Quantcast
student loan auditing - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: student loan auditing

Default student loan auditing

has anyone here been audited for their student loans?

i am curious...
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

I have!

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by roopi
    I have!
    ....and so..what happend?
    trying is the first step towards failure

Not much. It happened about 2 months before I graduated. They weren't to happy finding out that I did have assets under my name when I claimed I had no assets. If you claim you have assets they usually expect you to sell them. Anyways they asked for some additional paperwork and thats about it. I think since I was graduating in 2 months they really didn't bother doing a whole lot about it.

so did they ask for receipts and stuff to justify say personal expenses, or transportation costs?

also, did you drive to school? if so, would claiming insurance under transportation be okay?

they also say to send them in writing a letter if you make more money than you expect etc. in a month. anything like that?

and nothing happened about the whole assets thing?
    Built not Bought.
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

Originally posted by dj_honda
    so did they ask for receipts and stuff to justify say personal expenses, or transportation costs?

also, did you drive to school? if so, would claiming insurance under transportation be okay?

they also say to send them in writing a letter if you make more money than you expect etc. in a month. anything like that?

and nothing happened about the whole assets thing?
    They just asked for some info on some RSP's I had.

If the car is registered in your own name and it is worth a fair amount they will expect you to sell your car and buy something cheaper to help pay for your school.

They couldn't really do much about the assets thing because I was 2 months from graduation and by the time the entire audit was done I'd already finished school. I was entering repayment so they were out of luck.

I take it you are being audited?

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Originally posted by roopi

I take it you are being audited?
    Or maybe he's thinking about LYING on his student loan and he wanted to make sure the PO ain't gonna be kicking his house door down a few months down the road!!!

Originally posted by sml

Or maybe he's thinking about LYING on his student loan and he wanted to make sure the PO ain't gonna be kicking his house door down a few months down the road!!!
    hey man, your brother told me to do it!
    j/k haha.
    no i am not thinking of lying, haven't even applied yet actually.
    just curious if i should be keeping all my receipts and stuff, and how strict they are about stuff.
    and whether claiming my 300$+ a month insurance as well as gas and parking under transportation is okay. i mean the government is screwing me over for insurance, seeing as i have a clean record, so i figure i may as well take as much advantage as i can

my car is a pos i doubt it would count for anything.
    Built not Bought.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by dj_honda

my car is a pos i doubt it would count for anything.
    Does your car have supra rims and spew out a cloud of smoke when you start from a stop? if so i was behind you today and you really need to get your fucking car fixed man
    If not, ignore that message
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Does your car have supra rims and spew out a cloud of smoke when you start from a stop? if so i was behind you today and you really need to get your fucking car fixed man
    If not, ignore that message

yea thats my car! the exhaust isnt the problem. the valve stem seals went hard. i'll fix it when i have time. and if the cars a problem, you can vouch for me, its a pos!

i dont know what else the prob could be. started doin it this past week, after driving it for a year. basically just now when the temperatures have started to drop.
    Built not Bought.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

i thought i was going to get poisoned from the gases
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

I think the max you can get from like housing and transpotartion,, Rent... Pretty much living expenses can go up to 350/mth Maximum

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's been a decade since my student loan days. The only advice I can give you is, the loan is for education, don't spend it all partying it up.

You'll regret it later.

My Ride
    mx6

Heh, interest free loans, I worked my ass off in the summer and paid for my school, I then used the student loan money to buy a computer, and some toys. Then I invested the rest of the money in some mutal funds and GICs. If someone will give you money interst free, take it. Oh yeah, I then found out it was illegal to invest student loand money. Or at least thats what the bank branch lady said.

My Ride
    2000 Accord Coupe V6

If you get audited for your Student loan it means BAD NEWS!

My friend originally got $8000 from remission (which is the amount they deduct off your student loan based on what they thought the schooling should have costed) so thats $8000 in free money.... Then they sent him an Audit letter and he ended up having to pay the $8000 back along with any bursuries that he had gotten over the years.