Quantcast
CustomAuto Banner And Magazine Ad Contest!! Win $100 And See Your Ad In PAS Mag - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CustomAuto Banner And Magazine Ad Contest!! Win $100 And See Your Ad In PAS Mag

My Ride
    V167

Default CustomAuto Banner And Magazine Ad Contest!! Your Ad In PAS MAG+Win $100 Gift Cert.

CustomAuto needs a new advertisement to be featured in Performance Auto And Sound Magazine and they need YOUR HELP!!!

You have two tasks this month:

1) Create a half page magazine advertisement for CustomAuto.ca, the winner will be chosen by the staff at CustomAuto. If your entry is selected you will get more than just the pleasure of seeing your work featured in Performance Auto and Sound Magazine. You will ALSO get a $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE for anything on the Customauto.ca website*. It can't get any better than this......

2) Create a new ad banner for CustomAuto.ca to be used on beyond.ca, your banner must use the same color scheme/theme as your magazine advertisement entry

YOU MUST create both a banner and magazine ad for submission...you can't choose one or the other..

*Your entry MUST be submitted by Friday September 10th at 12:00pm (noon) mountain standard time*
    *=excluding motors

Here's the info you need:
    Contest requirements:
    Make a half page magazine AD for Performance Auto And Sound. Specifications are: 7"(width)x 4.875"(height)

Must include: our website address (make it stand out), our shop address, phone number and fax.

Must have the following slogans:
    "Free shipping for online orders"
    "Specialization in wholesale and distribution"
    "Talk to one our JDM motor swap experts for all your needs"
    "Canadian Distributor for Megan Racing"

It would be nice if it lists some of the popular brand names we sell. For example AEM, Greddy, Apexi.. etc...

By entering, constestants agree their entry will be the property of Custom Auto a.b.a. B&T Distributors Inc. No person shall seek further compensation from Custom Auto for any reason whatsoever.

Check out CustomAuto.ca for all the rest of the info you need (phone numbers, fax etc..) but be sure to use the address posted below instead of the one posted on the website
    New address:
    #11 - 1339 40th Ave N.E.
    Calgary, AB T2E 8N6

Entry submission: See post below this one

Hints: Since your image will be used for print there are somethings that you need to keep in mind. Your color mode should be CMYK. Your canvas size should be set as 2100x1463 pixels for best results. I am not too familiar with other tricks/techniques involved with creating work for print so if you do know what is required then plz post some hints/tips in the comments thread.

CustomAuto Logo:Right click --> save as the following link for the Custom Auto Logo:
    http://www.customauto.ca/images/products/calogo.tif
    The logo color can be changed to whatever you would like as to match the rest of your entry

Here is a link to the current CustomAuto.ca magazine advertisement....take a look at it to get a basic idea of what kind of quality they need and get an idea of what to do for the required features:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    ^Winning entry created by the winner of our previous contest: HighVelocity

Get to work!!

My Ride
    V167

Entry Submission Process Instructions:
    Basically showing a preview of your entry (ie: not full size), a winner will be chosen after CustomAuto staff looks through and finds a selection they like. The winner will be notified via PM and they will email their fullsize files to the staff at CustomAuto.

note: make sure that when you create your new document to use as the preview your color mode is set as RGB (keep your original file in CMYK but this new preview file MUST be in RGB if you want it to show up when attached to your post...)

POST YOUR COMMENTS IN THE COMMENTS THREAD!!
    THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRY SUBMISSION ONLY!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2001 Honda Prelude SE

Here's my entry, I wanted to do a cool blue colour scheme... but man, CMYK inks just don't support very nice blues. Oh well... I didn't have a lot of time to work on this... work is keeping me busy. Let's see everyone else's entries!
    Last edited by HighVelocity; 09-08-2004 at 09:37 PM.

My Ride
    V167

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH AT NOON

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Angry

Well this feels like a small waste of time, but I only started yesterday. As I have just found out.....the program I use (photoimpact 8) does not support CMYK properties. I learned this trying to switch to , and recreate the image in this format. Well here is my submission. If the image is liked enough, I will be able to use photoshop to properly use the CMYK color scheme. I have never done an ad before ........ya live and ya learn I guess.

PS Extra Thanks To Ben from www.psylence.com (and here on Beyond) for permitting me to use his pictures for this setup.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    1991 Volkswagen Golf 8v

1 hr hackjob, but I have school tomorrow so I can't work on it more, here's the general idea, obviously I can fix the imperfections if I'm picked, but atm I'm very tired.

Also, The light from the bottom left doesnt look good, but I flattened image by accident, so again, can fix if picked.

My Ride
    92 civic hatch

I havent done any of this stuff for a long ass time but this is what i came up with. I finally had some time on my hands so i thought i would contribute. I hope you guys like it and if you do and want changes that can be done just let me know, thats all, good luck to everyone.

My Ride
    2001 Honda Prelude SE

Here's my second entry... why? Because I can. Actually it's because people were giving me a hard time about my first entry being a copy of my entry from the previous contest (which is actually farily accurate ). So here it is... not quite as finished as I would like... but I have a severe case of food poisoning right now and I'm surprised I was even able to post this. Good luck to everyone! Keep those entries coming!

My Ride
    V167

Heres my entry...its not 100% done yet (maybe close to 95% done...). I did what I could with the technical problems that I had going on (see comments thread for more info on the situation)

All thats left is to add a row of Tuner company logos in the black strip that is above the bottom red area. I couldn't load any company logos onto my pc because of a failed floppy drive and lack of internet so thats where I had to stop

I hope you guys at customauto like this one

FYI: When it is viewed at PROPER size the text is NOT blurry...I guess I just resized it wrong when I pasted it onto the new image

My Ride
    89 Fairlady TT, 01 MDX, 02 CBR F4i

I would like to announce the team here at Custom Auto have decided to use Nismodrifter's entry. Thanks to everyone who entered. We appreciate all the excellent efforts here!!
    Come visit our new shop!

My Ride
    Eclipse

YAHHH CONGRATS NISMO!!
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

VERY WELL DESERVED!!!!
    Nice work Nav, ya feckin punk!! jk!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    92 civic hatch

Congrats nismo u did a good job even with your limited resources haha ya bastard haha jks good job.

My Ride
    V167

THanks guys, it was hard as SHIT getting this entry done without internet....but I managed to do quite well

Neeper wanted some changes done so here is what the FINAL entry ended up looking like:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Nice work by all during this contest! I was freaked out to see so many entries posted all of a sudden around the last day but I guess I got lucky this time

yeah you got lucky this time.... next time im gonna get u...

My Ride
    2001 Honda Prelude SE

Nicely done Nismodrifter... Congratulations