Quantcast
And so the N.E. reputatiom worsens, another scammer business - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: And so the N.E. reputatiom worsens, another scammer business

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default And so the N.E. reputatiom worsens, another scammer business

If you guys ever need any eletrical work done or an alternator or starter replaced or rebuilt do not go to Worldwide Alternators and starters on 4815 17th ave S.E.. I had a Toyota alternator rebuilt there 6 months ago and now the thing is shot. First I tested it and got a reading of 9.9 under load then I brought it to Autovalue and they got the same reading. I then took it to the shop who did the rebuild and they tested it and said it was fine. I watched the guy test it so I thought that either his machine was better than what autovalue and myself used so I decided to take it to parts source to get their final say as they ahve the newest and best equipment. Parts Sources results...the alternator was shot. I called Worldwide back and told them that I was bringing the alternator back and he was fixing it. He's telling me that he can't warranty it if his machine says its ok, I told him that Id be there on Monday regardless and he is fixing it. Im going to make that fag warranty it for 2 years now as well for wasting all my time. Ill let you guys know how it goes.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 10-24-2004 at 03:22 PM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

wow...sorry to hear that...

for rebuilt Alt's and Starters though I have always just gone to Canadian Alternators and Starters...they have never given me any issues...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I've gone to B&F auto electric before, by the totem on 52nd st.

Time to be a jackass, that's the S.E. =)

I've always been leery of that place, given how run-down the place looks, their location, and the way the guys that work there act and such. Now I know that my cautiousness was not unfounded.

Good to hear about an experience from them, even though it's a bad one.

9.9 under load. I would presume that is output volts, and that is far too low, even under a large load.

If I wasn't so busy monday, I'd tag along, and help set those guys straight, but I have to pick somebody up at 3:15, and I have a midterm back at the university at 6.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

I also recommend Canadian Alternators and Starters (CAS), they rock. They do good work and they are well well well priced.

Also the starter place you said is in the SE according to you not in the NE, so the reputation of the NE doesn't worsen.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

My knowlege of Calgary geography is overwhelmiing isnt it Oh well that whole area isnt any different
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

LOL, I can't disagree there. 17th SE is a bucket of shit, but so is the whole area.
    My G/F lives there, so I guess I have the right to say that?
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Originally posted by Dahero
    I also recommend Canadian Alternators and Starters (CAS), they rock. They do good work and they are well well well priced.

I bought one of their re-builds. It blew 2 days later, they replaced it. Three days ,that one blew TOO ! . Third time worked a charm . .

Each time I went back, they replaced the alternator right away ,
    and appologuised . They found a short in the electrical system the second time. It was quickly fixed , and their price was very good.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah Forest Lawn is S.E, but besides its geographic location, its N.E in my books
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Hehehe, CAS sounds like NAPA, they should sell alternators in 3 packs...

My Ride
    Subaru

Besides that auto place, what other businesses should us folks in the N.E. look out for??? besides every Vietnamese restaurant, T&T Honda???...j/k..

Oh yes, my friend took his car to Stampede Lexus Toyota and paid them $45 to tell him "NO", there is nothing wrong with his car. When actually we found out somewhere else it was his sparkplugs, and no he didn't get charged $45 for this.

East SIIIIIIDDDE!!! Werd.

Sorry for the shitty luck Redlyne....

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

haha, Ryan LOVEs the NE.

hahaha

NE Edition y0!
    Travel