Quantcast
Which intake would you use? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which intake would you use?

Default Which intake would you use?

weapon-r's dragon intake:

or aem's short ram

Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    335i

Whatever's cheaper
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Whatever's cheaper
    haha the weapon_r one is cheaper by 1 american dollar, so thats about $50 canadian

i dunno that AEM is 129 american from cms and id rather give a local company business than order off the net
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

haha the weapon_r one is cheaper by 1 american dollar, so thats about $50 canadian

i dunno that AEM is 129 american from cms and id rather give a local company business than order off the net

Would you be willing to build it yourself? You could save a few bucks.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Again, whichever is cheaper. These mods are worthless, I can't stress it enough. The only power mods i'll ever buy are FI from now on....

Take a test drive with someone who has the exact car, spent the same amount of money, and has a turbo or supercharger, and you'll see what I mean. I've realized that and won't ever do it again.

Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Again, whichever is cheaper. These mods are worthless, I can't stress it enough. The only power mods i'll ever buy are FI from now on....

Take a test drive with someone who has the exact car, spent the same amount of money, and has a turbo or supercharger, and you'll see what I mean. I've realized that and won't ever do it again.
    yes but looking realisitically a turbo would be 1-2 yrs away, so i might as well enjoy my car in the meantime

My Ride
    1993 Nissan 240sx

Go AEM, weapon R looks too ricey.

My Ride
    Cayenne TT

I would go AEM, they are MUCH better quality and use a good filter!

My Ride
    '08 Mazda 3 GT

Deff. AEM

Definately AEM, Never heard of other one and heard nothing but good things here and there about AEM, Apparently K&N has the best filters u mite wanna look into getting one of those, and u could look at a nice little hp bonus
    Originally posted by cavb0i
    get a real car. get a cavalier. all i gotta say. cavs r reliable nd if u got some xtra $$ put on a body kit help downforse nd keep u sturdy on the road nd look good. not all fugly nd slow like a mistubishi car or nissan. hondas r good tho i m not antimport. do ur self a fauor a get a real car!all i gotta say.
    ^^Funniest thing ive evr herd^^

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

I like the weapon R,... only because it looks like you'll draw slightly cooler air from where it sits,... than having the filter directly behind the rad.

Ya know,... I bet I can make a pipe for you,... it'll be 2 pc tho,.. for about $40-50 CAN.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    turbo 01 accord, yamaha FZ6

Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer
    Definately AEM, Never heard of other one and heard nothing but good things here and there about AEM, Apparently K&N has the best filters u mite wanna look into getting one of those, and u could look at a nice little hp bonus
    Dude, AEM comes with a K&N filter. anyways, i'd go AEM and probly the polished one at that, colours under the hood just seem a little bit cheap to me if it's just one or two parts. i dunno, personal preference.

My Ride

The best thing to maximize on air intake,... is setting up a cold air intake,... anything 'in' the engine bay will be warm air.

The hp diff between the wai and cai is very minimal,... mind you air intakes are only minimal increase anyways. the one thing you'll enjoy more is the sound if it.

It's almost like "which one will resonate a better sound"?

Originally posted by barmanjay
    The best thing to maximize on air intake,... is setting up a cold air intake,... anything 'in' the engine bay will be warm air.

The hp diff between the wai and cai is very minimal,... mind you air intakes are only minimal increase anyways. the one thing you'll enjoy more is the sound if it.

It's almost like "which one will resonate a better sound"?
    so which makes better sound? CAI or WAI?

i dunno i put some thought into what weapon_r said, and i might just go with practical mods that will be useable now and 5 yrs from now incase i do indeed go the FI route. like short throw shifter, body kit, etc.

My Ride
    335i

If you are on a budget, do suspension

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

I think the cai would make a better sound,.. seeing as the filter would be drawing cold air from outside the engine bay,... the sound would be hear a touch more clear,... were as the wai,... the sound would bounce off of various parts of the engine,... you would still hear it,.. but it would be a touch quiter,.... hypothetically speaking of course.

weapon r actually looks like it would work better, a little bit...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Whatever you go with, i'd go with a short ram intake.. for the difference in gains, the short ram will have much better throttle response which would be a lot more useable than a couple horse power more you may receive with the CAI
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    ............ the short ram will have much better throttle response
    You stumped me there?

how does a short ram give you better throttle response?

I mean, in theory your intake is only as good as the narrowest part,.... if you're using 3" piping,... the narrowest part will be your Throttle body,... which generally has approx a 52mm throttle plate,... which is 2",.... so a 3" pipe that is 28-32"" long,..can't restrict any airflow at all

does a vacuum cleaner work/suck better with a hose that's 12" shorter?
    does a garden water hose shoot farther if it's 12" shorter?

I'm not trying to sound like a dink or something,... I'm just stumped at why you think a short ram can give you better throttle response.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

its just common knowledge, sorry i don't have any links or proof to back up that claim at the moment.. i'm sure a couple people here that have CAIS or short ram can tell their experiences.. i've heard many ppl say that their CAI it kinda takes a short time for it to "kick in"
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast