Quantcast
edmonton, and need a slack job? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: edmonton, and need a slack job?

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Default edmonton, and need a slack job?

try checking out FI canada, and ask if you could even talk to somebody from PPSS... there should be a couple jobs there this winter, first 3 months, you make 1800 before taxes, after 3 months, 2000 a month and 80 % bennifits, after a year, you get 90% coverage and you can start with the company retirement plan, first year, you throw in up to 50, they match it, bue after 50, its unmatched untill later years. good for somebody who its just out of school, FULL TIME, 8 to 5... outside, all year round.

oh yea, after 3 months the company will pay for your H2S alive certification, then you can head out to the rigs for 200$ a day. in the winter you can ealsliy net 1600$ a paycheque (only of the 15th, pay period is every 2 weeks)

if you have your H2S alive training before hand, you can head out sooner, good to also have first aid and WHMIS, not required though

check it out

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

worked the rigs...i will pass,
    great cash i was making 1680 every two weeks take home.
    but you piss so much of it away its crazy.

and make sure you get along with everyone no girlfriend or wife jokes, i got tossed from one rig for making a comment about a guys wife(which i never even met her or knew what she looked like) i just said ....thats not what your wife said last night.

have fun.

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

Originally posted by custom culture
    worked the rigs...i will pass,
    great cash i was making 1680 every two weeks take home.
    but you piss so much of it away its crazy.

and make sure you get along with everyone no girlfriend or wife jokes, i got tossed from one rig for making a comment about a guys wife(which i never even met her or knew what she looked like) i just said ....thats not what your wife said last night.

have fun.

I don't think he talking about working on the oil/service rigs dude -- looks like a safety hand or maybe testing.

You got skidded for that? Wow, I worked on the rigs for a couple years and you would get skidded if you were NOT politically incorrect. All we did was make fun of each other wives/gf's.
    Last edited by awd; 09-15-2004 at 02:20 PM.

what does woeking on an oil ring entail

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by dasdin
    what does woeking on an oil ring entail
    Hard physically demanding labor, working in filth for 12-16 hours a day rain or shine, and getting treated like a bitch for your first few months. Money you make tho generally makes up for that.
    Travel

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

Originally posted by Ben

Hard physically demanding labor, working in filth for 12-16 hours a day rain or shine, and getting treated like a bitch for your first few months. Money you make tho generally makes up for that.
    Thats it in a nutshell.

But I was never treated like a bitch, although, I witnessed many that were.

In addition to what Ben said, you are also work out of town often -- longest stint I did was 47 days in the middle of nowhere, alberta.