Quantcast
V8 powered BMW E36 sedan - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: V8 powered BMW E36 sedan

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

oh my god, its beautiful. so hot man, good job

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    2008 911 C4S

Congrats guys! Schweet site! There are going to be E36's kicking my a$$ all over town now.
    Last edited by omes; 12-26-2004 at 07:06 PM.
    2008 Porsche 911 C4S, gone but not forgotten 2008 E60 ///M5, 2003 E39 ///M5, 2002 E46 330 CIC Supercharged.

Originally posted by m10-power
    Our website is finally live

www.v3auto.com

Happy Holidays all

Nice site M10.
    Any performance data on the car? 0-60, 1/4 mile times?

You supply the E36, The LS1 Engine with all the important stuff and transmission. You do the labor.

$7311.52 USD (not including international crate shipping if you are in the US) for their package (at their special introductory price to the first 10 customers!)

They want a $3656.00 deposit until April 30, 2005, when they will require their balance prior to shipping.

You have to send both your LS1 wiring harness and your BMW harness for them to sort out and send back to you. They do not program your PCM for you, so this will be up to you. (Not all bad, just good to point out)

You have to give an additional $250.00 deposit to borrow a jig in order to weld the mounts to your crossmember, and then pay to ship it back...[This is a good idea.]

Quote:"It is fairly obvious from our test car's engine bay pictures that the conversion is very tidy and well layed out"

Um... No. The distant photos look as though the master cylinder and vacuum power booster or the entire engine must be removed to get your driver's side valve cover off...
    Correct me if I'm wrong...

No directions or specifics until you have placed an order...

You are on your own to resolve the differential, but they went with: Euro M3 rear differential/subframe and Powerflex subframe mounting bushings, as well as their own reinforcements.

They are estimating 40-60 hrs per install (one week shop time), yet it will take them until spring to get their two additional cars done.

"Can I purchase key components from the kit? No, the conversion is sold as a complete package only."

Engine Selection:
    I suggest that anyone who is considering this do EXTENSIVE reasearch on the LS1 prior to selecting your engine. Some LS1's have had random oil pump failures, which trashes the bearings and requires a complete rebuild. (You can unknowingly find these on ebay often.) There are vast differences between years, newer always being better. Price does not seem to depend on the year with these, either. While your engine is out, I reccomend new ARP connecting rod bolts, new oil pump and lots of other important things that are too vast to write here. There are many LS1 websites to help with this. It took me months of reasearch to know what NOT to buy. V3's website advice in this area leaves much to be desired.

There is a long thread on here about this conversion:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/foru...71&page=1&pp=50

There are also others doing the same thing:

http://nash8503.com/Conversion_Kits.html

http://www.vorshlag.com/E36ProjectBook.asp

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

interesting concept, but it looks like a bitch to work on
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2