Quantcast
Moderators... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderators...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Default Moderators...

If this gets me banned so be it...

But...I feel that the behaviour of a few of the mods in the Ask Leo section of beyond has gone too far...

Its one thing to have a lil fun, and goof off, but to constantly allow the making fun of a certain group of users on the forum IMO is wrong...I mean, isn't that what the mods are there to put a stop to??

YES, I know that the Moderators have a HUGE job on here (I am a Moderator on the Calgary DSM Boards, so I am aware of the effort put in)...making sure its clean, and no one gets hurt...I also know that as a Moderator, you have friendships and alliances with people on the forums and that because of those it makes it even harder to stay nuetral and objective...

But it still boils down to this...you were chosen to be Mods/Admin for whatever reasons, you wanted to, friendships, no one else wanted to...whatever the reason...I am just asking to keep it professional...I mean as much as possible...yes, I participated in the threads in Ask Leo...and yes they were fun...and I KNOW that utlimately, it takes a lot for someone to get banned unless they are TOTALLY coming out of left field, and the "instant" bans I agree with...for the most part...

All in all I just feel that the last few poll threads in Ask Leo convey Beyond in a poor light...and I would like to know what others think, or feel about the same thing...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    VE & S13

u got owned?

hm....have to agree with CycloneAWD about the last few poll threads both made by Toms-SC going over board

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

CycloneAWD:

i know what you mean, and to be honest, im really not picking on him (if thats what u think). I have made a thread in the mod section looking to get him banned almost a month before all that poll and stuff. I gave him a warning as well after that thread was made.

I have been checking his posts ever since and no improve what so ever. I wont lie to you that the poll thread had pushed me to ban him at last.

note to everyone that this guy has been banned for 4 times on this board. And no i have no idea why or when he was banned before, just that i really think that he should learn a lesson to stay away from a place that he's unwanted.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Moderators...

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

But...I feel that the behaviour of a few of the mods in the Ask Leo section of beyond has gone too far...

Its one thing to have a lil fun, and goof off, but to constantly allow the making fun of a certain group of users on the forum IMO is wrong...I mean, isn't that what the mods are there to put a stop to??

YES, I know that the Moderators have a HUGE job on here (I am a Moderator on the Calgary DSM Boards, so I am aware of the effort put in)...making sure its clean, and no one gets hurt...I also know that as a Moderator, you have friendships and alliances with people on the forums and that because of those it makes it even harder to stay nuetral and objective...

But it still boils down to this...you were chosen to be Mods/Admin for whatever reasons, you wanted to, friendships, no one else wanted to...whatever the reason...I am just asking to keep it professional...I mean as much as possible...yes, I participated in the threads in Ask Leo...and yes they were fun...and I KNOW that utlimately, it takes a lot for someone to get banned unless they are TOTALLY coming out of left field, and the "instant" bans I agree with...for the most part...

All in all I just feel that the last few poll threads in Ask Leo convey Beyond in a poor light...and I would like to know what others think, or feel about the same thing...
    what u say is true, but really, is it the fault of the mods for allowing ppl like neemo and kid_a to be flamed over and over....or is it the fault of the individuals themselves?

(thats a rhetorical question, of course its the fault of the annoying individual)

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Re: Re: Moderators...

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    what u say is true, but really, is it the fault of the mods for allowing ppl like neemo and kid_a to be flamed over and over....or is it the fault of the individuals themselves?

(thats a rhetorical question, of course its the fault of the annoying individual)

i think the mods did their job getting rid of kid a, he was warned, and banned on many occasions, and still insisted on breaking forum rules.

c'mon arif, we all know you were part of a group bashing as well when spencer was here
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Default Re: Re: Re: Moderators...

Originally posted by finboy
    c'mon arif, we all know you were part of a group bashing as well when spencer was here

Adam, yes I was...I will not deny that...but for mods to jump into the fray and flame and bash away...I feel thats wrong...as they IMO should try to maintain as much composure and neutrality as possible...

It's one of the MANY double standards we have on the forums...but it exists nonetheless...
    ...@therealarifjina...

hehe, i need to browse "ask leo" more often

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Anything goes in Ask Leo.

lam-boy Guest

and hes back!

My Ride
    O.P.P.

But...I feel that the behaviour of a few of the mods in the Ask Leo section of beyond has gone too far... *snipped*

"Eestop crying, wibe your face!"

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

i've been banned 3 times and look at me now! a loved beyond member! thanks al! hahah

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    i've been banned 3 times and look at me now! a loved beyond member! thanks al! hahah
    no one like joo nicklick! PW3nDZ0rd

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Pretty god damn lame that I didn't get my account back, my case was VERY solid in favor of getting it back, I have no idea why it didn't happen. Whoever's decision it was to keep my kid_a account banned, I'd like to talk to them and show them how they are dead wrong in that decision,

msn: [email protected]
    email: [email protected]

You know you've made some good moderator decisions when crap like this happens, and the moderators themselves are even in on the making fun of some of the members, bravo mods, keep up the good work

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Kid_a aka Quadraban dont you get the point your not liked? most people figure it out after the first ban but you keep commin back

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ask Leo is mostly unmoderated... pretty much anything goes, the mods don't care what's in there as long as it's not illegal, or horribly disgusting. We ignore most complaints in Ask Leo, except if there's someone flooding the forums with stupid stuff, whoring all the threads, or just generally annoying behavior. Threads in there don't even come up in searches, and you have to actively go in there yourself to read it. If you don't like it, don't read it, that simple.

What did I miss anyways? I haven't read in there recently.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

i think it was a thread voting for the most hated person on beyond and in the end some guy that was on the poll got banned.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's happened before. People can get banned for annoying reasons, even in Ask Leo.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

well IMO he deserved it, the guy had some huge spaz in ask leo and proir he posted alot of usless stuff....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast