Quantcast
Currently Traveling In Japan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Currently Traveling In Japan

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Default Currently Traveling In Japan

Well as some of you may have known, I've since moved from Calgary to Saskatoon and finally ended up in Yokohama, Japan (actually about a 10 minute walk across the city divide into Tokyo!).

I have seen many many MANY of you out there chat and talk about how you wish you were out in Japan and the things you would do. Well my question is why don't you just go out and travel for a bit? Sure, it might take you to sell your car but if you get over here for even half a year and pick up a part time job like most other foreigners (mostly teaching english) then you can afford to pick up (close to) a brand new car once you get back to Cow-Town, Edmonton or wherever you hail from. Just a thought at least!

I'm basically just putting this post here to share some of my pictures and stories with you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask publically or privatly (and YES I am taking requests for the searching and/or sending of hard-to-find car-parts as one of my colleagues runs a car junk-yard). If I could suggest anything, it would be to go and do some traveling after you are done college, university or what-have-you. Even if it's not Japan, just get out and go somewhere. Why? Well I've asked many people in their fourties and fifties if they have any regrets and nine-times out of ten, they'll say they regret not doing more traveling. Well isn't that something? I would rather experience it and absolutly hate it, then think back when I'm 50 or so and say to myself "Boy, I wish I did some traveling around the world when I was younger". Just think about it.

So far I have walked about 300km in the past two months (in Japan, you tend to walk a LOT) namely because I didn't know just how far thin s are from place to place so in once case a train ride took me 20 minutes.... so I thought I could walk the same train line in about 3 hours at most. Six hours later I hadn't even covered half-way from point A to point B. That sucked some major ass.

Anyhow, enough of that for now, take a peek at my website located at
    http://www.pozland.com

and the photos i've been taking since I arrived:
    http://www.pozland.com/japan

Enjoy folks, I know I already have been!!!

-Aqua

My Ride
    Honda

If you actually upgraded your Tiburon to a 94 RB, then props! Haha the trip was meant for you
    But for some of us, selling our car and moving off the continent makes about as much sense as warm ice-cream. There's plenty of people who have way too much going on to just give it all up and teach English overseas.

I worked with a guy who taught English in Japan for 8 years. The problem is that once he comes back to Canada, he's right where he left off. I think if someone has the resources to live in Japan and work for "ok" money, then they have the resources to invest in an education for a career.

2 cents.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Even J-bodies look better over there

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Ninjak: that's very true man, many folks have too much going on in their lives - but the few folks that I know IRL from Beyond don't have much going for them. Not doing much after university, and just not doing a whole lot in general.

Crap, just saw the time - I'll post more at work!

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

Talk about a necro-post.

Thought I'd give an update. I'm back in Canada, between Calgary and Saskatoon, finishing off a degree as I got deported from Japan after losing my passport. Got lectured by the assholes in the Canadian Embassy and it was suggested that I sold it. Well if I would have known I could sell it for $7000 then I certainly would have, those pompous assholes.

I started out teaching, moved into managing a school and then opened a studio of myself for my photo work. I'm here for another year and a half, then back I go!

I highly suggest anyone and everyone goes and experiences Japan, it's fucking incredible! Amazing money (even teaching English), always tons to do and the cities never shut down EVER!!!

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm more than happy to answer!!!

Man, that must suck! Did you have to pay for your plane ticket back? or did they just shove you on a plane?

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

With the two options, I could either use my open-ended ticket, or I could go to jail and then have THEM pay for it. Kinda useful, don't you think?

My Ride
    RX300

funny how you wrote this thread 3 years ago in 2004 and then come back in 2007 to write more, surprised this thread is still in existence.

anyways that sucks that you lost your passport.

i've been to Japan once in my life and it was pretty sweet. i'd definitely do it again.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Been to Japan this March and going again March 2008. I love it there. March 2009 I might move out there for a year or 2 to teach english myself. Japan is so sweet

I would love to go even just for the tokyo auto salon

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm more than happy to answer!!!
    WTF is with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa

What's your take on Japanese racism? Is it still a big problem?

How do you feel about ninjas?

Textbook controversy, how big a deal?

Originally posted by szw

WTF is with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa

Woah that story is pretty crazy... Only 15 months of prison for eating her haha