Originally posted by gpomp
    This thread reminds me of albertacars.net
    It seems the trolls have followed us here

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    the fabric feels like wool
    I can vouch for that!

A friend took me for a spin in his 5.0 and I left with a rash all over my skin!

a 95 gets .86gs and an impreza gets .86gs so the handling of the two cars is equal but on a road course the mustang will not have the mad oversteer

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

isnt the mustang gonna have more oversteer since its RWD?

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

300rwhp which impreza are you talking about? AWD L, FWD L, 2.2TS, 1st gen 2.5RS, 2nd gen 2.5RS, WRX, or 2.5TS? also where are you getting this data from?

Hahaha too funny, wish I was here to throw my two cents in but I missed out. I really don't think that you should listen to someone who drives an MR2 who's ex-gf liked stangs more then his car. i think theres a little bias there, a little pent up rage, maybe just a little? lol. The 302 is the best engine ford has ever made, any year, in any car, just for the shear modability of them and the fact that they are one of the most bullet-proof engines ever made, no matter what the factory output is. Don't listen to the haters, they'd have you in a Civic DX with windshield washer LED's if they could...
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    Hahaha too funny, wish I was here to throw my two cents in but I missed out. I really don't think that you should listen to someone who drives an MR2 who's ex-gf liked stangs more then his car. i think theres a little bias there, a little pent up rage, maybe just a little? lol. The 302 is the best engine ford has ever made, any year, in any car, just for the shear modability of them and the fact that they are one of the most bullet-proof engines ever made, no matter what the factory output is. Don't listen to the haters, they'd have you in a Civic DX with windshield washer LED's if they could...

...completely right

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

This mustang will slay all if you drop 10, maybe 15 grand and if we have to...overnight parts from detroit

Honestly though, I'm not a huge fan of mustangs, but they are pretty tough to beat from a performance standpoint. Sure, they aren't the greatest cars stock but you can squeeze a lot out of them with a little cash.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

there are a ton of cars that arent so great from stock that can be made better with a bit of cash, it's the ones that are great frok stock and can be made even better that i respect
    Oh ya by the way 5.9rt, I found out after I had a little incident with the MR2 that my ex-girlfriend really did love the car, she just resented it and hated all the time it took me away from her.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Oh ya by the way 5.9rt, I found out after I had a little incident with the MR2 that my ex-girlfriend really did love the car, she just resented it and hated all the time it took me away from her.
    lol good to hear man, good to hear!
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

impreza 2002 wrx awd

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    It seems the trolls have followed us here

w3rd!!!
    Travel

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    a 95 gets .86gs and an impreza gets .86gs so the handling of the two cars is equal but on a road course the mustang will not have the mad oversteer
    I fail to see how a car that suffers from oversteer problems everywhere will miraculously have them disappear when the car is on the road course.

Ok, looking purely at lateral acceleration numbers, a '94 mustang GT and a '02 Impreza WRX on stock tires both pull .86g on the skidpad. If you want to talk about road course use, the impreza will be faster through the corners due to its better grip provided by all wheel drive allowing you to get on the gas sooner and FAR superior brakes letting it push much deeper before having to slow down. The mustang has the torque to really get going out of the corners, but when your opponent is entering the corner later and exiting earlier you don't have much of an opportunity to catch up unless you can get him on the straight away. Now, road course lap time is quite driver dependent too, but I'm willing to bet if you put a mustang and a WRX on the road course the lap times won't be so different, but how the two cars achieve their lap times is.

i still don't know where are you getting the data for the 2002wrx from

only test i read was by SCC. the best they could get the wrx to pull off was .82g's.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Bench racing sucks.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    Originally posted by gpomp
    Bench racing sucks.
    How many Gs a car can pull in a corner is not THE benchmark of handling. A way bigger component of handling is the actual driveability of the car and the way the car communicates and responses to driver input. For example, one of the things you always read about the NSX is how almost anyone can drive like a pro in that car. Not because the car grip the road like a bitch (which it can), but because it communicates the car's limits to the driver very well. Seriously, it is disgusting how little effort is put into the Mustang's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same basic design as Ford's minivans except with stiffer shocks.

The same thing applies for the Mustangs brakes too. Sure, you can throw on a set of huge rotors, but so what? Pure stopping power isn't everything as any driver who loves cornering will tell you. What's far more important is having a predictable and progressive braking system that is easy to use, so that it's easier to get the car to brake at the exact rate you want it to, and it's also easier to threshold brake. This is where the Mustang fails. What good are huge brakes if when you step down on the brake pedal, going down halfway does almost nothing, then as you reach a certain point, BAM out of nowhere you have 90% braking power?

The only thing that can't be disputed is a Mustang's straight-line potential.
    Last edited by GTS Jeff; 06-16-2002 at 07:16 AM.

What r u guys talking about. The 1994-1995 is the same as the 88-93 except better. It has a 3/4 inch longer wheelbase and the chassis is 55% more rigid. You people should pick up a magazine once and a while. The 94-95 has the same chassis as the 2003 cobra even its the sn95. The things that are hurting the car are variables of shocks and spring pressure and the shocks swaybars exctera. To the engine the difference between the 88-93 to 94-95 is hypertetic pistons instead of forged no big deal. ALSO ALL JAP CARS SUCK. THEY ALL HAVE LAWNMOWER MOTORS I DONT CARE HOW BUG YOUR TURBO IS. THERE ALSO UGLY

My Ride
    91 stealth TT, 04 SX 2.0/neon

Originally posted by vortechfast
    [B ALL JAP CARS SUCK. THEY ALL HAVE LAWNMOWER MOTORS I DONT CARE HOW BUG YOUR TURBO IS. THERE ALSO UGLY [/B]
    Texas?

Redneck?

Im not a Redneck you Homo. Im sorry my typing skills are not as good as yours.

TO that Redlyne_mr2 comment about how crappy Mustangs are your stupid. Do not talk about somthing you have no clue about Jap cars are just not as fast and those are the facts of life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast