Quantcast
Beyond - Car forums for car enthusiasts. Unless... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond - Car forums for car enthusiasts. Unless...

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Default Beyond - Car forums for car enthusiasts. Unless...

Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts - Unless you own a J-Body.

I'm sick of this bullshit. I've been here for 6 months this friday. But I'm not going to make it the full half year.

I came to this site thinking it was an open message board for all car enthusiasts. But apparently it took almost 6 months for me to realize the opposite. It seems you have to drive a benz or a honda to fit in around here.

This has been a really great site. I met lots of really cool people, and learned a lot from the car pros. However, I just can't come to a site anymore, that has me constantly trying to defend my car to the masses. It just isn't fun anymore. Like the rest of you, I'm sure wouldn't go to a site that is continually bashing your car.

Kenny and Rage, this is not a personally attack on you or your board. I know you cannot, and should not have to, defend the opinions of your members.

So, to Kenny and Rage, and all the moderators, I would like to thank you all for you hard efforts. You guys built up quite a little community here. I wish you all the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

See you at the track!

Davan Wong.

My Ride
    Civic

You have such a good point! I agree 100% with you. There are many alternatives to Beyond, with a communities that are much more open minded.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Daven its okay bud, I hear ya, but are you going to let what a couple people said about J bodies in thier opinion get to ya man? Come on bud, I know your better than that, prove them wrong. People insult my car all the time, every day, I dont care because they dont drive it, and they dont know what its like.

Travel

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Benny
    Daven its okay bud, I hear ya, but are you going to let what a couple people said about J bodies in thier opinion get to ya man? Come on bud, I know your better than that, prove them wrong. People insult my car all the time, every day, I dont care because they dont drive it, and they dont know what its like.

I agree with Benny, there may be people who don't like your car but so what? There are double or tripple that amount that do...everyone has the cars that they don't like, but as long as YOU like it, thats all that matters...Stay man, the boards wont be the same without you!

Mel

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

One of the problems with our philosophy of letting users "speak their minds" is something like this. I've personally learned to ignore it. I know where you're coming from, I get a lot of crap in the forums myself with my 944, being called a VW and stuff. I spend a lot of time and effort on my car, and it gets made fun of. You know what? It's not worth the stress or hassles to let them piss you off. Laugh it off or shrug it off, and eventually it'll go away .

Hope you change your mind. Your contributions here were great!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Corolla

Come on Davan, don't let what others say discourage you! Your opinions and contribution here and in 403honda are invaluable!!!!!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

ya, I'll try not to give ya a hard time about what you drive. My car is a POS anyways. After all, this board is for car enthusiasts.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I'm sure I'll pop by every now and then. I just don't think I'll be as active as before.

I came to this site to have fun with other car nuts. But now that it feels like I'm being singled out and picked on, it's just not that fun anymore, you know what I mean? And if it's not fun, what's the point?

Maybe when I get the benz next year, I'll fit in better.

And Calvin, don't worry, I'll still be bugging you on 403honda. When you guys make fun of my car, I know you're just goofing around.... I hope....

Talk to you all later!

Davan,

People here bash EVERYTHING, everything from the bottom-feeders (civic, neon, sunfire, cavalier, hyundai) to the high-flyers (BMW, Mercedes) and everything in between.

However, the bashing relates PRIMARILY to:

1. what the DRIVER does to the vehicle and/or
    2. how they drive their vehicle

If you are a Cavalier owner to which none of this applies, then you're okay, right?
    If this Cavalier is riced-out or that Cavalier is driving around like a jackass, and people bitch about it, that's fine, because it isn't referring to YOU.

People bash Neons just as much, if not more.

We got a so-called 240-horse Neon Ex Sport ACR wannabe racer.
    We got a 'super-ghey rice' neon with a huge aluminum wing that cruises 17th Ave.
    We had some jackass in a Neon who lost control in a residential area and took out a few trees.
    Finally, we got WalMart R Sticker crew armed with FRS radios in aisle 19.

Do I get offended? Not at all; I join in.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Hey Davan

Don't Worry about what other people say you were thinking of getting rid of it anyways. Hey I Drive an N-body and people hate those things just as bad as the J-body But Who Cares It's mine I love it and Will continure to fix it up with out putting any god aweful body kits , six foot Rear Wings and Type R Stickers on it Stick around let it slide . Just agree with them and put your car down

Sorry to hear that you feel that way Davan, you will be missed, keep in touch.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

you are one of the cool cav owners i have met, why not stay to show all j-body owners are idiots?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Like Rage2 and Mwhong pointed out people will speak there minds regardless if they have facts are not. Take it as it is - just talk.

mwmhong rasied a good point - look at all the current posts on the SRT4 and neons in general. A lot of the info posted is just plain wrong (even when they say they researched) - is it a big deal? Step back and laugh for the person taking the time to post
    Last edited by speedracer; 11-27-2002 at 05:20 PM.

My Ride
    Civic

ok.... more like one person has an opinion than 20 other people jump on the band wagon and start posting the same message...
    Last edited by Blue Devil 2; 11-27-2002 at 01:11 PM.

Originally posted by mwmhong
    People here bash EVERYTHING, everything from the bottom-feeders (civic, neon, sunfire, cavalier, hyundai) to the high-flyers (BMW, Mercedes) and everything in between.
    sounds like Jeff Type-R and Gpomp to me.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by buh_buh

sounds like Jeff Type-R and Gpomp to me.
    I wouldn't just single out those two. Everyone on this board has their own share of comments on all kinds of makes and models.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    FA1

Seriously man.

I don't think you should leave this board because a couple of people like to bash on J-bodies. Who the hell cares.

I've learned to realize that everyone of us have different tastes for different cars. It doesn't make us any less or more than any other person on this board.

Whether you drive a Benz or you drive a Chrysler, it all boils down to what YOU enjoy driving not what others enjoy driving. In the end it is your car and not theirs.

I hope you change your mind and if not it's okay thats what you've decided and I'm sure everyone on this board will respect your decisions.

Have a good one.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

davan man,

i don't know if you should leave the site completely. just ignore the comments people make about j-bodies. personally, it's your car man! do, drive what you want. just laugh it off, i mean it's not like everyone on here hates on j-bodies, personally i think your cav is one of the nicest in calgary. *shrugs* but yea, come back from time to time, and don't let these things get to ya!

My Ride
    Honda

Hmm... This could be a crappy trend. I hope all of our domestics don't turn around and leave, I'd hate to see people with helpful tech info (Convict) leave because they didn't feel welcome.
    This type of "car prejudice" happens all the time. Over on my car club, we hate on S2000's like theres no tomorrow, yet one of our moderators owns one. We don't dislike him tho, and he knows not to make anything of it, just as you should.
    I don't think anyone here actually HATES j-bodies. They just prefer not to own one.

No one should feel they have to leave this site.
    It gives this site and the people in it a bad name.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by defekt1
    Whether you drive a Benz or you drive a Chrysler
    Dude, a Benz IS a Chrysler!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast