Quantcast
I have absolutely had it! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: I have absolutely had it!

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Default I have absolutely had it!

Regarding http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5480

Jack Carter has been told to officially NOT expect me to ever come to them again.

As many of you know I had my car in to see them for the THIRD time for the same exhaust issue.

And once again, they are doing nothing.

The service advisor called me 2 hours after I dropped of the car, and basically said they won't touch the car. He said the computer isn't giving any codes so there's nothing they can do. He went on to say that some smell is normal. And that I should try different gas. Exactly what they said a friggin year ago! He also said that since I added the air intake system, they aren't able to properly diagnose the problem, because of changed air/fuel rates. Can I ask how many of you out there who have intake are having problems with exhaust smell? I'm guessing none.

So. I am currently in the process of writing a nice long letter to General Motors of Canada, to complain about the horrendous service I've had at this dealership.

It's not only this one trip. Several of my trips have left me very dissapointed. From them having my car for 8 hours and not touching it. To the guy driving my car up front to me with the alarm blaring. And another guy stalling my car right in front of me! And on Monday, the thing that pissed me off the most was the service advisor being very condescending on the phone, about the air intake. As if it was a crime to modify his perfectly engineered GM vehicle.

Problems I have had the car in to Jack Carter for, that have NOT been fixed include:

- Squeeking struts
    - "Rattling Chain" transmission noise
    - Front bumper installed crooked
    - Rotten Egg exhaust smell X3

Problems I have had the car in to Jack Carter for, that HAVE been fixed include:

-none

This will actually be the SECOND time I write to GM to complain about this particular dealership.

** END RANT **

My Ride
    changes daily :D

holy shit dude i don't blame you...you should go to mckay and talk to greg...he is an awesome guy and since my dad got his sunfire, any problems that we have had have been addressed immediately and he is a really good guy....seriously, if you want i can give him a call and see if he can do something about it

My Ride

Is McKay the one on Macleod Trail, a little further south from Jack Carter? If that's the one, that is the dealer I was considering going to, just because it's the next closest.

My Ride

yeah it's right before the mcleod/heritage overpass bridge thingy...seriously though i can give him a call and see what he can do....

My Ride

Thanks a ton, Maybe I'll hit you up for that favour in the spring. But I'm parking the car this coming weekend.

My Ride

ahhh i see...cool...well just let me know when you are taking it back out and i should be able to help you out...

My Ride
    '01 Stang

I had a similar problem with the Crowfoot Ford dealership! The guys there couldnt fix a minor clutch detail, so they told me that "it was supossed to be like that". WTF? So I went to Universal Ford on Barlow and they fixed it in 2 hours.
    Just try a different dealership man!
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

hahah i know exactly what you gone through w/ Jack carter!!! we had our van there for like a year ( just moved here.. never owned a car before..) few years back... and the service is sooo bad its not even funny. The biggest problem we had was the wheel alighnment. the wheel is never center, we bring it in about 4 times over 6 months, and everytime they said they would fix it but they never did, well once they did, but 2 days later its off agian. same w/ the back window on the sliding door. something keep falling off, bring it in, and its off again in the few days. later we learned that all he did was hitting the thing back in w/ a hammer without making sure it will actually STAY there.
    and alot of other BS service. we stopped going after they broke one of the side mirror and went to Canadian tire. 30% cheaper, the wheel been align to center TIL THIS DAY!!

Time to raise some shit Dav, thats just crap

My Ride

I'm gonna go buy a new cat. And send GM the bill.

Did you at least try to stink up their service area?
    ---

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

That's Funny (Not your Problem Dav) I Bought and Serviced my ZR2 Though Jack carters and Got excellent Service From them all the time and I use to 4X4 mine all the time and everything and they still warrantyed a few thing that need to be repaired

Try going through the better business bureau and get an arbritration hearing.

Too bad we don't have any lemon laws in Canada. Otherwise my last car would have been bought back.

gm

My Ride
    Sfire GT and Daytona turbo

or just go throw rocks at them
    Scott
    CFB Esquimalt/HMCS Protecteur

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

i saw your car on the lift.. so it was in there... No wonder i am fucking quitting there.. I see too much shit like that ever damm day. i thought it would be diffrent to work at a dealership insetad of crappy tires shop... but its 10x worse, and 10x the scam. You can bet that when i do go back to work tomorrow i will be talking to rob miller about your situation and how this is BS... you had the smell way before you did the intake, and it has not stoped, christ, i rember the first day i met you at the car wash, you came in with ian, and i wanted to kick your car out cuas it smelt to bad ... and what ever you do, do no go to cmp, even worse than jc...
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride

I'm actually surprised they actually put the car on the lift. When I got the car back, I checked the odo. They didn't even put a single kilometre on the car.

How the heck are they suppose to diagnose without driving the damn thing?

Oh well, I thank you for your help Rob! And yeah, get out of Jack Carter... they don't appear to be very competent! (in my experience, anyways).

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

trust me.. there not... bunch of fuck ups...
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!