Quantcast
Gauthier and Saprikyn traded for Daymond Langkow (Phx) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Gauthier and Saprikyn traded for Daymond Langkow (Phx)

My Ride
    IS250

Default Gauthier and Saprikyn traded for Daymond Langkow (Phx)

I knew Sutter was going to decieve us when he resigned Gauthier and stated that he fits into our plans for the future
    I'm gonna miss both Gauthier and Saprikyn but I guess Langkow isn't a bad replacement
    Does that mean he'll play centre between Iggy and Simon
    And then Reinprecht will be somewhere on the second line?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=96395

Phoenix seems to building a good team.

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

I think we won this trade. Gauthier is replaceable by Phaneuf so we pretty much traded saprikyn for langkow which isn't even comparable.

Hopefully there is a season next year

Noooo, those were my two favorite flames, I mean Lankow is good and all but did they have to trade gauthtier and saprikin? Damnit muther fuckin shit I'm pissed!!
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Originally posted by 91_Integz
    I think we won this trade. Gauthier is replaceable by Phaneuf so we pretty much traded saprikyn for langkow which isn't even comparable.

Hopefully there is a season next year
    I have been watching Phaneuf here in Red Deer the last couple years. He is going to be an incredible defenceman. If there is a season it will be interesting to see if they bring him up to fill that hole.

My Ride
    NC1

Very good trade indeed! We get a proven scorer to compliment Iggy on the #1 line! Woohoo! I'm sure he'll more than adequately fill Conroy's role

We still have a very solid Defence core with the loss of Gauthier. We did well without him in the playoffs so we won't miss him much.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

its alright i guess..... but sappy WILL be good one day.... but heh, we need to win now right?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Good trade for both teams I think. We get one of the most underated centres in the league and plus were really solid down the middle now. He is pretty young also. But what i find is quite funny is that we didnt sign Conroy for 250k more and we had to give up 2 players just to have someone fill Conroy's role. I guess it's the age difference. But PHX looks really dangerous for the future.... solid D and with the signing of Nedved they have some pretty good offense. They just need some goaltending but they will be a serious contender for a playoff spot now.
    Last edited by A2VR6; 08-26-2004 at 11:11 PM.

yeah i think it was a good trade because calgary has alot of depth on defense and they needed to replace conroy and langkow is a solid centre who can put up points hopefully he can do the same in calgary as he did in pheonix

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Hurts to see Sappy go. He was on the verge of becoming great... but people have been saying that for three years now, so time will tell.

Is Langkow projected to replace Conroy or is Sutter expecting Reinprecht to take over on the first line? Rhino did play first line for a while there didn't he? Either way, we got 2 good lines now.

well as he did during the playoffs, i think he'll just keep shuffling the lines around depending on who or which line we play against another team

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

It's a solid trade. Gauthier is nothing special, just a fan favorite. Saprikyn will be good IF he ever develops. Can't help but think this was the place he would have done it, get's alot of ice time that he most likely won't in phoenix. Langkow is a solid center and should fit into the team perfectly, he's always been consistent. Included his stats if you wanna take a look, http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_bio.a...51&hubName=CGY

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

3 years 20+ goals i guess its alright.

My Ride
    IS250

heres how i think the lines will be

simon-langkow-iggy
    gelinas-reinprecht-donavon
    nieminen-yelle-nilson
    wiemer-lombardi-kobasew

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Gautier hits good but that's about all he has. He has no point shot and at points he is very stupid defensively. It might have been a good thing he was injured in the first round or we might have seen Calgary not make it past the second round with him playing on our blue line. As for Saprykin its too bad he was traded, I would have liked to see him develop more on our team. He really played awesome in a few of the playoff games. Especially that game winning goal in game 5 against Tampa (I think....). Langkow will be a great addition though and is a very good trade. Now we have a bunch of good Centers. Let's hope they don't get all injured like they did last season.

My Ride
    EvoX, R6

Conroy was released because of the no-trade clause that Sutter didn't want to grant him, which is extremely understandable.
    The guy is past prime at 33, and a no-trade clause in his contract for 3-4 yrs wouldn't be a move that Sutter was going to make. Langkow is a very comparable player at a younger age. He should be an upgrade to Conroy if he develops Chemistry with Iginla. (They played on the same line in the '96 world cup where they won gold). We can expect to see both their point totals go up next season if there is one.
    And Gauthier was traded because he was expendable, his spot will be filled by montador or commodore most likely, and Phaneuf wont be ready this season.
    Hope this helps