Quantcast
California Water Blade users ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California Water Blade users ?

Default California Water Blade users ?

Hey

Does anyone use this product ? Works great but FUCK, If I had a $1 for the amount of swirl marks it causes.... DAMN

My car was painted 2 month's ago, PERFECT and now this... Nothing a good polishing cant handle, but damn anyone else have a story ?

I wanna contact these fuck's and tell them its shit...

i havent had a problem with the water blade causing swirl marks...are you sure you are cleaning your car properly?

Originally posted by bigboom
    i havent had a problem with the water blade causing swirl marks...are you sure you are cleaning your car properly?
    I hope that was a joke ? Of Course I clean the car properly, I am anal about a clean car.....LOL

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I like that . and never had a problem ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

How can you get swirl marks from linear motion? If you're using it properly then its something else causing the swirl marks.

Originally posted by 1badPT
    How can you get swirl marks from linear motion? If you're using it properly then its something else causing the swirl marks.

Let me clarify...sorry !!

I have scratch marks in the car in the motion I use the blade, not swirl marks.... Along my hood I have lots of individual marks all the way down.

I dont use those shitty brushes at the car wash, just a rinse, soap and wax.... I wipe the car with the blade and chamois the rest dry.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

if you rub the paint with anything to much of course it is going to take the clearcoat down. you can only make silicone so soft, so don't push down on the blade...just lightly across the surface. I am not sure what kind of car you drive or what kind of paint is on it...but that would have an effect as well.
    Either way, as for polishing it out, I really recommend the meguiars line...all of their compounds are top notch, finish it off with meguiars gold class polish and an orbital and I can pretty much guarentee that you will not be dissapointed. one of the few polishes out there that actually leaves the car feeling nice to the touch.
    the water blade is not designed to actually make the car completely dry, make one pass on any area of the car, don't go over it again or you will scratch. same thing with chamois(shammy, err...whatever)...people seem to think that these things are supposed to leave the car completely dry. They're not, they leave a little bit of moisture still on the paint that will dry off fine. It's the moisture that keeps you from scratching the hell outta your car
    Stuff I learned from being a detailer for a couple years:
    don't wash your car to much, it will wear down the clearcoat
    never use a brush
    use only real wool wash mits if you want to rub the paint(the fake ones aren't as soft)
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by Boosted_TL

I dont use those shitty brushes at the car wash, just a rinse, soap and wax.... I wipe the car with the blade and chamois the rest dry.
    hmm...you might not be getting all the dirt off first. like I said, use a wool wash mit in a bucket of soap once in a while...all the dirt won't come off with just a spray on soap.

Originally posted by Go4Long
    if you rub the paint with anything to much of course it is going to take the clearcoat down. you can only make silicone so soft, so don't push down on the blade...just lightly across the surface. I am not sure what kind of car you drive or what kind of paint is on it...but that would have an effect as well.
    Either way, as for polishing it out, I really recommend the meguiars line...all of their compounds are top notch, finish it off with meguiars gold class polish and an orbital and I can pretty much guarentee that you will not be dissapointed. one of the few polishes out there that actually leaves the car feeling nice to the touch.
    the water blade is not designed to actually make the car completely dry, make one pass on any area of the car, don't go over it again or you will scratch. same thing with chamois(shammy, err...whatever)...people seem to think that these things are supposed to leave the car completely dry. They're not, they leave a little bit of moisture still on the paint that will dry off fine. It's the moisture that keeps you from scratching the hell outta your car
    Stuff I learned from being a detailer for a couple years:
    don't wash your car to much, it will wear down the clearcoat
    never use a brush
    use only real wool wash mits if you want to rub the paint(the fake ones aren't as soft)
    Thanks for the info

My routine is only one swipe with the blade ( not hard ) and then chamois the rest, I would be there for hours trying to get the car completely dry....LOL

Oh well, Out comes the polisher

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

also just a couple more tidbits...not sure how thoroughly(sp) you are drying your car...but if you are doing door jams and the like make sure you do those last, as grease and shit outta those'll mess you up every time...
    every time you use the chamois use the floor mat clips to pin it up and pressure wash the fuck outta it...it'll shorten the life of the chamois I know, but it gets all the oil and dirt and crap off it before you drag it across your paint. same thing though, one pass across any one area and it's done...

every time you use the chamois use the floor mat clips to pin it up and pressure wash the fuck outta it...it'll shorten the life of the chamois I know, but it gets all the oil and dirt and crap off it before you drag it across your paint. same thing though, one pass across any one area and it's done...
    I just wash the chamois by hand in the laundry sink at home. Keeps it in one piece and only takes a couple of minutes.

Another tip is to soak the chamois (and wring it dry) before you go to the car wash. It'll dry your car much better than without a presoak.

Boosted: Yeah you pretty much have to wax more often if you use the blade....put on a fresh coat of wax and see how freakin smooth the blade glides and how it removes water way better...

I use the blade everytime I wash my car and even though my paint is high quality, it'll still leave clear coat scratches that have to be dealt with by waxing....

Good luck

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

using soap? if so bad idea...
    the pressure washer will get it cleaner...I guarentee it...if ya do it you can actually see the dirt running down the wall outta the chamois...trust me...I've done it a couple thousand times

*edit* that was directed at fivefreshfish zorro got in under the wire with my post
    Last edited by Go4Long; 09-21-2004 at 04:13 PM.

using soap? if so bad idea...
    the pressure washer will get it cleaner...I guarentee it...if ya do it you can actually see the dirt running down the wall outta the chamois...trust me...I've done it a couple thousand times

*edit* that was directed at fivefreshfish zorro got in under the wire with my post
    No soap. Makes it too slippery to wring out!

I'll have to try the pressure wash on the chamois the next time.

Yes the pressure-wash-the-chamois-before-use method is the #1 stunna as far as pimp washing methods are concerned.....

My Ride
    Dakota

Make sure the Blade is clean, I've seen people drop them on the ground, then keep drying with them. I used to Detail @ Stampede Lexus & we kept them in buckets of water just to keep the dirt off them. Think about it, it won't scratch unless its dirty, just make sure your car & blade are clean

Thanks for the info guys

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I take one of my wiper blades off at the car wash and use that.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    2009 STi

Yeah definately sounds like the car itself isn't clean fully.
    Grains of sand or even dust will scratch the paint, regardless of what you are using to dry it.

I have one and use it when I am doing quick cleaning of the car. I haven't had a problem with scratching (but then again I usually need to wash my car twice because theres always a small spot or two I miss everytime)

Yeah that does make sense that it would be dirty still and I am just rubbing in the small grains of dirt..... But Damn if $8 - $10 at a coin operated wash doesnt clean it well enough... What will ?? LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast