Quantcast
The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread - Page 252 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 252 of 322 FirstFirst ... 242 251 252 253 262 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 6427

Thread: The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Hey Drew. What are you driving now? You started a trend when you sold your Teg. There's hardly anyone left.
    I have an 02 WRX, its pretty fun , daily driver its quick enough for me. just little mods like Tien S-tech springs , 3in Turbo back exhaust and the usual gauges that go along with it.

I am hopping to be getting a new job here in the new year so i will be paying that off and then if i have some money left over to have some fun with , i will be picking up a G2 teg so i don't have to worry about shit breaking all the time on my daily driver , the WRX

The battery is an Optima and it's barely two years old. Have you done the ground wiring before? I'm a dunce with automotive electrical. Other than being able to jump start and some basic audio stuff, it's not my forte.

I redid my grounds in the summer and it's a pretty easy job with the right tools and nice flexible wire. If this is happening all of a sudden I would not expect it to be the grounds, have you checked the alt. wiring or the battery cables?

My Ride
    78 civic

There's something wrong with my charging system. No alternator light, but if my car sits for more than a day and a half, the car barely starts. I drove the car yesterday to go to the store (15min round trip) and this afternoon I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over but my accessories were working fine. When I pull up to a stop, the dash dims quite a bit and is fine again once I start moving. Ground wires? Anybody replace them before? Easy to do? Dan are you open to me bringing the car in to the shop next week? I spent 5 hours in the garage today working on some other things on the car and decided that I don't want to work in an unheated garage again for a while.
    \

Check your running voltage with a multi-meter. Set it on DC. It should be 14+V

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I wouldn't say that it just started. I noticed the dimming dash lights during that 30 below cold snap when I was stuck on Glenmore trying to get home. At one point the voltage dropped low enough that the stereo shut itself off a few times if I didn't keep the revs up a bit.
    As for checking the running voltage would the battery terminals be the best place to take the reading?

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

I wouldn't say that it just started. I noticed the dimming dash lights during that 30 below cold snap when I was stuck on Glenmore trying to get home. At one point the voltage dropped low enough that the stereo shut itself off a few times if I didn't keep the revs up a bit.
    As for checking the running voltage would the battery terminals be the best place to take the reading?
    This exact thing happened to me in my EG during the cold snap. I changed the battery and have been fine since.

frostyda9 Guest

I would say it's the alternator. When the engine is running, the battery has little effect on the electrical systems, all the current is supplied by the alternator.

Originally posted by frostyda9
    I would say it's the alternator. When the engine is running, the battery has little effect on the electrical systems, all the current is supplied by the alternator.
    This is exactly what i thought as well but apparently a lot of EG guys experience the same symptoms. I checked voltages with a multimeter and even disconnected the battery while the car was running to see if the alternator was working. Anyhow, in my case, it seemed to be the battery. I changed that first since it was cheaper/easier to change than the alternator in -30 degree weather.

My Ride
    78 civic

Mike you can check it at the battery. Make sure the cable connections are clean.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I had to boost the car again to get it started but after I got it started, I checked the running voltage and it read 14.48v I'm going to turn off the main power to the remote stater to see if that's whats causing the problem.

frostyda9 Guest

I'd disconnect the battery overnight. If there's some sort of internal fault within the battery, it'll be dead. If not, the search narrows.

Happy new year G2'ers.

I just drove a G2 GSR, what a different beast that is! It's very weird to have the power to start peaking when we need to shift.

My Ride
    Volvo 242, Frontier, XR350L, Edge

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    Happy new year G2'ers.

I just drove a G2 GSR, what a different beast that is! It's very weird to have the power to start peaking when we need to shift.

Agreed. We all love Vtec On a second note over the weekend I tried to make a supercharger out of a old turbo, a pulley system, and random parts around the shop (kind of like a Vortech copy) after making a un-stable about of boost of 16 PSI around 8000 RPMS (not hooked up to my intake of course). I decided hey why not just throw a DIY nitrous set up on the old girl. Any one got an old 15 lb fire extinguisher sitting around

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Dan, you scare me.

I've started working on the CRX again....looks like it might actually make an appearance this year. I'll have to give your ls/vtec a run for it's money.

Anybody want a hatch or rear bumper? I'll trade them for beer + cash or for dirt cheap. I need some room in my basement.
    Last edited by freakin; 01-08-2007 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I'm getting close too............though there will be some lag on the boost part.

Originally posted by freakin
    Dan, you scare me.

I've started working on the CRX again....looks like it might actually make an appearance this year. I'll have to give your ls/vtec a run for it's money.

Anybody want a hatch or rear bumper? I'll trade them for beer + cash or for dirt cheap. I need some room in my basement.

Do you still have any brake parts?

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I was just wondering if any of you have an old stock shift knob laying around?

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

I have a shift knob for sure...likley 2, a short shifter as well I think....some calipers (front and rear), a 1 inch master cylinder, rotors, those pads that Lewis gave me (ceramic, Axxis Ultimates I think). I think I have a set of freshly turned fronts and rears, and a set of cross drilled rears. The x-drilled ones are glazed from a sticky caliper, so they're pretty much toast unless you want to try turning them....not sure how well that'll work out with all of the holes though.

I have some more parts like knuclkes and brakes for an EF, but that's a downgrade for you guys.

Mike, let me know if you want that trunklid and tails. You can have them if you like. I've also got both rear windows and the upper weatherstriping for the entire left side (front and rear as 1 piece) lying around somewhere. You can have the lot for some Taco Bell.

I was just wondering if any of you have an old stock shift knob laying around?

I have a ITR knockoff shift knob, like the ones you see on Ebay. It's yours for the taking.

Matt: I'll probably take those rotors from you, I've said this about 15 times but I should follow through this time.

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Good, you can bring my O2 sensor socket back when you show up, hehe.

My Ride
    Volvo 242, Frontier, XR350L, Edge

Originally posted by freakin
    Dan, you scare me.

Yes Yes i am. I need to call you and we need to hang out it been way to long. I blame school, I'll call you about that rear bumper I am painting some doors here soon so might as well do both.

Page 252 of 322 FirstFirst ... 242 251 252 253 262 ... LastLast