Quantcast
Presidential Debates - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Presidential Debates

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Default Presidential Debates

Holy crap, I've been watching the last 2 debates and the more I watch, the more I see how big of a moron Bush is. I've never seen a president so blank in the eyes before. Just his facial expressions tell him he don't give a flying fuck about any of the issues besides getting him the $$$.

On a side note, I don't know how much weight this actually has but you guys should check this out.

Firm throws out Nevada, Oregon voter registrations
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

in the third debate that was tonight i felt bush was better, but then i never liked Kerry, bush had some good points i thought, Kerry will just fuck up the iraq war if he becomes prez.. just my 2 cents

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by civicrider
    in the third debate that was tonight i felt bush was better, but then i never liked Kerry, bush had some good points i thought, Kerry will just fuck up the iraq war if he becomes prez.. just my 2 cents
    wouldn't be a war to fuck up if bush wasn't there in the first place
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Did you happen to see the topic about how Bush has a hearing aid for him to hear what ppl are tellin him to say?

They had a picture of his backside and there is a square lookin lump that reporters say is a hearing aid.

Its probably just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised.

My Ride

well that's the thing ... if you support the war and more traditional things, you're likely on the bush bandwagon ...

I don't think the US should ever have been in Iraq in the first place but that's been beaten to death ....
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
    I don't think the US should ever have been in Iraq in the first place but that's been beaten to death ....
    Beaten to death or not, it's a central issue in world politics today. 90% of the world does not approve of the war in Iraq, and Kerry knows this. Go Kerry!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Originally posted by Kaos
    Did you happen to see the topic about how Bush has a hearing aid for him to hear what ppl are tellin him to say?

They had a picture of his backside and there is a square lookin lump that reporters say is a hearing aid.

Its probably just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised.
    I'd actually not surprised to hear that at all ... after Bush's "sovereigninity" speech, I lost all faith in him.

http://maddox.xmission.com/limits_to_freedom.html
    Last edited by GingeRRRBeef; 10-13-2004 at 11:19 PM.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Beaten to death or not, it's a central issue in world politics today. 90% of the world does not approve of the war in Iraq, and Kerry knows this. Go Kerry!
    Well I mean beaten to death so I don't need to bring it up because everyone already knows all the issues.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by finboy

wouldn't be a war to fuck up if bush wasn't there in the first place
    yeah but since it happend it would be best if bush stayed to clean things up, his plans for health care and USA's debt problem dont seem to bad ither. if kerry gets in he'll get out of Iraq with out finishing it off and then some other nut is gonna take over and all the money and people lost in the war will go to waste.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

yeah but since it happend it would be best if bush stayed to clean things up, his plans for health care and USA's debt problem dont seem to bad ither. if kerry gets in he'll get out of Iraq with out finishing it off and then some other nut is gonna take over and all the money and people lost in the war will go to waste.
    its all been a waste anyways, if anything the us should pull out
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride

If I had a dollar for Bush said "No Child Left Behind" tonite, I could buy me some rims!!!
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

Alright... George Bush does not know what he is doing. He is lost up there against Kerry. Kerry will not leave the war in Iraq, he can't afford to, the repricussions will be ten times worse then what they are already dealing with if he does. If you remember back to last election Bush promised many many things to American, he hasn't delivered much at all. The fact that he is the only president to loose jobs is rather frightening and the INSANE amount of money he is squandered cannot be ignored. No child left behind is simply words that mean nothing as Kerry has pointed out before, if you are going to talk the talk at least walk it. Bush has done nothing in many of the programs he promised. Bush has very little in the way of financial and health care plans. He says he does but can anyone explain to me how they work? More then once in these debates Kerry has layed out his plan for creating more jobs, cutting the debt in half, and providing cheaper health care for Americans. It seems like the debate it almost turning into Kerry going, "we're going to do this this and this" and then Bush going, "we can do that too, AND BETTER" without laying down any proof or plan. George Bush is a very very dangerous man, but because of the goofy electoral system in the states I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in power again, not to mention the shady republican election dealings, all the rumors make you wonder. Anyways End rant!

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

people like bush because he relates his ideas to the people and connects with them. its seems like everything that Kerry has is statistics (which isnt bad) but people dont really connect with him when he does that. this should be good to watch seeing that all the polls are so close........

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

I agree, it is a very close race with alot of passion on either side. I don't know if Bush means to connect with the people as much as he is just a very simple man and only understands things in there simplest forms. Kerry isn't all statistics but it's hard to prove the point you'd be a better president when you've never been president so he's left pointing out where Bush went wrong (alot) and where he can fix it. As you can see i'm not a Bush supporter but I respect everyones opinions. Don't know if excited is the right adjective to explain my feelings towards this upcoming race... scarred maybe.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

Bush comes across to me as a very salesmansy person with his perma-smirk (anyone else notice that he's starting to get the Chretien smile?). It's difficult for me to want to trust Bush more than the clearly more intelligent Kerry/Edwards duo.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

people like bush because he relates his ideas to the people and connects with them. its seems like everything that Kerry has is statistics (which isnt bad) but people dont really connect with him when he does that. this should be good to watch seeing that all the polls are so close........
    i beg to differ. i think kerry does a very good job relating all of his promises and ambitions to the american people. the statistics he uses are just to back up his words, and as you said, statistics are important too.
    for example, there was one part of the debate where they were talking about education.
    bush said he increased the funding by 49%. of course this sounds good to people who don't know anything - kerry properly adressed the fact that funding was still inadequate and that such an increase, even being a large one did not accomplish any satisfiable outcomes. bush was trying to oooooh-ahhhhh people by stating such a substancial increase. kerry had to remind him that numbers don't mean anything, and that results do. i'm not sure what you're saying when you say thaty kerry doesn't relate to the people. i think he does so better, as he has a more intelligent and more charismatic presense than bush.

bush can't even justify his lack-lustre fiscal policies and can only comment on how things are promising to improve. bush could not muster any sort of counter attacks when kerry brought up such problems, for example the meeting of special interest groups..

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Kerry has an advantage in the debates as he can critisize Bush for what he has done and Kerry can make his promises and talk about his plans, talking is one thing but its another thing to put your plans to action. Bush on the otherhand has nothing to say about Kerrys plans because there is no way to prove if they will be sucsessful or not until they are used. ither way it maked Kerry look alot better in the debates.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Health care? What happened to that last election? I don't see health care inprovements...

Also, there was no debt when Bush entered the White House. Promising to fix a problem you created isn't very helpful, even if you do fix it. Why was it there in the first place?

I don't see why Bush should win. He hasn't pulled through on the promises he made last election. People are saying 'well he promises to do this' he already promised to do it and never did.

If people knew about what was going on in the war, they would not vote for Bush. Anyone with a teenager or young kin will not vote for Bush. The 'draft' is coming, whether it's called a draft or not. People are dying out there, real people.

Enough people have died in Iraq so far to fill up this board (~10k people). Imagine if everyone on the board died in the war... think about how many members we have, how many friends you have here, and think about that.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

In the end... candidates need to win votes... not debates.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3730364.stm

Can anyone say? Cheater Cheater bo Beeper!!!