Quantcast
REAR ENDED!!! Got a question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: REAR ENDED!!! Got a question

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default REAR ENDED!!! Got a question

After owning my 88 crx si for about 1 1/2 years, I've spent almost $20, 000 in it since i've gotten it (blue crx around mckenzie and douglas dale). Just got my zc carb hood on and 17'' sukodo rims on yesterday. Then today, driving like a safe bastard I am, I stop for a pedestrian on edmonton trail. Some dude in a 1988 toyota camry doesn't realize that i'm stopping for a pedestrian and decides to tail me......once he realized that i was actually stopping, he locks his brakes up and slides right into me. My gf is in pain, i'm alright with just a little sore in the middle of my back, and the car i've spent so much money on, is fucked. Yes i can part the car out, yes I can claim insurance.

But the one question I have is, i've spent a lot on repainting the car and taking out the rust (car was litterally sawed off from the top of the wheel well-down). Will insurance companies still just pay the KBB worth of my car? Or will they take into consideration that I actually paid $4500 to repaint the car and make it rust free? I really don't want to write this car off just cuz it's my 1st car i've owned.....yes my 1st car........and it's really hard to let go. Am I SOL?

My Ride
    99 F355, 08 3500 Diesel Mega Cab, 12 Versa

No, most times they will cover what you have recpts for. I hope you have all your bills ect. Make sure you give them AS MUCH INFO as possible. Remember you can get the car if it is a write off then have the option to buy it back. 9 times out of 10 buying it back is best because you can then part out the car and make more cash.

Basicly is the car a write off? this is the big question. And if it is, is it worth taking th cash and buying the car back and x-fering it to a second rex? This is your call, id say do what you feel, as im sure this was your baby.

My Ride
    97 civic

shiittty man

hope everythin works out for u dude

My Ride
    335i

Unless you got the car appraised at 20k, and told them, I don't think they will give you 20,000 for it. After all, you were paying to insure a 1988 civic, not a $20,000 car...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

I assume you are going to get a settlement or something for the injury as well?

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Unless you got the car appraised at 20k, and told them, I don't think they will give you 20,000 for it. After all, you were paying to insure a 1988 civic, not a $20,000 car...
    lol I wasn't looking for my 20 grand back. Just wondering if they cover the paintjob. I know they don't cover for like body kits and what not. I just hope they give me more than like 2500-3000 for my baby . Just to buy a crx that's in decent condition is like at least 4 grand plus i'm gonna be repainting it again.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by Kamen
    I assume you are going to get a settlement or something for the injury as well?
    Well i hope the insurance company offers a resonable amount cuz the doctor told my gf that it seemed like she suffered minor - moderate whiplash. Most of the impact was on he passenger side

As for me, I think it's just some sore muscles, but man, waking up never felt so painful lol

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

So no one else has anything to say about this situation? No one has had this happeend to them before?

Oh I dunno if i mentioned it already, but the paintjob was not even a month old.

My Ride
    335i

They will paint it like it was. They aren't going to use different paint, and a good body shop will take all precautions. No need to worry.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    N54B30O1

Agreed, since the accident was the fault of the other driver, his insurance co is the one you need to convince. And it should be obvious with your receipts that your paint job was exceptional and requires a specialty shop to do the repair properly. Your own insurance coverage is irrelevant (although it would be a good idea to get full-value coverage if you expect $20K in the event that it gets stolen or destroyed). Good luck.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

As long as you have receipts for everything, you should be fine. The paint job should be covered since it would be obvious looking at the parts of the car that aren't damaged, that it was more than any other pos 1988 car right?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    As long as you have receipts for everything, you should be fine. The paint job should be covered since it would be obvious looking at the parts of the car that aren't damaged, that it was more than any other pos 1988 car right?
    That's right, I actually took the time and money to make my crx look and feel right. I didn't go welfare style on it at all. Mostly got my parts from autodream, speedtech, and some from custom auto.

Problem is, the people who painted my car were working outta their own garage so they don't give reciepts. It took them over 5 weeks to work on my car. But I do have the receipts of the paint and all other materials to do the paintjob.

As you can see, I'm mostly concerned about the paintjob. Reason being is that if the car is a write off, I hafta go out and buy me another crx and I highly doubt i can find one without any rust on it. So the cost of repainting another crx to look like my current one is gonna be nuts.

My Ride
    POS

be prepare, first, they will not pay extra for your paint job, b'coz u didn't let them know your car have been refurnbish or anything like that. u've just paying premium for a normal 1988 Honda CRX, i will suggest u get the car back, b'coz the they write off yoru car, u will lost tons of money.............if u get it back, at least u can part out.......

hope this help and good luck

btw, which insurance u dealing with and which company the third party dealing with?
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by bighead2267
    be prepare, first, they will not pay extra for your paint job, b'coz u didn't let them know your car have been refurnbish or anything like that. u've just paying premium for a normal 1988 Honda CRX, i will suggest u get the car back, b'coz the they write off yoru car, u will lost tons of money.............if u get it back, at least u can part out.......

hope this help and good luck

btw, which insurance u dealing with and which company the third party dealing with?
    co-operators is mine and ING insurance is his (dude who hit me)

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

I was in an accident New Year's Eve 2003. A 14year old girl stole her mom's car, ran a red light and hit us. Vehicle Insurance took about 4-6 weeks to get straightened out, but as for injury settlements, don't expect that for quite some time. We went to a lawyer immediately afterwards and are currently still in the process of suing... I was off work for 5 months after the accident and still am not anywhere near back to 100%.

Whatever the settlement turns out to be, I'm sure it won't be anywhere near the amount it would take for me to say "That's a good amount, I didn't really use my back that much anyways".

We were driving in a $5000 stock cavalier... I know you were driving a much more expensive vehicle... but at least it doesn't sound like you're too badly injured.

Cars can be replaced, people can't.

Hope everything works out for you!

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Thanx for your concern. I'm not seriously injured but I am sore. I can't bend down like I used to and it's even hard for me to lift my rims into my car. My gf on the other hand got the worst end of it. She's able to walk and all, but she's in more pain than I am. I'm not looking to milk this guy or anything, just want this over as easily and quickly as we can.

My Ride
    19 TLX

so if the car was a write off, how much does the insurance co. pay you for it?

the appraisal value? or black book value? or something else?

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by JohnnyBlaze
    so if the car was a write off, how much does the insurance co. pay you for it?

the appraisal value? or black book value? or something else?
    Good question, I dont even know yet and it's been over a week since the accident. I've called the dude's insurance many times and they just keep telling me to wait for the insurance adjuster to call me.

My Ride
    turbo 01 accord, yamaha FZ6

hey man, don't worry about milking the guy, it'll be his insurance company covering it anyway. for sure go for the injury settlement as whiplash cases can net up to $10,000 dollars. it may or may not be that dramatic, but you probably will end up with something if you talk to an injury lawyer.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

I'm not worried about settling injury claims. What I am worried about is if my car is a write off or not. And if so, will the cover they paintjob I had on it that wasn't even a month old at the time of the accident. Well, to this date it hasn't even been a month old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast