Quantcast
Groupbuy: iPod Minis - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupbuy: iPod Minis

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 10:09 PM.

If its Canada Post.. then yes.. it will take 3 weeks to get here.. if you used an express courier.. it would get here at the time they stated.

Why would they ship 300 ipod mini's by post rather than courier?

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by R-Audi
    K guys, just heard back fro the distributor today, and she said that in a few days, she will have the EXACT delivery date, and apologized again for the tardyness of the shipment!

(I know this isnt the news you were hoping to hear, but it is getting better!!)

Mark
    So its been a few days now, any word?

My Ride
    Nothing ATM

shit i just ordered something through ups
    ohhh man this isnt gonna be good!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

no works to either mark or my self im just waiting to see what the distributor tells us!!!!!

FUCK

My Ride

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    no works to either mark or my self im just waiting to see what the distributor tells us!!!!!

FUCK
    well lets hope they give us some clue about what's going on.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

duno if this has much to do about anything

someone at rundle (private school) was offering ipod minis at $220 including shipping and gst....that sale thing never went thru cuz apparently there were too many shipping issues wit apple...so yea i don't kno if this group buy is happening the same way but if it is...shipping is gona b really shitty to deal with...u guyes better b hoping to get it b4 xmas...

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

My Ride

7thgen or R Audi can you guys hopefully tell us a little more detail about our shipment by midweek?

Like which shipping company its being delivered by, or a tracking number, and perhaps if it even has been shipped from the Mac factory yet?

Thanks guys.

My Ride
    Nothing ATM

FOR EVERYONE WHO ORDERED ONE

If they shipment was sent through UPS and was shipped out before yesterday or the day before they will arrive eventually if they have still not been shipped out you wont be getting them until the UPS strike is over which no body knows how long it will be.

If it was shipped with any other postal service it should come through.

My Ride
    '05 ACURA TL

Default Shipping details

I think it is essential that R-Audi and 7thgen produce to all that ordered Ipod's the delivery company name given the apparent UPS strike. We are all a little frustrated with the situation but most of the frustration is from not knowing enough information about the holdup of the order and the company of delivery. For myself I will definiatly ask for my money back if it has been delivered by UPS or if nothing has come in by friday.

R-Audi and 7thgen keep the updates coming as I know most of us waiting for a unit are checking back on beyond on a daily basis.

Thanks

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

For myself (and probably most other people), the issue has not been so much the length of time (as it has only been a little over a month), it is that this has taken substantially longer than originally advertised.

Your supplier should have said 4-6 weeks (for example) to you, and then you guys said 6 weeks to us. That way, people's expectations would have been set from the beginning. For future GB's (or business in general), always try to underpromise and overdeliver. That way, you look like a hero.

Anyways, given that this has gone through some substantial delays, your supplier really needs to provide us with some concrete information. I would rather know they screwed up with the shipping dates and it give us a new timeline than continue to get delayed with vague comments and promises. For all we know, the Ipod's haven't even been ordered yet and your supplier is waiting for enough orders to come in to hit a certain target number to get us this price. Again, I would rather know this than continue to wonder if we all just got ripped off.

For my part, I'm willing to wait a few more weeks. However, as I'm planning on mine being a Christmas gift, if it gets to be too late into December, I will need to get a refund to give me enough time to find something else.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    E30325is

ok listen up, its not their fault, they are having shipping problems, they only know, what they have told you, and you will get them asap

My Ride
    TRD Pro

OK guys, here is the most recent email I got from her, in entirity.

"The end of the month as expected. We have ordered a container load of iPods, no postal service can handle this amount of goods. They are coming in to the country the same way most products that supply stores shelves do. I am meeting with my supplier tomorrow for lunch, so I should have a better
    idea then.

Niki

I know this still leaves a vaguew discription with shiiping, but Hopefully the supplier will have something good to say tommorow!

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

I think everyone here understands the shipping delays are not their fault. However, there are things that could have been done differently by them to improve the overall process. For example, when they were told 2-4 weeks for shipping (I think), they could have come back to us and just said 4 weeks for shipping. This wouldn't have stopped me from buying and based on that schedule, we would only be 10 days late right now. When they submittted our funds to the supplier, they could have gotten a copy of the supplier's purchase order with Apple. This would have dealt with any concerns regarding the shipping timeframe (as this is usually included in the purchase order), and any concerns regarding the honesty (if that is the right word) of the supplier. I didn't mean my post to be any form of attack or criticism of R-Audi and 7thgen. They are both stand-up guys and have agreed to stand behind the GB (even though there was little to gain from it on their part). However, I know they are both young and just wanted to provide them with a bit of a business advice on ways to deal with both the current and future GB's.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

... no postal service can handle this amount of goods. They are coming in to the country the same way most products that supply stores shelves do.
    That's a rather vague and round-about way of saying they are being shipped by courier.

My Ride
    '05 ACURA TL

OK guys, here is the most recent email I got from her, in entirity.

"The end of the month as expected. We have ordered a container load of iPods, no postal service can handle this amount of goods. They are coming in to the country the same way most products that supply stores shelves do. I am meeting with my supplier tomorrow for lunch, so I should have a better
    idea then.

Niki

I know this still leaves a vaguew discription with shiiping, but Hopefully the supplier will have something good to say tommorow!

Thank You R-Audi for the update!! much appreciated I look forward to the days ahead!

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

Originally posted by phoomp

That's a rather vague and round-about way of saying they are being shipped by courier.
    Actually, it isn't being shipped courier. They have been loaded into a 40 ft. container and put on a boat. That is how most products are shipped.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Hey Guys,
    Glad to see most are still fine with this, again thank-you. All we can go on is the information provided fro the distributor. In all fairness talking to her, shwe had no idea it would take som long to get here either, hence her cancelling the next order, as getting Christmas presents late is far worse then a November present
    Anyways, I will keep everyone updated, please hang in there!

ORocky m20, Im not that young, 24 and graduating from Uni in December....a Business student at that.\

PS I CAN"T ORDER ANYMORE!!!! I still get pm's every second day!
    There *may* be extras ordered, but nothing is concrete untill they are in my hands! (And I believe they are all Silver)

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast