Quantcast
Edmonton Based Forum? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Edmonton Based Forum?

My Ride
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC

Default Edmonton Based Forum?

Hey guys I love this forum but it sees like everyone here is from Calgary and there's only like 2 Edmonton people, I was just wondering if anyone knows a good Edmonton Car Based forum?

780tuners.com but its not that good IMO.

yea, beyonds a lot better

My Ride
    GS 400 -> Sold!!

780 ?? I don't want to use the words "sucks" or "Crap" .. but then don't know what should I say ..

Say with Beyond !

My Ride
    Highlander

780 isn't bad guys, there are lots of nice people there, it's an active forum, they talk about alot of the same stuff as we do here, they have weekly meets ect...what's so bad about it?

It's nowhere near active as Beyond is. The amount of new posts that we get in one day here is equal to like 1 month on 780.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Melinda
    780 isn't bad guys, there are lots of nice people there, it's an active forum, they talk about alot of the same stuff as we do here, they have weekly meets ect...what's so bad about it?
    u made a type mel, i think u meant Rice when u typed Nice.

haha seriously, "rice" is the first word that comes to mind when someone mentions that forum. the second word is "lamemeetswithgrandamsflossinunderglowandjbodythuggas"

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

u made a type mel, i think u meant Rice when u typed Nice.

haha seriously, "rice" is the first word that comes to mind when someone mentions that forum. the second word is "lamemeetswithgrandamsflossinunderglowandjbodythuggas"
    "Rice" people Jeff?

Not every forum can be as active as beyond. Actually, 99% of the forums out there arent as active as beyond but he's looking for an edmonton based forum and 780 is really not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

If everyone stayed away from it, how would it get better, grow bigger and evolve into something you guys can call "cool"?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Melinda

"Rice" people Jeff?

Not every forum can be as active as beyond. Actually, 99% of the forums out there arent as active as beyond but he's looking for an edmonton based forum and 780 is really not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

If everyone stayed away from it, how would it get better, grow bigger and evolve into something you guys can call "cool"?
    heh mel its just my own opinion, i didnt mean to mock your post. ive met a few cool people off 780 (i can count 4 people to be precise) but stopped attending their meets because of the heat it attracts and the abundance of rice and i also rarely frequent the forum cuz of a lack of reliable tech info.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

It's not *that* bad. There are less posts, but a higher percentage of car related posts. The moderators are a litttle heavy handed sometimes, and let some blatant stuff go unnoticed. It's great reading with my morning coffee. Right now there is a nice little flame war between V8slayer and THE ONE. Oh man that's some funny reading!

If you want a local board though, it's the only game in town. Maybe Beyond.ca should become an Alberta based board with a section for Edmonton.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by JustinL
    It's not *that* bad. There are less posts, but a higher percentage of car related posts. The moderators are a litttle heavy handed sometimes, and let some blatant stuff go unnoticed. It's great reading with my morning coffee. Right now there is a nice little flame war between V8slayer and THE ONE. Oh man that's some funny reading!

If you want a local board though, it's the only game in town. Maybe Beyond.ca should become an Alberta based board with a section for Edmonton.
    hmm i also read a ton of ez bashing posts and there are often stupid threads where 90% of ppl post incorrect info and whatnot.

anyway beyond isnt completely calgary specific...lota edmontonian
    s here