$10,000 bet on this race. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $10,000 bet on this race.

the other 900 HP was up in smoke behind the car.. haha

Originally posted by LamE
    daaamn those mk4s sounded so sexy

My Ride
    2009 M3 DCT AW/RED

saad's car run low 10s cuz its a 6spd, if it has a SMG it can run 9s no problem

My Ride
    1994 acura integra

the supra on the right is from AZ he runs low 9's with that hp....he was going to get some other driveline shit and they said it would be in the high eights. if your read the super st with him on the cover it talks all about what he has....and its street leagal......so u can say all u want about how shit is faster then it but when it comes down to it there are only so many people than can get cars to run even 10's sooooo unless u have something can back up all this shit talking then shut your face.....and forget about racing supras on the highway they check out in 4th gear.........o yea anf we all know what iroc stands for .......o yea and for all of u that dont know shit about cars there is a big diff between 10's anf low 9's sooooooo i leave it up to u to see if u still think they are slow

Originally posted by dalton1984
    the supra on the right is from AZ he runs low 9's with that hp....he was going to get some other driveline shit and they said it would be in the high eights. if your read the super st with him on the cover it talks all about what he has....and its street leagal......so u can say all u want about how shit is faster then it but when it comes down to it there are only so many people than can get cars to run even 10's sooooo unless u have something can back up all this shit talking then shut your face.....and forget about racing supras on the highway they check out in 4th gear.........o yea anf we all know what iroc stands for .......o yea and for all of u that dont know shit about cars there is a big diff between 10's anf low 9's sooooooo i leave it up to u to see if u still think they are slow
    oh ya? oh YA?? OH ya??? OH YAH????

shuttup koolaid, theres a few members on here that could take those cars, and a handfull on performance-shop.ca... check out in 4th gear?? wtf are you talking about

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Internation Race of Champions?

There is so much bullshit in this thread...
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

the blah blah blahslow
    so im assuming by ur post that ur 94 integra runs low 9's?

My Ride
    FAT tires

thcaugh caugh *bullshit* caugh caugh .......o yea and for all of u that dont know shit about cars there is a big diff between 10's anf low 9's sooooooo i leave it up to u to see if u still think they are slow
    Ill tell you the difference between 10's and low 9's about 200hp, thats real hp my friend not supra HP wich for some reason seems to be worth about half of normal cars.

The point is if he was making that much power in any other car we wouldnt see a 10.1 we would see something in the 7's and if you know half as much about cars as you say you do then youll understand that the 900 odd hp it takes to pull a 9 second slip and the 1500 odd hp it takes to get into the 7's are two VERY different things... and if he has 1500hp ill laugh at anything but an 8second slip at worst.

My Ride
    purple people eater

Originally posted by tsi_neal

Ill tell you the difference between 10's and low 9's about 200hp, thats real hp my friend not supra HP wich for some reason seems to be worth about half of normal cars.

The point is if he was making that much power in any other car we wouldnt see a 10.1 we would see something in the 7's and if you know half as much about cars as you say you do then youll understand that the 900 odd hp it takes to pull a 9 second slip and the 1500 odd hp it takes to get into the 7's are two VERY different things... and if he has 1500hp ill laugh at anything but an 8second slip at worst.

well played.
    supras aren't quarter mile cars. in fact, they are so big, I am not sure exactly what they are good for. top speed and the flying mile, I think. That's a more expensive hobby then an auto-x or drag race though.

My Ride
    '01 firebird

I have that magazine and in the mag it said that it ran a high 9 at about 150 mph, but now it is slower...whatsup w/ that?

He runs 9's. Just because he didnt run a 9 second time that ONE time means nothing. 9 seconds is probably his best or better times. In fact, he ran a 9.80 w/ 950rwhp. So where does it say hes running all of his 1400hp on that run?

Even then...
    Its still a street car with the 6spd tranny. I am sure if he went all out for drag, and got a 2 spd auto tranny with the correct gearing all the way throughout, and set up a proper drag suspension he could run 8's easy. I mean the TITAN street supra ran 8's with 950whp. So I don't get how just because it has that much power on a dyno, it automatically has to be a 7 second car? I am sure seeing as he has the power, he could modify the rest of the car to make it a 7-8 second car, but then it won't be a street car anymore....

I dont see 7 second street cars too often and even then they are not technically "street" cars. And how many of those 7 second street cars run a 6 speed?

So much hate against supras, wow.

http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2004/...er_story.shtml
    The Physics

On paper, the 8s shouldn't be a problem. Motivating 3800 pounds (the weight of the car and the driver in full suit) with 1230 wheel horsepower means that 8.50s would be the result IF the gearing was optimized and IF the drivetrain and engine could hold together. If you didn't catch it, that was two big IFs.

The Reality Check

Saad had hoped to be the first six-speed Supra into the 8s before this issue went to press. Following the photo shoot, Saad made the trek out to The Strip in Las Vegas for his record-setting attempt. Unfortunately, the record would not be realized before this issue went to press.

Applying 1230 horsepower to the ground is no easy task. It is a challenge, getting the rest of the car comfortable with 1230 wheel horsepower. Considering that Saad's Supra is producing over four times the factory wheel horsepower, it is no wonder that new obstacles are going to be encountered.
    On a side note, that tranny is intense. V160 is unserviceable apparently too, if it does end up breaking.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    1998 Mercedes Benz SL500/2000 Grand Cherokee V8

He should be a high 8 or a low 9, probably traction and gear issues, because that much horse power goes much faster than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2