think it only works because of the placebo(sp?) effect.

My Ride
    98 4-Runner SR5 LTD

Cool Healthy Coffee - Clinically Proven To Boost Immune System

Hello All!

I couldn't help but notice all the coffee lovers here and just had to jump in to inform you all that there is new trend in North America that is taking coffee lovers by storm!

I have found an incredibly great tasting gourmet 'healthy coffee' that is truly amazing. The best thing about this coffee is that it has less caffeine than decaf (8.4 mg where decaf has 10-20 mg/cup). It contains an ancient 2000 year old proven ingredient know as the 'King of Herbs' and is more powerful than Ginseng. It is called Red Reishi or Lingzhi in the Asian community. The scientific name is 'ganoderma' and if you go to www.pubmed.com or Google and type ganoderma in the search for ganoderma you will find hundreds (pubmed.com) and over 50,000 (Google) of 3rd party verification on its healing properties.

This stuff tastes GREAT!

It boosts your immune system and gives you more energy and stamina than your traditional caffeine SPIKE.

This coffee is truly amazing and did I mention it tastes GREAT!

If you want to try some free samples then fill out the form at http://www.javahealth.biz and one of my associates will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
    Brad Smith - CEO Java Health
    [email protected]
    http://www.javahealth.biz

I hate coffee, But I love coffee Breaks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast