Quantcast
Racing Fuel? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Racing Fuel?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Default Racing Fuel?

hey can anyone help me track down a Racing Fuel distributor,
    im looking to get a 52 gallon drum of 110 unleaded racing fuel.
    The gas here in canmore is crap the highest octance i can get is 90 wich isnt bad, but the Sti likes the good stuff, so im Looking to mix my own fuel to get about a 93-94 octane rating

I know theres VP racing fuels, but do they deliver or is there a distributer in calgary?

dont really wanna buy toulene, id rather have real gasoline

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I buy my drums from the VP on Mcknight here in Calgary. Their # is 275-1958. They deliver it to your door, within Calgary anyways. Might be able to pay extra to Canmore, or maybe haul it there yourself in a truck. I think they're owned by Davenport, so the davenport guys can chime in here if they want.

Motorsport 103 (103 octane) is the best bang for the buck high octane unleaded fuel. If you feel rich, Motorsport 109 (105 octane) can give you a little more kick. But if you're just mixing to get 93 octane, MS103 is the way to go.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

thanks Rage! i will call them up

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I called davenport up and they said $35 for 5 gallons of MS103...then when I went to set it up with the mohawk there the lady said $75 for 5 gallons...I was like...no...that's alright thanks. not sure whose mistake that was...but maybe if the two offices worked with the same numbers it would be a little better
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Why don't you go to Mohawk or Husky and fill a couple barrels with their 94 Right now it's 91.3

My Ride

Originally posted by LancerShelby
    Why don't you go to Mohawk or Husky and fill a couple barrels with their 94 Right now it's 91.3
    I will be running UTEC some time in the next month, and I dont really have any experience tuning a car. I would like to learn on my own, even though Turbo XS has maps available for you to download, i still would like to have a margin of Forgiveness before i blow a 13k engine.

in order to give myself that larger margin of error, I would be running the full 103 octane fuel with out dillution. buying addatives to get your gasloine to reach those octane levels can be more expensive than buying race fuel, and Toulene is just to Destructive to be using anyway

I dont paln to run Crazy Boost but i would just like to be as conservitave as posible

oh and I will be in calgary often so i will regularly be filling up with 94 while in town, the fuel will also be for those dyas when i need better fuel right then and there.

My Ride
    2002 Miata

Another option is to add Toluene / Xylene as an additive, need less than using Racing gas IIRC. Plus you know that the gas your using ins clean, unleaded. And you know what your adding to it.

Quentin
    Cheers,
    Quentin J Sarafinchan
    www.TotalGarage.ca

Click here to email me

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

I will be running UTEC some time in the next month, and I dont really have any experience tuning a car. I would like to learn on my own, even though Turbo XS has maps available for you to download, i still would like to have a margin of Forgiveness before i blow a 13k engine.

in order to give myself that larger margin of error, I would be running the full 103 octane fuel with out dillution. buying addatives to get your gasloine to reach those octane levels can be more expensive than buying race fuel, and Toulene is just to Destructive to be using anyway
    If you have a stock car, the stage 1 map is tuned appropriately for our altitude. It still runs pig rich actually, so you don't have to worry about detonation.

I know someone with a only downpipe that is running the stage 2 map with very small modifications (to the boost and timing maps) and runs 91 octane with very little or no detonation.

When you get your UTEC, let me know and I will send you some info about tuning your car for our altitude.

My Ride
    Jeep

The Motorsport 103 is 103 octane? The reason I ask is I had heard it was actually 99. Not doubting, just would like to know for my own clarification.

BTW, be careful, it smells really nice.

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl

If you have a stock car, the stage 1 map is tuned appropriately for our altitude. It still runs pig rich actually, so you don't have to worry about detonation.

I know someone with a only downpipe that is running the stage 2 map with very small modifications (to the boost and timing maps) and runs 91 octane with very little or no detonation.

When you get your UTEC, let me know and I will send you some info about tuning your car for our altitude.
    thanks for the info, i will let you know when i get it in, any and all help is apreciated

My Ride
    Sileighty

Motorsports 103 is 99 motor octane and 103 r+m/2. At the pumps in Canada we use r+m/2 which is the average of research and motor octane.

My Ride
    Jeep

Originally posted by Dick Starbuck
    Motorsports 103 is 99 motor octane and 103 r+m/2. At the pumps in Canada we use r+m/2 which is the average of research and motor octane.
    That helps. Thanks!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

MS109 is the misleading one. 109 RON, 101 MON, 105AKI (R+M/2).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2006 smart fortwo

I need some 103, 105, or 109 octane fule for tomorrow. its for an SL 65 amg thats been boostted to 712 hp. Any suggestions?

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

MS109 is a good product, I can't say if it will be enough, but likely it will.
    VP race fueals as listed above has it in stock, you can even buy 20 litre drums if you don't want to buy a barrel right now.
    Nice ride.