Quantcast
My Bad Experience with 12v(Jeff) re:install - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bad Experience with 12v(Jeff) re:install

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Angry My Bad Experience with 12v(Jeff) re:install

A few months back I tried, no, let 12v (Jeff) install a Compustar 2WFM Alarm/Starter on my 2002 Acura RSX Premium. I?m writing this post to express my dissatisfaction with a Beyond Paid Sponsor 12v. I think it is only fair to take on responsibility for a mistake that he made on my car. But since I was not able to resolve the matter face to face I had to express my opinions and let people know how RIPPED OFF I feel.

In the end I end up paying $500 out of my pocket without a system because 12v, with his experience and all ended up frying my immobilizer unit on my car. Don?t ask me how it was fried, I asked 12v but he didn?t know what he did. Acura said that it wasn?t covered under warranty.

So I end up loosing my car for about 4 days, without a loaner to drive around. Luckily I had connections still at Northwest Acura from previously working there; I was able to get them to lower the overall cost of the repairs. Acura had to rip out the almost installed Compustar that 12v installed because they were sure that it was due to the installation of the unit. I call 12v up and tell him the total cost of the bill. At this point I?ve only given 12v $350 of the $475 that he charges for the unit/install.

The Acura bill ends up costing me $500 out of pocket all because of the mistake that 12v made. I call up 12 to see what he can do for me but at this time, letting him install the unit a second time was not an option because if this mistake happens again I?ll be out another $500. 12v says he can resell the used unit as used and then refund me my $350 that I initially paid him. He ends up giving me $75 more on top of the $350, but that still leaves me out $475 from the repair bill from Acura.

At this point I wish I never went though 12v to install a system. I would have been better off cost wise and repair wise going through Visions, A&B etc. So I ask to see if 12v is going to help me out by covering my cost or at least half.

All in all I get now system because I can?t trust him to put it in correctly a second time. This experience ended up costing me $1,000+ because I paid a professional shop to install a New Compustar 2WFM Alarm/Starter unit.

This post is just to advise potential 12v customers that BUYER BEWARE! I?m sure that 12v does great work, but as a purchaser buying from a Paid Sponsor, I feel that there should be some accountability for his actions.

Sorry everyone for the long post but feel free to express your opinions as well!

Thanks
    Ariane

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

When i had my alarm/starter done by him my cruise control would not work after. I checked all the fuses and the actaul control unit under the hood. Everything was fine, there was something that went wrong with the wiring when the install was done. I also had a panel crack but he was doing something extra that he didn't have to do to try and get my door sensors working. It was also cold out so its understandable that shit happens.

Even with those things i would still probably get him to do the install again. I saw him install everything and he does take pride in his work and is good. Shit happens. I heard that people with he same car with starters were having problems with their cruise also. I bet that if the install was done at visions that they would have said that the starter had nothing to do with the cruise and not help me. and i would have never found out about the crack in hte panel because most likely they wouldn't have mentioned it to me. 12v did also offer to come back and take a look a everything again.

Overall i would go to him for a starter again.

im sure jeff will get in contact with you and try and straighten everything out. I had him do a bunch of shit without any problem and will continue using his service.

hope it works out

My Ride
    Deebee8

i have dealt with Jeff on many occasions and he has always done amazing work. sorry to hear about your experience dude, im sure that Jeff will take care of this situation!

My Ride
    vsm ej8

Yea, hes always done great work for me also...even though he's awfully hard to get a hold of!

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Jeff intalled my starter in my RSX-S and have had no problems.

My Ride

As I wrote above this happened at the end of August 2004, and so far all he has done for me was to sell the old unit and pay back only $75 of the $500 Acura bill. When I talked to him last he wasn't going to pay anymore to help with the mistake he made. So I'm still out $425 and no Compustar. Since then I have decided to go take my business elsewhere to a shop in Edmonton called Transform Spoilers who did a great job on the install! As for 12v if he is reading this it would be great to see you compensate me for my loss.

I have only decided to post this just recently because I thought it would only be fair for 12v to still keep doing business while it was busy.

What I want to get out of this post is to ADVISE people when they do decide so their not out $$$, like I was, and to possibly get back what I loss (it's not likely).

My Ride
    350Z

Well Aarian when all of this happened, your original charge for the compustar was $475 installed, right off the bat i gave you back the $125. You gave me $350 for the compustar, later after the the dealership diagnosed the problem, and removed the compustar, I asked if you wanted it reinstalled again (no charge obviously) you said no, so i said i could give you back the $350 and you were happy, then later you changed your mind and decided you want more money, so I gave you another $125 to keep you happy. and you were satisfied as we were splitting the bill.($125 and $125 is $250 which is half of a $500 bill) on the phone you were very happy that i was doing this for you and said that everything was cool. this was several months ago, and I haven't heard from you since, I assumed everything was still ok. If there was a problem why don't you just call me, you know my number, if not I'm sure your brother will give to to you. instead of bashing me online. I'm a very reasonable person and it is not uncommon that I will help someone at my own expense.

unfortunatly i do not have your phone number, but I would appreciate if you would call me and explain your sudden change of heart.

Jeff, 990-1764

My Ride

Right off the bat you gave me $125 from the original $475, but that was for an unfinished job and messing up my immobilizer. I shouldn?t of given you anything till my immoilizer was fixed. But believing in you experience I thought that the problem was only a quick fix, so I gave you $350 like you asked. I called to let you know what the damage was and you said that you will install it again. How can I take another chance at a second install if it might cost me another $500 if you make the same mistake again?

So I told you that I wanted my money back and asked if you were willing to cover all or half the cost of the repair. What was I going to do, get mad at you when you still have my $350 I gave you, and I have an uninstalled compustar that is useless to me? You only gave me $75 back for selling the used unit for $425. The $125 that you gave back initially wasn?t yours to begin with, because I only paid $350 for an unfinished install (hoping it was only a quick fix by Acura).

If I gave you that night $475 and then I got the $500 repair bill, and you gave back that $475, that still would of left me $500 out of pocket. So your calculations for splitting seems incorrect to me?

$350 originally paid
    + 75 additional money from selling the used unit
    = $425 money you gave back to me
    So I give the used unit back to you to sell, and you give back $425 total
    I still have a Repair bill that I pay out of pocket

$500 Acura Bill
    75 extra you gave me from selling the used unit
    = $425 still out of my pocket
    This still puts me out $425 out of pocket and nothing to show but a new immobilizer that I didn?t need replaced to begin with

I would have been ok somewhat with you covering half of the $500 so
    $250 half of the $500
    75 the extra money you gave when you sold the used unit
    =$175 still owing for half of the $500 repair bill

You can?t count the $125 as part of you giving it back, it wasn?t yours to begin with because the work was not completed.

The point of this post is if I would of taken it to a reputable shop and they made that same mistake you did, they would of covered the entire cost of the repairs.

I will call you regarding this matter.

Ariane

My Ride
    AI Servo

Redevil, 12V has already given his phone number. You should contact him and sort it out direct, then reply back to let us know how it went.

Shit happens all the time as nobody is perfect. However, what separates good service from bad is when it happens, how people deal with it. That's when people's true colors shine through.

Please keep us posted.

My Ride
    2007 F150

So i would assume that 12v is not insured to be doing any of this and works out of his garage. 12v, you need to take 100% responsibilty in your actions. It is very unfortunate that the immobilizer unit was ruined and cost him $500, i think you should pick up the cost for that.

in my experince with installing remote starters/alarms, i do not recall any time having to tamper with this unit, i would like to know how you would go about bypassing it, and if i may, perhaps offer some advice.

just trying to help out,

My Ride

Jeff check pm

Call Ariane (780)436-5574 when you get a chance.

Originally posted by 12V
    unfortunatly i do not have your phone number, but I would appreciate if you would call me and explain your sudden change of heart.

Jeff, 990-1764
    Originally posted by redevil
    Jeff check pm

Call Ariane (780)436-5574 when you get a chance.
    he left you his number first...why not give him a call?

My Ride

ScCab

I have left him a message on his cell, you know how hard it is to get a hold of him. So I did call already.

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Jeff uninstalled the compustar out of my del sol and put it in my boyfriends car and did a great job, he also put a compustar in his sisters car and did a great job!!!

Just because of one bad incodent doesn't mean you should try and hurt his business, because thats what it sounds like your trying to do.
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

My Ride
    335i

Mistakes happen all the time. It's how a business handles these mistakes that makes it truly shine.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by redevil
    ScCab

I have left him a message on his cell, you know how hard it is to get a hold of him. So I did call already.
    Chances are he's gonna check his Phone VM before a forum.
    Even then, PM works wonders.
    Travel

Did acura really prove that the install fried your immobilizer, or is that what they just said? that's seems to be the standard line from dealers. Not covered under warranty.

I'm curious if in the same situation, how would A&B sound or futureshop respond? I would think you would be finding resistance from those shops as well, but not sure.

My Ride

I'm still waiting for Jeff to call me back, I've left messages to let me know what the best time for me to call him

CRX crazy
    I'm trying to prove a point and make business' be accountable for their actions.

szw
    Acura did go throught the install. The immobilizer was not working after Jeff was installing the unit. They had my car for 4 days and went through the wiring, and they only could find that the immobilizer was somehow fried.

If someone closer to Jeff (12v) can get a hold of him, tell him to call me at (780)436-5574. It is hard to get a hold of him.

assuming he used a By-pass, there is no power going to anything but the by-pass module, and unless he hooked up the key sense wrong.. I still find it hard to believe it was his fault..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast