Quantcast
The Official Ski/snowboard thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Ski/snowboard thread

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default The Official Ski/snowboard thread

This snow fall has got me pretty excited about the upcoming ski season. Dpes anyone know if the new poor boyZ movie is out?Is anyone going to this years Warren Miller showing? How's your gear situation this year? Any new gear? I havea feeling this is going to be a great winter. Maybe a Beyond meet and skiat the mountains will have to be organized
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    STI

Time for me to get a new board and some pants mine are a bit thrashed. I Hopeing for an awsome year. Im looking into being on a ski patrol at one or the local hills if anyone has info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I currently hold my EMT-a and ACP registration. Im willing to volinteer if money is involved that i just a bonus! Im not sure what i would have to do to be qualified for a ski patrol position ie. avalanche training and such? Any info would be great! Pray to the snow GODS for lots of snow this year but also for the time off from work to enjoy it! Hopefully the number of avalanche deaths comes down it bit this year, last few season have been brutal.

Beyond meet at the hills might be kinda cool? Or maybe a jib session somewhere?

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

A big cruise to the mountains and then some riding would be awesome. You can count me in if we set one up. If anyone wants to check out something new this winter head to kicking horse it is incredible!

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    2003 Wrx, 2000 F4

I am going to impact except that I am going home to edmonton to watch it with my friends. I am also going to the ski and snowboard show there next weekend so it should get me pumped up. I also bought Journey last week. Its a pretty good warren miller flic. I recommend it to any big mountain skiers/boarders.

I would go for a jibb session sometime also. We will have to meet up somewhere this year.

I don't need too much gear. I think I am going to pick up a new Helly hanson jacket as my orage is getting worn out and if I am feelling rich possibly a pair of armada or line skis.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Only pieces of equipment I am getting this year will be a pair of Bandit Freeride Soft Boots, and some new goggles and a pair of Alpine Trekkers... My Scratch BC's will do me fine...

I am in love with the white stuff right now, other than it has given me the day off work, when I need the money

A beyond meet would be a sweet idea Redlyne...

PS: Not a fan of Warren Miller anymore.. i picked up Journey this weekend, and I thought it was quite disappointing... I am more into the Poor Boyz, TGR, etc type vidz these days..

My Ride
    Noodle

Well, I myself can't wait for the hills to open, a meet would be a cool idea, I just keep watching white balance(snowboard vid) over and over again waiting for the hills to open. Can't wait for fernie this year Striepe, you'd better be there man

I haven't snowboarded/skiied in 2 years.. been too lazy to wake up early in the morning on weekends when I do it every freaken weekday.. I'm going to try and get out more this year.. but probably go back to Skiing.. boarded for 5 years and I don't find it as fun as Skiing anymore.

My Ride
    STI

Phats you know i will be there anytime im invited! This time when your bro ruptures his spleen i will be able to help lol! Fernie kicks ass!!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON SKI PATROL .....lol i just email nakiska!!!

My Ride

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    Only pieces of equipment I am getting this year will be a pair of Bandit Freeride Soft Boots, and some new goggles and a pair of Alpine Trekkers... My Scratch BC's will do me fine...

I am in love with the white stuff right now, other than it has given me the day off work, when I need the money

A beyond meet would be a sweet idea Redlyne...

PS: Not a fan of Warren Miller anymore.. i picked up Journey this weekend, and I thought it was quite disappointing... I am more into the Poor Boyz, TGR, etc type vidz these days..
    Yah Warren Miller is total crap but I just go because ive been goiing every year since I was like 5

A jib session would be awesome living in Ontario over thsese last few years didnt give me the opportunity to imrpove my skills. I used to ski alot with JF Cusson and JP Auclair back in the day before the new school scene exploded. LOL we were snapping the backs of our skis to make them twin tip because the 1080 hadnt come out yet.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 10-19-2004 at 07:33 AM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by A_3
    A big cruise to the mountains and then some riding would be awesome. You can count me in if we set one up. If anyone wants to check out something new this winter head to kicking horse it is incredible!
    I'd be down for that
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

im just excited to lake louise snowboard park, its always good and i finaly got my knees better so i can ride this winter.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i was thinking of trying snowboarding this year, last time i went skiing was when i was 10
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    FAT tires

yea im getting pretty excited for the ski season...

I desperatly NEED new equipment tho, near the end of last season i delaminated one of my skis (woulda thought high end rossi's would last more than 4 seasons) and being as poor as i was (am) i had no real choice but to epoxy it back together. Holy crap that makes for a stiff and poor riding ski (not to mention im scared that it will just snap in two if i make a bad landing somewhere).

other than that i think my ski pants need a fresh duct tape job and ill be good to go.

My Ride
    my bike

been waiting for snow since august, can't wait for the hills to open.

i'll be working at nakiska this year so i should be getting in lots of riding.

My Ride
    STI

98type_r how do i go about becoming a ski patroler at nakiska? Does anyone know?

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yah Warren Miller is total crap but I just go because ive been goiing every year since I was like 5

A jib session would be awesome living in Ontario over thsese last few years didnt give me the opportunity to imrpove my skills. I used to ski alot with JF Cusson and JP Auclair back in the day before the new school scene exploded. LOL we were snapping the backs of our skis to make them twin tip because the 1080 hadnt come out yet.

hahahaaha.... You still ride with either of those boyz these days?

Or do you know/heard of Marc Secord?? Or some of the local boyz, Mark Shymko (sp), Teddy Cosco, Jordon Monk??

My Ride

hahahaaha.... You still ride with either of those boyz these days?

Or do you know/heard of Marc Secord?? Or some of the local boyz, Mark Shymko (sp), Teddy Cosco, Jordon Monk??
    Ill ride with Jf here and there like I said though being out in TO fior 3 years sucked ass for my skiing. I skied with Chris Turpin quite a bit when I was younger too. He has now gone on to do some pretty big things. Jordon Monk sounds very very familiar but I think my time was long before those new jibbers. Just so you know i think i'm the first person to ever attempt a misty 7 on skis. Ive got it documented on video too should there ever be any arguments.

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Just so you know i think i'm the first person to ever attempt a misty 7 on skis. Ive got it documented on video too should there ever be any arguments.
    Upload it... I wanna see that steezy... LOL

My Ride

Upload it... I wanna see that steezy... LOL
    Ill have to dig for the tape man and somehow get it onto my comp this was back in like 96...the biggest huckfest you've ever seen. Me, JP and JF after a nationals competition at Fortress

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Ill have to dig for the tape man and somehow get it onto my comp this was back in like 96...the biggest huckfest you've ever seen. Me, JP and JF after a nationals competition at Fortress
    SICK!!

Whats your lastname man... maybe I've heard of you before..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast