Quantcast
Icq - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Icq

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    CowTown
    My Ride
    F30 Budget baller, Toyota All Trac, IS 350
    Posts
    1,435
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Icq

    hmm... well i had my icq hacked earlier this week...

    too bad the dumbass forgot to type in a new e-mail

    well... for anyone that wants to add me my icq # is 2716131

    the jackass deleted all the contacts on my list :madred:

    thanx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus
    Posts
    597
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Shitty deal. How did it get hacked? Just got lucky with the password?

    1937623 is mine, for anyone who wants it.

  3. #3
    Clem's Avatar
    Clem is offline FLAMESFAN 4LIFE-Canes in 4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    19554287 is mine but I'm rarely on.

    Usually on AIM: ACS Clem i

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Okotoks North
    Posts
    3,821
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Icq

    Originally posted by RiceCake
    hmm... well i had my icq hacked earlier this week...

    too bad the dumbass forgot to type in a new e-mail

    well... for anyone that wants to add me my icq # is 2716131

    the jackass deleted all the contacts on my list :madred:

    thanx
    Your contact list is stored locally so if it got hacked, they wouldn't be able to delete your contact list. I think MSN Messenger's version of the contact list is stored at a central server, ... then again what do I know. I'll shut up.
    ---

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    CowTown
    My Ride
    F30 Budget baller, Toyota All Trac, IS 350
    Posts
    1,435
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Re: Icq

    Originally posted by kenny


    Your contact list is stored locally so if it got hacked, they wouldn't be able to delete your contact list. I think MSN Messenger's version of the contact list is stored at a central server, ... then again what do I know. I'll shut up.
    yeah i got most my contacts back on my comp but its all in the not in list section and it takes a while to get them all back... not to mention icq keeps messing up and i can only add about 10 users every 30 mins or so...


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    9.872604, -85.498802
    My Ride
    A Ford and a Caddy™
    Posts
    5,965
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    ICQ now stores its contact lists on its servers with the new 2002a.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX
    Posts
    2,517
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by Benny
    ICQ now stores its contact lists on its servers with the new 2002a.
    ICQ has been doing that for awhile now, since 2001a I believe. I know 2001b does it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus
    Posts
    597
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    But if your contact list is removed from ICQ's servers (ie. from another computer) then on your computer, all your contacts appear as "not in list" and it's a bitch to add them all again. Especially if you have to get authorization...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Skateboard
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    ICQ uses a central server now that is why you can use http://www.icq2go.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX
    Posts
    2,517
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by Davan
    But if your contact list is removed from ICQ's servers (ie. from another computer) then on your computer, all your contacts appear as "not in list" and it's a bitch to add them all again. Especially if you have to get authorization...
    If you password lock your account this isn't a problem

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    oreo cookie
    My Ride
    a wrx.
    Posts
    8,022
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by 4wheeldrift


    If you password lock your account this isn't a problem
    That's where "hacking" comes in.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX
    Posts
    2,517
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    REAL hackers don't waste their time dicking around stealing ICQ numbers. Thats not hacking, thats something any script kiddie can manage with a dictionary attack.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    oreo cookie
    My Ride
    a wrx.
    Posts
    8,022
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    You just answered your own question.

Similar Threads

  1. ICQ Number Sound-Off

    By Toms-Celica in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 06-26-2002, 04:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •