Quantcast
Yet, another "ticket" thread. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Yet, another "ticket" thread.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default Yet, another "ticket" thread.

1st off, if you have to flame me, plz do in a polite fashion lol.

Driving 2 blocks away from my house and I see an unmarked CPS vehicle on the corner. Not like it mattered cuz I was going speed limit. Drive passed him and boom, lights go off.

Alright, im' thinking what did I do wrong. He comes to my car and says I was going 60 in a residential area. I asked him "really? I swore I looked at my speedo before that corner and I wasn't going anymore than 52" (I say 52 cuz my needle mighta been 1/10 of a millimeter passed the 50 notch, but it appeared right on it). He then tells me that I need amber reflectors. And that my exhaust is illegal cuz it's larger than stock. Wow, I have an invidia catback exhaust and it might be 3.5-4 inches in diameter at the tip. So he's in his car for almost 20 minutes and writes me 2 tickets.

1. cuz of my clear corners

2. oversized exhaust.

Wow, he doesn't even mention about my supposed "speeding." He didn't even say he'll give me a warning for the speeding. In fact it wasn't even brought up ever since he told me the 1st time. So he basically pulled me over cuz, well, with my guess, I had a modified honda. And to all the people who are going "well your exhaust is loud," it's not loud at all. I could barely notice from the stock sound I had to the invidia sound I currently have.

A friend told me I can fight the oversized exhaust ticket.....i'm just wondering how. Also, clear corners are illegal? Am I able to fight that? I've had those on for such a long tmie and this is the 1st time I've had a ticket like that.
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

clear corners are only illegal if you dont have any other orange reflectors on the front of the vehicle, if you have orange markers in the bumper or whatever then its ok... if not then you're sol.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by Gonthro
    clear corners are only illegal if you dont have any other orange reflectors on the front of the vehicle, if you have orange markers in the bumper or whatever then its ok... if not then you're sol.
    I have the orange markers in my bumper yes. They are my front signal lights =) Do those count? I'm pretty fumed about all this

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?

My Ride
    That Blue Car

i imagine that should be good enough, im no expert but from my expeiences that should be enough... alot of cops just just to be jerks and give you a ticket... even though it'll never stick.. they just hope you are young and uninformed and just pay it.

go talk to the CP and he will likely throw them out.

Any exhaust tip larger than stock CAN be ticketted.

I used CAN because it is really up to the officers discretion.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

You don't need orange reflectors in the corners, a number of cars come factory without that. It should however light up amber in colour during dark hours.
    My mothers 92 Honda Prelude does not have orage reflectors in the corners from factory. The car does however have factory amber bumper/signal indicators that light up amber once turned on.
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Yes that's what I was thinking. Cuz they do go amber when turned on, not like they're white or anything. So in order for me to avoid getting a ticket, i hafta drive with my amber lights on?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

you need amber reflectors in the rear and in the front, clear tailights are indeed illegal, its a valid ticket, as for the exhaust? well ive never had to deal with that so i dont know what to tell you

My Ride
    That Blue Car

i was under the impression that by saying clear corners he meant the front... if you meant the back please ignore what i said.

Just be thankful he didnt give you a speeding ticket, and instead two you can proboly fight

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Um, I don't know where you got the impression I had clear taillights lol. They were clear FRONT corner lights. The lights right beside the headlights. Sry, i'm not that riced out

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by Gonthro
    i was under the impression that by saying clear corners he meant the front... if you meant the back please ignore what i said.
    errr no he said corners.. but even then those are illegal aswell

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Originally posted by Dave P
    Just be thankful he didnt give you a speeding ticket, and instead two you can proboly fight
    That's what got me confused. He pulled me over cuz I apparantly did 60 in a 50 zone. But when he came back to give the tickets it wasn't even mentioned. He wasn't even like "i'll give you a warning about speeding".....NOTHING. Was never brought up

My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by GQNammer

That's what got me confused. He pulled me over cuz I apparantly did 60 in a 50 zone. But when he came back to give the tickets it wasn't even mentioned. He wasn't even like "i'll give you a warning about speeding".....NOTHING. Was never brought up
    he probably just wnated to see if you'd admit to it. or if youw ere paying attention to your speed, and when he couldn't nail you for that he just found other stuff.

My Ride
    89 Fairlady TT, 01 MDX, 02 CBR F4i

The law states that there must be an amber reflector visible on the at least the side of the car. For the rear, there needs to be a red reflector on the back and side of the car. If you were driving at a car like a T bone, you should be able their amber reflector at the front and red at the red, both at the same time. Most car companies will put a amber reflector on the front corner. That way it is visible from the side and front. On new cars, there is no requirement for front reflector because you already have daytime running lights.
    Come visit our new shop!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by Neeper
    The law states that there must be an amber reflector visible on the at least the side of the car. For the rear, there needs to be a red reflector on the back and side of the car. If you were driving at a car like a T bone, you should be able their amber reflector at the front and red at the red, both at the same time. Most car companies will put a amber reflector on the front corner. That way it is visible from the side and front. On new cars, there is no requirement for front reflector because you already have daytime running lights.
    You also need red reflectors on the rear. Even those new SUVs with altezza lights have stick on reflectors below the lights on the bumper.

How much was the reflector ticket anyway? I have clears that light up amber as well.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

The ticket for clear corner was only 57 bux. But still, if I continue to get tickets like that it's just gonna be a waste of time and money. So maybe i'll just put on factory corners or just drive with my lights on all day lol