Quantcast
Have christmas traditions changed? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Have christmas traditions changed?

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Default Have christmas traditions changed?

Hey guys, I'm doing an article for my news writing class on whether or not christmas traditions have changed over the years. Do you think they have? Have yours changed since you were a kid? If so, how?

Thanks guys!

Melinda

PS. I need names and stuff so I can quote some of you guys so if you wanna post your info as well, that'd be great!
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

10 years ago stores would only bring out christmas stuff during December... now a days it seems like its competition to get my money so christmas items are out like when september is just started...

My Ride
    Bus Route 104

Well i think everyone would agree that Christmas changed from everyone celebrating Jesus' birth to most people thinking its about getting presence.

I think personally that Christmas hasn't changed much in my family. We still celebrate it the "right" way which is go to church at 12:00am on the 25th and go home. Eat a very late supper, open presence and then go to bed at like 5:00am.

I wish not to tell you my name. Good luck on the survey!

~Nicolas

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

I also think that the True meaning behind Christmas has kind of been lost....It seems like its all about the lights and the presents etc.. nowadays. I'm not very Religious at all (although my Dad is), so it almost dosnt seem right to even celebrate Christmas.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Thanks guys! You're being a huge help! James, whats your last name? (assuming your first name is James) PM it to me if you want. I wanna use your saying as a quote.

Melinda

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride

u have pm.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    Honda

Family traditions only change as much as you let them. Some things need work to keep running.

My Ride
    GTI

Being Finnish our traditions are a little different from those in North America, we actually have our christmas dinner on christmas eve, then open presents directly afterwards, no waiting for morning.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Christmas has become monopolized by corporations as another excuse to sell out their newest products. As a family we celebrate it together by having a Christmas brunch (lately we've spent it away from home at our place in B.C.) open gifts, and then playing games and watching movies together. Christmas around our house hasn't changed much, but it has changed a lot on the retail industry. Christmas decorations were already being put up in the malls right after halloween!

Many people (especially younger kids) now think Christmas is just about Santa and presents, the true meaning of Christmas is slowly being forgotten by some.

My group of friends and I are actually sponsoring a less fortunate family this year. We are all very fortunate and we realize this. We decided it would be great to share this experience with a family that otherwise wouldn't be able to. Afterall, Tis the season for giving

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Aww Trev, I couldn't agree with you more. Congrats on the family you're sponsoring, I've done it before and it's awesome...good for you!

Hey, pm me your full name, I wanna use some of your info for my story...very good info there!

Melinda

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Being Finnish our traditions are a little different from those in North America, we actually have our christmas dinner on christmas eve, then open presents directly afterwards, no waiting for morning.
    Haha, me too. Guess it's a European thing...
    We only open our presents from eachother after supper tho, then in the morning we open presents from 'santa'.

My Ride

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    . As a family we celebrate it together by having a Christmas brunch (lately we've spent it away from home at our place in B.C.) open gifts, and then playing games and watching movies together. Christmas around our house hasn't changed much,
    Dont forget filming it all! ......those were some of the funniest home video's ive ever seen!

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by James

Dont forget filming it all! ......those were some of the funniest home video's ive ever seen!
    Bastard! I haven't even seen these! I don't even remember the last time someone broke out our video camera

My Ride

Bastard! I haven't even seen these! I don't even remember the last time someone broke out our video camera
    Oh they were OLD, you would have probably been 5-8 funny stuff..... Little chief running around like an normal stupid 3 year old

before everyone had the real life christmas trees.
    now most people have artifical trees.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Oh they were OLD, you would have probably been 5-8 funny stuff..... Little chief running around like an normal stupid 3 year old
    I should try and find those...And little cheif now runs around like a stupid 17 y/o nothings changed!

My Ride

I should try and find those...And little cheif now runs around like a stupid 17 y/o nothings changed!
    except now she's "Big Cheif" lol

My Ride
    BMW E70

except now she's "Big Cheif" lol
    so true...Little Cheif is actually what I call the dog now