Quantcast
Ca Non Repairable Title - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ca Non Repairable Title

My Ride
    2001 Ford F150 extra-cab triton V8

Angry Ca Non Repairable Title

I purchased a 2001 Ford F150 XLT Extra Cab, Triton V8 at an auction out of my state, (California) however the car was registered before it was flipped and titled by the insurance company as "a non repairable viehcle."
    The Truck is in excellent condition, I have nearly completed all the body damage myself; the frame isn't bent the truck is in excellent running condition.
    The DMV informed me upon going to register the viehcle that because of it's "CA NON REPAIRABLE" title, they will never register the truck to drive again.
    Now I suppose this would be a no brainer, however I see viecles on the road from the 40's and 50's that I have to think at one time or another after decades the car was completely wrecked and repaired. I was under the impression inittially that all I would need to do was fix the damage, get it smogged and pass the CHP california brake and light inspection.
    I have read a little about the different "branding" attributes and how they relate and transfer to other states e.g. Alabama and the east coast.
    Does anyone have any good advise, or know of a way to correct this problem? Seems to me the only party bennifitting from this "non-repairable" branding is the insurance company that gets to write it off.
    Please Help.......

I'm not sure myself, but I do know wrecking company's and rebuilders have been known to take some f'd up cars and put them back on the road, often without the new owner even knowing.. Not cool, but it is done more than you'd think.. Now you could try asking around with them, you may get the old "we don't perfrom such repairs to vehicles"..etc.. but they may be willing to help.. it may be harder now that your's is branded already but worth a shot. It should be possible to get it inspected and have a new opinion on it (possibly dmv appointed) it may still be classed as a rebuild, but even then it's possible to have it registered/insured again...

My Ride
    Miller

Find another one and steal the vin number and switch em.

the rules changed last May and you truly boned here. all North American juristictions went to a common language of salvage & non-repairable . non repairable status means that vehicle may NEVER be issued a registration.

"These vehicles can be sold for scrap and dismantled for parts only."

http://www.trans.gov.ab.ca/Content/d...n/impterms.htm