Justified? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justified?

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Default Justified?

93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

pit maneuver at that speed? I think 2 cars boxing her in would be more effective on that road as far as preservation of life goes.
    Travel

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by Ben
    pit maneuver at that speed? I think 2 cars boxing her in would be more effective on that road as far as preservation of life goes.
    Pit her right after you passed 3 semi's and push her in to a ditch full of trees, GREAT idea

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Pit maneuver at that speed regardless the surroundings doesn't sound safe..... especially when involving an SUV
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    Subaru GR

yeah ture...boxing in would have been a better alternative, but they don't know the circumstances regaurding the chase. What if the driver had a firearm on board.....you can't risk the lives of officers.

But she originally had the option to be pulled over, so its her fault for commencing the 'chase' and thus takes responsiblity for all the consequeces. She put her life in danger and others on that road when she decided to run. I agree that they needed to take her off the road ASAP since it would be more unfortunate if she were to say hit another vehicle and kill more then herself and her passanger.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    B6 A4 / 600RR

Justified? Yes.

My Ride
    peugeot 307 cc

Originally posted by euro tang
    Justified? Yes.

stupid bitch. what was she thinking trying to outrun the cops, that never works especially in that piece of shit
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    EG civic coupe for now, Frankenstien will run soon

I feel its justified. Im glad the police take a more proactive approach to drivers. Get them off the road as fast as possible. Better her dead than somebody she slams into 5 miles up the road. Boxing her in is much less effective because the driver can just keep that pedal planted. Not only that but they police are exposed to gunfire as mentioned before.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

She was speeding because she had a suspended licence.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    1998 Mercedes Benz SL500/2000 Grand Cherokee V8

I never think the loss of life...especially when that young is in option. I dont htink she expected to die as a result of that....nor should she have. I thikn the trooper made poor judgment and should have sent her in to the barrier. Difficult decision, but there were plenty of other options....shoot tires etc.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Well of course she brought this on herself, however I do feel that boxing her in first and attempting that would be a better alternative to try before the pitt manouver.

This was not an armed robber or car thief, but someone scared of being pulled over because the licence was suspended. (from what I understand)

I dont think it's right to be put to death for what she did, but she made her choice to do what she did, and unfortunatly got the worst case scenario on the first strike.
    Travel

My Ride
    97 civic

agreed.... ^^^

Originally posted by Texas
    I thikn the trooper made poor judgment and should have sent her in to the barrier. Difficult decision, but there were plenty of other options....shoot tires etc.
    I'd rather put her into trees than incoming traffic.... its a regrettable and preventable situation, but it was definitely justified

Originally posted by Ben
    Well of course she brought this on herself, however I do feel that boxing her in first and attempting that would be a better alternative to try before the pitt manouver.

This was not an armed robber or car thief, but someone scared of being pulled over because the licence was suspended. (from what I understand)

I dont think it's right to be put to death for what she did, but she made her choice to do what she did, and unfortunatly got the worst case scenario on the first strike.

^^ very much so agree with you Ben. . .that was totally uncalled for in my book. . discrace that she had to lose her life even though ALL she had to do was pull over. . .

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

hmmmm i agree with what a few of you g uys said, a try to box her in would have been my first choice. then again im not a police officer and have no training in high speed chase manouvering.
    sucks for the passenger though, driver wouldnt pull over and theres nothing she could do bu hold on for the ride

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

People get killed crossing the street, she put herself in the situation. The cop was just trying to act in the best interests of the public - that comes first and from the way she was driving, that meant she had to be stopped now - the loss of her life and her passenger's was tragic, but hey any criticism you make of the cop can easily be made of her - she just had to pull over

My Ride
    peugeot 307 cc

Originally posted by 1badPT
    People get killed crossing the street, she put herself in the situation. The cop was just trying to act in the best interests of the public - that comes first and from the way she was driving, that meant she had to be stopped now - the loss of her life and her passenger's was tragic, but hey any criticism you make of the cop can easily be made of her - she just had to pull over
    great analysis
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2001 lightning 1987 suzuki samurai

first this was the best option they had, there was already a 60+ mile chase where as she could have stopped at any point. If all she had was a suspended licsnce, hell, pull over, its only gonna be suspended longer big deal. But by running from the cops the best scenerio for her was to go to jail for evading arrest, and the worst, which unfortuantly she chose, was death. The cop did this in the interest of the public. I see absolutly nothing wrong with what this cop did, we need more cops like him on the force.
    i have alot of hockey sticks

agreeed with every1 who says justified 2 preserve innconet life

My Ride
    99 Audi A4 2.8L

She owned herself. First sec you run from a cop and go that fast with a innocent passenger, you know you'll be risking death for sure. FUcking people. Sad.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast