Quantcast
Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger)

My Ride
    whatever i want

Originally posted by zer0
    why don't you just NOT get the worst american brands of vehicles there is god neons suck and saturn??????????
    i'd buy a KIA or LADA before a dodge or saturn LOL I really want to start running over neons with my truck
    you obviously can't afford to buy a decent new car so just settle for a used one
    Hey zero first off i could buy and sell your poor ass and your families. Second if your bring Kia in this then u probably can't even afford a scooter, and you talk about a decent car after talking about a kia, man you don't know your ass from a canoe

My Ride
    whatever i want

Originally posted by ACX
    well, you'll need winter tires on both. I doubt you'll blow the turbo up, let it cool and you'll be fine. The motor is plenty beefy. No major issues with them, or the PT turbo (basically the same motor).

I wouldn't call either overly aggressive, or any sport compact for that matter.
    Hey acx don't you own an srt-4

My Ride
    I take the bus and nutswing JDM

sure do dude. A silver one.. I don't think it's all that aggressive looking though.. Take a redline for a test drive and we'll do a comparo..

06 F250 diesel.
    Saving up for a used shitbox to enhance my cool factor.

Originally posted by ACX
    sure do dude. A silver one.. I don't think it's all that aggressive looking though.. Take a redline for a test drive and we'll do a comparo..

I would say it's pretty agressive. A regular SX(neon) looks like a pussycat compared to a SRT.

Do you do any shopping around before you bought it?

My Ride

Originally posted by QuasarCav

I would say it's pretty agressive. A regular SX(neon) looks like a pussycat compared to a SRT.

Do you do any shopping around before you bought it?
    Indeed, I like how it looks, but I'm not one to parade that around, all subjective I guess.

Shopping aroung. No. I had been following the car since it was a concept, and had a supercharger. I'm not a sport compact guy by nature at all, at the time I had a 2000 Mustang GT, bolted on. I knew the SRT would basically own for off the shelf performance, and thought it would be fun.

I was (and still am) in the market for a Cobra mustang, however then I was travelling and now, for the time, I have an Acura TL as well so buying a 47000 car to drive only a few times a week is not something I'm into.

When I bought it last year, there were none to be found - I knew I'd need to get one from production. I went to 3 dealers..

Crowfoot dodge: the guy told me he would give me a smoking deal, 30 grand plus taxes, etc, and he'd take my stang off me, despite the fact that it needed work (the car was beyond immaculate). I walked.

Varsity Chrysler: I left when the guy there told me it would run 11s in the QM.

Renfrew Chrysler: I rolled up, talked with the salesman for 10 minutes, and had a silver one on order.

16,000kms, no issues besides plenty of fun. Cheap parts from great dealers and yeah, that's that.

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    '89 Silvia, '02 Xterra

you got my vote for the SRT-4, rode in one once and wanted more ever since!

CA18DET Powered S13

I d have to say i dont like saturns, and dont buy an srt-4, was too lazy to read the hole thread, but i subscribe to Sport Compact Car and they have a Project Focus running 8.5psi of boost as opposed to the SRT-4's 15psi. SRT-4 has a big 2.4 litres , and focus has 2 litres. I'll give u the details of what they did to it for that power by the way it got up to 245 hp, 223lb-ft torque. by the way the price after all this was 24,053, of course SRT-4 is cheaper at 20,995, these are in american dollars i think. Just maybe something to dwell on.
    Last edited by SkylineAdmirer; 09-28-2004 at 07:00 PM.
    Originally posted by cavb0i
    get a real car. get a cavalier. all i gotta say. cavs r reliable nd if u got some xtra $$ put on a body kit help downforse nd keep u sturdy on the road nd look good. not all fugly nd slow like a mistubishi car or nissan. hondas r good tho i m not antimport. do ur self a fauor a get a real car!all i gotta say.
    ^^Funniest thing ive evr herd^^

My Ride
    Jeep

Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer
    I d have to say i dont like saturns, and dont buy an srt-4, was too lazy to read the hole thread, but i subscribe to Sport Compact Car and they have a Project Focus running 8.5psi of boost as opposed to the SRT-4's 15psi. SRT-4 has a big 2.4 litres , and focus has 2 litres. I'll give u the details of what they did to it for that power by the way it got up to 245 hp, 223lb-ft torque. by the way the price after all this was 24,053, of course SRT-4 is cheaper at 20,995, these are in american dollars i think. Just maybe something to dwell on.
    You are a complete RICETARD. Read the article again, AFTER you take a lesson on how a motor works.

The SRT-4 has 8:1 compression, the SVT Focus has what 10:1? Do you understand how compression affects the amount of power an engine makes?
    The SRT-4 has a tiny turbo, their SVT Focus has a larger one. Do you understand the difference between VOLUME and PSI?
    The SRT-4 makes A LOT more torque, the SVT motor revs higher, thus more horsepower. You understand the relationship between horsepower and RPM don't you?
    The SRT-4 has a GODDAMN WARRANTY, a self built turbo SVT Focus does not.
    The SRT-4 is still sold. The SVT Focus is not.

I'm not by nature an asshole so sorry if I sound like one, but you are SO DAMN MISGUIDED it's not even funny. Maybe you should put you SCC magazine down and read an introductory engine design booklet. Then you can understand WHY THINGS are the way they are.

Thanks for your insight though.

BTW, neither car is perfect. I'd take the SRT-4 anytime.
    Last edited by JCX; 09-28-2004 at 08:38 PM.

My Ride

well, JCX did a pretty good job of owning you, we'll recap, my 250whp and 280wtq with the remainder of a 7 year warranty with a grand canadian in mods > Ticking timebomb of that extinct focus

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

Perhaps its just the fact I'm fucking tired and misunderstood something but....What are you trying to say here? Buy a Focus, turbocharge it, spend MORE money on it then on the Neon, have LESS horsepower, LESS boost, SMALLER engine and NO warranty ?

Where did you go to school?
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i've been trying to avoid saying it for the last couple days, but you REALLY don't know what you are talking about.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Yea sorry for that post... wasnt in the right uhh how do i say this, state of mind when i rote it, and yes its totally fucked in many ways.
    get a real car. get a cavalier. all i gotta say. cavs r reliable nd if u got some xtra $$ put on a body kit help downforse nd keep u sturdy on the road nd look good. not all fugly nd slow like a mistubishi car or nissan. hondas r good tho i m not antimport. do ur self a fauor a get a real car!all i gotta say.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

how old are you?

Is there a set age to get stoned or something?

My Ride

Originally posted by zer0
    ACX.. is that actually you and your friends in your sig?
    shit no dude, I'm 30

I found the pic somewhere and after laughing my ass off, pinched it..

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    Pinto

lol ok i was going to have make fun of you

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Is there a set age to get stoned or something?
    trying to explain your reasoning, how old?

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

Originally posted by ACX

shit no dude, I'm 30

Tell him the truth.

He's 19. And about 290.

My Ride

Bs I'm 30 and 200...

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

I'm glad you have a Sunroof for that big head of yours. I don't think you would fit in the Dedline.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast