Quantcast
best engine for a 94 teg - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best engine for a 94 teg

My Ride
    Lariat

Default best engine for a 94 teg

what would be the best bet for an engine swap into my 94 teg, i was thinking either a b18c5(type r) or maybe a h22a(prelude) engine, which would be best or are there other bettter options, thanks
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    TYPE L

b18c5(type r)

B18C5 for sure.

why not h22?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by import_azn
    why not h22?
    hard to fit, different mount perhars

My Ride
    Noodle

if money's an issue, you may want to go with the b18c1, cheaper, and easier to get than a b18c5 and only like 10 less hp, but if you got money to burn and don't need your car then go with the b18c5

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

B18c5 over H22 because the H will throw off the balance of the integra, unless youre wanting to build a quick straight car

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    vsm ej8

save your money and go jdm b18c and slap on a s/c

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by shadowz
    B18c5 over H22 because the H will throw off the balance of the integra, unless youre wanting to build a quick straight car
    ther integra was built as a track handler, so i would have to agree with the B18C5, if you wanted a drag Honda then I would say ditch the Teg and get a EG6 and then trow in a modded H22

My Ride
    AE86

LoL. Stop sending him in the wrong direction always go for a gsr over a type r any day. Simple reason the 2000 you save you can invest on cams, pistons, rods , and a real header etc . A good set of higher compression pistons and some fuel management would allow you to smoke that type r hands down. OH and a flywheel is always a good way to free up more power on a gsr engine.

Originally posted by kolumbo69
    LoL. Stop sending him in the wrong direction always go for a gsr over a type r any day. Simple reason the 2000 you save you can invest on cams, pistons, rods , and a real header etc . A good set of higher compression pistons and some fuel management would allow you to smoke that type r hands down. OH and a flywheel is always a good way to free up more power on a gsr engine.
    There is no way in hell you can buy all that shit for $2000
    I will go for Type R any given days. high comp, the head already port & polished w/ Type R cam. Ported Intake manifold and bigger throttle body, lighter flywheel. If you are getting the JDM 98 Spec you already have a good header and 210 HP. also not to mention LSD and JDM final drive

unless you have a big budget and would like to stay NA then I will buy a CRV block, rebuild w/ high comp pistion, Vtec head port & polished w/ crower valve train and some good cam and Spoon headgasket, Skunk intake manifold and Hondata for fuel management

My Ride
    ghfgh

h22 owns the hype-R

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Not to knock the ITR or gsr guys here but I've driven a couple integras and wasn't really impressed with the powerband, little too high strung for my tastes, not enough torque. I tend to strongly disagree with the idea that an h22/h23 in anything but a Prelude (E or J-spec accord too) will make the car handle like crap. First of all, if you're going to be racing it on a road course suspension upgrades would be a good idea for any car, so couldnt balance be tuned to the desire level then? Nothing wrong with going bigblock honda IMO
    Last edited by Primer_Drift; 10-21-2004 at 12:45 AM.

My Ride
    ghfgh

dude, people who put h22s in CRXs dont even notice a difference in handling.

My Ride
    TYPE L

IF you put a H22 into an integra and then put a b18c5 into one.... leave them stock in terms of suspension.NOw take them both to a road course/track and see which one gets owned.

ITR motor is a bolt in fast swap. Its plug and play. Will utilize all existing engine bay parts.

H22 will require of addtional parts and modifications for you to drop it in. IF you want to maintain your accesories such as power steering and AC you will have to mix/match or make new brackets so taht you can bolt on the pumps for both options.

Time=money, if you factor the amount of time and money spent on doing the h22 swap (buying new mounts and brackets)its not worth it, too many headaches looking for parts.

However i must agree with Primer_drift, the torque is nice with an H22 and you could tune the suspension to where it would handle like a dream, but you will have to play with it ALOT and spend more money if you need to tweek it just right.

But to each their own...... i thought between the choices it would be fairly obvious which one he should do.

Save yourself the trouble of buying a new motor and turbocharge your stock motor.

300 turbocharged WHP on stock motor > 200 WHP out of a modded ITR swap

My Ride
    95 GSR

def go with the b18c5 over the h22....the install will be so much easier and you will save a huge amount of money....also it would take a lot more than a simple 2 grand to give a b18c1 more hp than the c5....first off the the c1 has only 170 hp and the c5 makes 195....that's over 20hp....i believe someone said it's only 10, however, the b18c1 does have great potential but it'll cost more than 2 grand to get some nice civic type r pistons, racing cams, and everything else mentioned....not to mention that it'll idle like absolute crap and would most likely be less reliable than the c5....if u have the money go with the c5 and try to get the full tranny with it cuz the final drive ratio and the lsd can't be beat

My Ride
    Wristshots

Originally posted by shadowz
    ...and the b18c5 would be cheaper in the end.(someone correct me).

My Ride
    AE86

I think i will take back what i said about what to build i give you the best knowledge i have about it.
    1.) find out what you real budget is, what really can be afforded
    2.) based on that talk to as many people as you can go on as many forums such as hondaswap, honda-tech and here.doing that will inform of as many different setups as possible.
    3.) list out the things that you want out of it cause a new engine rules but with out stopping power, and good cornering fun can lack
    4.) then start building and have fun

I only say this cause im tired of talking about whats the best setup etc etc. Its all based on the individual and how much time, ability and money in the end. So until you can list a group of things your looking for and a hp, tq figure its hard for us to say whats best.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Exactly. What do you want out of the car? Do you want a straight line car? Then do the H22.

Do you want a track car, or an exceptional handler? Then go with the B18.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast