Quantcast
Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger)

My Ride
    whatever i want

Question Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger)

Hey, I'm going to buy a new car and I can't decide which would be better, the Dodge srt-4 or the new Saturn redline. One turbo charged the other supercharged. The Dodge has more torque and HP but the redline, in opinon looks better and is lighter. What i'm wondering is it better to have a turbo charger or supercharger? any thoughts
    What the F*#k is the internet?

You are going to kick up a storm here....

The Neon will be faster, faster off the line, from a roll. The looks are subjective and are different for everyone.

The Saturn would be better for ease of driving, The suspension is not as hard and the power is more linear as opposed to a turbocharger.

I think they both come in at around 27K.

What are you looking for in a car? If it's straight line speed go for the neon!

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by QuasarCav

The Neon will be faster, faster off the line, from a roll. The looks are subjective and are different for everyone.

The Saturn would be better for ease of driving, The suspension is not as hard and the power is more linear as opposed to a turbocharger.

the SRT can corner very well too you know??...and there is a LOT of support for its suspension...

I say the SRT man...loads of fun...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

the SRT can corner very well too you know??...and there is a LOT of support for its suspension...

I say the SRT man...loads of fun...

I know, I'm just talking right out of the box.

The neon has great FACTORY aftermarket support. You can go from mild to wild and retain your warranty.

I may get flamed but IMO the saturn corners better in stock from.

My vote is for the neon though, better support and crazy power for 27K. Do a search for Phuqu and ACX and check out their dyno charts.

My Ride
    I take the bus and nutswing JDM

they gassed the gearing on the redline, so it's functionally pretty slow.. as reported by SCC. i'm not sure if that is even 14 second (sea level) material..

This is my little biatch in exhaust stage 1 form..

A small turbo, so it isn't all tht laggy.

Drive them both and see which one you like better. You should be able to get a hell of a deal on an SRT4 now..
    Last edited by ACX; 09-27-2004 at 11:02 AM.

06 F250 diesel.
    Saving up for a used shitbox to enhance my cool factor.

My Ride
    whatever i want

Default ok

So we have a more votes for the srt-4, but one of the things i like about the redline is it has a nicer finish and looks more aggressive, however i hear what you guys are saying about the power, i have driven both and while the redline has good power throughout the srt-4 kicks u back in the seat, also i had the redline up around 7000rpm and it kicked out, i'm still not sure as this will be a daily driver, one thing i'm concerned about is the fact that i drive hard all the time and i'm worried i will blow up the turbo in the srt-4, and is it true most turbo engines need to be rebuild at around 160,000 km (give or take)

My Ride

well, you'll need winter tires on both. I doubt you'll blow the turbo up, let it cool and you'll be fine. The motor is plenty beefy. No major issues with them, or the PT turbo (basically the same motor).

I wouldn't call either overly aggressive, or any sport compact for that matter.

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    Sentra

I am not a fan of neons, but definately more of a fan that saturns, imo the neon > redline and it actually looks better too

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

SRT-4

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

sportcompact car tested both and found the neon to be a better handling car
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

the srt-4 looks waaaay better IMHO

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

SRT-4 gets my vote. Hands down.

My Ride
    Pinto

why don't you just NOT get the worst american brands of vehicles there is god neons suck and saturn??????????
    i'd buy a KIA or LADA before a dodge or saturn LOL I really want to start running over neons with my truck
    you obviously can't afford to buy a decent new car so just settle for a used one
    Last edited by zer0; 09-28-2004 at 12:14 AM.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by zer0
    why don't you just NOT get the worst american brands of vehicles there is god neons suck and saturn??????????
    i'd buy a KIA before a dodge or a LADA
    you obviously can't afford to buy a decent new car so just settle for a used one
    and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about

My Ride
    Public Transit

In my opinion, SRT-4 > Saturn Redline (or whatever you call that damn thing.)

Anyways,

the price margin isn't all that much.

If you want a fun, fast, easily modifiable car, I'd definately go for the SRT-4. Turbo applications put out more power and definately gives your driving experience and extra, "OMPH!"

Superchargers, on the other hand, don't yield as much power as turbochargers do. Most superchargers aren't upgradable but that depends on the type of supercharger that is being used.

There are several types of superchargers from Roots type, centrifugal and Eatons type. Different ones yeild different power ranges and some are more prone to heat soaking than others.

I'd defiantely ditch the supercharged vehicle and go turbo. It's the real displacement replacement.

My Ride

i'd buy a KIA or LADA before a dodge or saturn LOL I really want to start running over neons with my truck
    you actually had to edit that response, and it still looks like sh*t . Captain grammar called, you're making him cry.

Anytime you want to start running neons over moron, by all means let me know where I can meet you, and mine will be the first..

You:

Your truck

06 F250 diesel.

Originally posted by ACX

you actually had to edit that response, and it still looks like sh*t . Captain grammar called, you're making him cry.

Anytime you want to start running neons over moron, by all means let me know where I can meet you, and mine will be the first..

You:

Your truck

HAHAHA

Owned

In response to finboy, I always thought the saturn was a better handler. Different magazines, different reviews.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

HAHAHA

Owned

In response to finboy, I always thought the saturn was a better handler. Different magazines, different reviews.
    they said the ion's long wheel base and 4X4 stance really hurt it in the handling department

Ahh I never thought of it that way, Maybe they were saying it was more comfortable where the SRT is tuned for stiffer shocks. I've ridden in a SRT and it wasn't bone jarring but you could feel every tar strip and bump.

But my vote still goes for the Neon. Over 260ft/lbs torque makes me drool. Not to mention MOPAR upgrades and a damn cute front end

My Ride
    whatever i want

man you don't belong in this discussion, why don't you just go shot some beer cans and go and relax in trailer, if anr redneck whitetrash talk comes up i'll let you know

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast