Quantcast
Prelude to the "Schumacher Chop" - MS's first championship - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prelude to the "Schumacher Chop" - MS's first championship

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Prelude to the "Schumacher Chop" - MS's first championship

Ahh... the good old 1994 F1 season. Senna died, and MS was the new young blood ready to fill his shoes. Schumacher led Damon Hill by only 1 point, and needed to be in front of Damon Hill to win... or take him out!

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/schumacher94.wmv

The dispute during the offseason went both ways. In the footage, after nailing the wall, MS clearly looked at the mirror, saw hill, jerked his damaged car right 3 times. First time was natural reaction because there was someone there, second time his bodywork hit Hill's front wheel (no damage to hill), third time his rear wheel went over his front, bending a suspension arm on Hill's car, which took him out.

But then again, Hill should've waited for a better opportunity, even though MS was really crawling around the course seemingly waiting for him to make the move.

In 1997, under similar circumstances, MS pulled the exact same stunt after being warned because he was getting popular for such a move. This time, Villeneuve's car survived with a hole in the body, and MS lost his points for 1997 (a dumb punishment IMO).

Just a history lesson for you young F1 fans .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

i remeber the move he pulled against JV, just sick! thast y i hate him sooo much

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well you must hate Senna too, him and Prost collided a few times .
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2
    Well you must hate Senna too, him and Prost collided a few times .
    ya but did they cheap out each other so they can win the champ? i dont tink so....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    ya but did they cheap out each other so they can win the champ? i dont tink so....
    haha yes they did .

1989 Prost closed the door on Senna in Suzuka. Senna was able to continue and thought he'd won the championship, but was DQ'd because during that collision, he "missed the chicane". Stupid ruling.

1990, Senna got revenge, he led the championship, and just drove straight into prost turn 1 at the start. He even admitted to doing it on purpose to win the championship, and revenge for 89.

F1 drama rules hehe.

My Ride

haha yes they did .

1989 Prost closed the door on Senna in Suzuka. Senna was able to continue and thought he'd won the championship, but was DQ'd because during that collision, he "missed the chicane". Stupid ruling.

1990, Senna got revenge, he led the championship, and just drove straight into prost turn 1 at the start. He even admitted to doing it on purpose to win the championship, and revenge for 89.

F1 drama rules hehe.
    lol, i was 4 wayyy back when... lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You should buy some old F1 DVD's. Really, F1 used to be much more exciting than it is today. On and off track drama, down to the wire racing, and crazy personalities.

My Ride

You should buy some old F1 DVD's. Really, F1 used to be much more exciting than it is today. On and off track drama, down to the wire racing, and crazy personalities.
    got any lying around or recommandations, i try to watch f1 decade on speed, but it always shows when im at work or sometihng??? and do u have the spa race on dvd for this year??!!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Duke video has the only F1 year in review videos from the 70's to today in VHS. They're starting to do them in DVD's now, I think they're up to 1979. By next year you should be able to get 'em all up to current.

that's just a little rubbin' there. And rubbin' is racin'

Saw the crash again on Speed TV... Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last watched the crash... it seems just like yesterday. Hill was a little too anxious to get pass BUT I don't think he knew Schumacher hit the wall (and possibly damaged his car as a result)... so he wanted to get pass at every opportunity. Schumacher shut the door knowing that, even if his car was undamaged, it would be hard for him to re-overtake Hill.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BigMass
    that's just a little rubbin' there. And rubbin' is racin'
    Schumacher Lover!

Doing it once in 94 was fine... but doing it again in 97 was retarded.

My Ride
    335i

Shumacher's a bitch. But he's still the best
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Shumacher's a bitch. But he's still the best

BOOOO
    may be rage should re-educate these kids again... lol jk

Senna was my favourite of all time and maybe the best, but you cant fuck with schumachers domination over the last 10 years.

Say what you want about him being on the best team, and having the best car but he still has proven himself over and over. there has been no driver in recent years to even contend with him.

Oh and i like villenueve too but he just has not had a good opportunity to do well

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

BOOOO
    may be rage should re-educate these kids again... lol jk
    No, he really is the best. There is no one on the track that has EVER dominated the sport like Shumacher. The team, the driver, and the car all contribute equal portions to a winning drive, but Shumacher is undoubtedly the best that has ever hit the track.

*Zips up the flame suit...here come the oldies*
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

"The Schumacher Team", as I call it, is probably the most dominate team in F1 ever. That I can agree on. You have to remember, Schumacher was doing OK, mediocre, when first picked by Benneton. In 94, when the team put together a competitive package, he won the championship, after getting busted for cheating of course (the refuelling rig modification saved them pitstop time, but they got busted when it nearly blew up), and in suspicious circumstances (see the 1st post in this thread).

See, here's where the confusion lies. Schumacher went to Ferrari and after a few years, began to dominate the sport. What a lot of people don't realize is that the Ferrari technical team is basically everyone from the Benneton team. Schumacher brought the entire team along from Benneton and basically rebadged themselves as Ferrari. With the greatest F1 engineering team, they turned Ferrari into a winning team, then a team of pure dominance. Schumacher was there and suckered all you guys into thinking he was such a god.

Schumacher alone, without all his people, can't win championships like he does. If he can, he would've won the first year in Ferrari, instead of saying after his first race for them "We will not win the championship for 3 years". The Ferrari wasn't all that bad, hell he won a race here and there straight from joining, but what he didn't have was a dominating mechanical package, which makes the Schumacher image look so impressive.

We'll never know how good a driver MS is. Ferrari is run by all his buddies, so don't expect them to bring in a top driver to be his teammate. Even if they did, MS will still get all the technical support, and whoever's #2 will stay #2.

Unless we see MS and someone else treated as equals in the same mechanical package, there's no way in hell that I'd say he's the driving god that some of u guys think he is. This has never happened and probably never will.

A better way to look at it, compare Barichello's performance. He's not known as a driving god, yet his performance is damn close to MS's over the last few years.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

the schumaker chop is not unique to F1 .. he used it to take out Mika Hakkinen in F3000 to win the championship.
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

Out of curiosity Rage, which driver on the track do you think to be the best? JPM? Button?
    A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip.
    - Raoul S. Duke

I dont know how anyone could deny that Michael is the best driver. I admit that no way he would have the results he does if it wasnt also for his car and team. But given equal cars, i believe Michael would still win the drivers championship. He is above everyone in terms of both natural skill and intelligence. At least that's my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast