Quantcast
Is it just me.... (jeep) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me.... (jeep)

My Ride
    pedals

Default Is it just me.... (jeep)

i was racing what looked like a stock jeep grand cherokee (in my jetta GTX), and i was blown away by the fact that he kept right up with me. I admit, my car is light on mods, but i always figured it to be quicker than a Jeep. Is this just a burn to me, or are those V8's quick???

be nice........

On an unrelated note, I have been revved at 3 times now at lights while it was bad snowy weather by fools in Jeeps....

My Ride
    money-pit

Yo turboDSM that "fight rice" sig seems very racist man!!!! I dont think its very cool.
    No and Im not like them....

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

yes they are quick actually..have a powerful 4.7 liter v8 and a 5 speed auto tranny!couple of my friends have em and they are surprisingly fast!

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    MDX

uh, my dad has one too(5.2L) and yeah its quick, but it doesn't rev very high, and runs out of steam around 120km. Of course they launch pretty good, but I wouldn't race one. Not exactly a good platform to drag race with!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by MYKN
    Yo turboDSM that "fight rice" sig seems very racist man!!!! I dont think its very cool.
    i HIGHLY doubt it is meant to be racist.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by finboy

i HIGHLY doubt it is meant to be racist.
    maybe not but it depends on how u look at it.....u know the word "rice" is not always used to describe cars......

i think it is pretty racist too if u look at it that way.....a guy beating down an asian guy and then it says "FIGHT RICE", especially since the animation has no cars or reference to cars in it or anything.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    Grand Am GT 99

7.2sec 0-60 i think that is fast but are you sure is even was a v8 and what year cuz it does matter.....the 98 5.2 have 220hp but dont even move because the engine for that year is junk and only has a 4 speed auto

99 and up have 4.7l (smaller)but with 235hp and a well built engine on a 5 speed auto (one of the fastes midsize SUVs )

My Ride
    jdm d16b

the new 03 jeeps have a h.o 4.7 v-8
    the 0-60 is 6.8
    its fast
    so much torque, its crazy
    they max out at like 190
    but still
    its one the quicker suvs

My Ride
    91 Mustang GT

Those jeeps own.
    91 Mustang GT
    99 Acura 1.6 el

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by dj_honda

maybe not but it depends on how u look at it.....u know the word "rice" is not always used to describe cars......

i think it is pretty racist too if u look at it that way.....a guy beating down an asian guy and then it says "FIGHT RICE", especially since the animation has no cars or reference to cars in it or anything.

you wuld have to know it was from the fast and the furious, I would change it just cause its kinda dumb, but hey, I know for a fact he doesn't mean it to be racist, people WILL take it the wrong way...
    Travel

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by szw
    nah none of us will take it the wrong way cuz we know what it means. People who see it who don't know car forum lingo will might think it has a racist intent, but whatever! no biggie!
    I think its amusing. haha
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

dont feel bad bro, i raced my nissan 240 against My friend's jeep. He freaking owned me....lol. I couldnt believe it. So i went to a dealership just to check the jeeps. I bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with 4.7 v-8. OMG it is so fast for a 4000lb vehicle. 0-60 in 7.2 (stock), and 1/4 in 15.8. I cant wait till i throw a few bolt-ons. My friend has a few bolt-ons on his 5.9 v8 and he is running in the High 5's. I also have a Jetta and my JGC blows it away. You probably raced a I6 JGC. The v-8 probably would have had u for lunch. The jeeps are dropping (option) a 427 Hemi in the 04's or 05's. it going to be the fastest SUV on the planet.

My Ride
    02 Sonic Blue, Mustang GT, Drop Top

im my racing days, i lost to a 2002 v8 grand cherokee.

they have a lot of torque i think its over 300.

I have 282lbs of tourque and 260 horse.

actually pretty sad when i lost to an SUV

My Ride
    00 GTS

I sometimes drive a '98 grand cherokee limited. 345lb/ft, 245 hp. Kills almost anything off the line until about 80. Torque is my friend.

mista breant that is sad if you knew how to drive the jeeep would not have had a chance

Originally posted by Dice
    dont feel bad bro, i raced my nissan 240 against My friend's jeep. He freaking owned me....lol. I couldnt believe it. So i went to a dealership just to check the jeeps. I bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with 4.7 v-8. OMG it is so fast for a 4000lb vehicle. 0-60 in 7.2 (stock), and 1/4 in 15.8. I cant wait till i throw a few bolt-ons. My friend has a few bolt-ons on his 5.9 v8 and he is running in the High 5's. I also have a Jetta and my JGC blows it away. You probably raced a I6 JGC. The v-8 probably would have had u for lunch. The jeeps are dropping (option) a 427 Hemi in the 04's or 05's. it going to be the fastest SUV on the planet.
    No, it's a 5.7L HEMI and with only ~345hp I doubt it will be the fastest IF it even gets built.

There are two V8's available in the JGC's right now, the 4.7 and the 4.7HO. 235 and 265hp respectively and 295 and 325tq. The Overland edition jeeps have the HO standard and the Limited has it as an option. The previous gen jeeps had the 5.9 as their biggest motor with the same power ratings as the R/T, 250hp and 345tq. The 5.2's were just dead ass slow beasts.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by redline_13000
    yes they are quick actually..have a powerful 4.7 liter v8 and a 5 speed auto tranny!couple of my friends have em and they are surprisingly fast!
    A 4.7 in a jimmy??? don't you mean 4.3?

Originally posted by sillyd
    I sometimes drive a '98 grand cherokee limited. 345lb/ft, 245 hp. Kills almost anything off the line until about 80. Torque is my friend.
    Yes, my mommy has one. TONS of power.

You know what she ran at Palmdale? 9 SECONDS FLAT.
    So much torque the chasis twisted coming off the line.
    I've never driven it.....scares the $#it out of me.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

5.9 U are right bro, my bad. The 5.7 hemi is a 345. It has 345 hp with 353 lb. ft. I realize you guys with the 5.9s have a beast of an engine, but i would take a 345 hemi over a 5.9. As far as it not being built check out this site. You are going to have to scroll down a bit. The option of buying a 345 hemi with your JGC is good possibility. They are figureing 0-60 in the 5's .....and that is without other bolt-ons

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b013102.htm
    Last edited by Dice; 11-18-2002 at 08:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast