Quantcast
Tanning - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tanning

My Ride
    01' Acura CL-S/02' ZX9R Ninja

little 'salons' are generally way cheaper than fabutan or whatever fanchise you pick.

My Ride
    IS350

Weren't you thinking about buying one of the little tanning salons out where I live a couple years back? Would have solved your problem right there

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by stephen_haxton
    Weren't you thinking about buying one of the little tanning salons out where I live a couple years back? Would have solved your problem right there
    LOL

Ya, but I woulda been broke, it didnt appear to make hardly any money

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I suggest Hotti Salon and Tanning

My Ride
    '95 Talon ESi-T

Originally posted by bspot
    I suggest Hotti Salon and Tanning

haha saw that coming.

My Ride
    08 Si

lol
    im mighty white and dont wanna get roasted when I hit mexico haha

^^ Just got to fabutan , never go to one of those standing tanning places , you will burn to shit.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    ^^ Just got to fabutan , never go to one of those standing tanning places , you will burn to shit.
    Alright, sounds like a safe bet lol
    Any idea what those packages go for?

My Ride
    Mom-van

Dude, did you not read buddy's thread in H+F??? DONT go to Fabutan

They never change their bulbs, you will never get tanned. Stand up beds only burn you to shit if you're clueless about how high power they really are. I used to only need 6 mins in a stand up and I was getting suuuuper dark. I like stand ups because they don't leave white under your arms and are usually faster, and I'm always in a hurry.

But yeah DONT go to Fabutan.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Acura Integra

My girl goes to this tanning salon in Beddington Mall. Its right across the way from that little Barber shop. She shopped around for a couple of days and said that one had the best deals. Good luck

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    Dude, did you not read buddy's thread in H+F??? DONT go to Fabutan

They never change their bulbs, you will never get tanned. Stand up beds only burn you to shit if you're clueless about how high power they really are. I used to only need 6 mins in a stand up and I was getting suuuuper dark. I like stand ups because they don't leave white under your arms and are usually faster, and I'm always in a hurry.

But yeah DONT go to Fabutan.

LOL Leah your wrong on that one. They change there bulbs all the time , I know , I used to help my gf when she worked there years ago. Ive goten tanned really dark. Stand up beds are very bad for you. Fabutan makes so much money because they are one of the best.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Mom-van

I guess it depends which one you go to, you must have gotten lucky. Every Fabutan I've tried here, or in Sask, has been horrible!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

ha..i wonder if i should maybe get a base tan? i burn very easily tho..and the thing is, when i burn, it doesn't really turn into a tan afterwards...it more just kind of fades away and turns back to pasty white...so i think tanning would be useless for me

Do you guys that tan also colour your hair? And maybe hang out with your boyfriends at clubs and all have the same haircut and pose for pictures with tough-guy faces?

And live in New Jersey??
    Last edited by khtm; 02-17-2006 at 02:28 PM.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Originally posted by Grip172
    ha..i wonder if i should maybe get a base tan? i burn very easily tho..and the thing is, when i burn, it doesn't really turn into a tan afterwards...it more just kind of fades away and turns back to pasty white...so i think tanning would be useless for me

You can take beta Carotene to help you hold the color better. Or eat more carrots

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

Originally posted by 00CivicSi

You can take beta Carotene to help you hold the color better. Or eat more carrots
    wtf is that? like a pill or something haha

and carrots..really? weird

My Ride
    Mom-van

beta carotene is a vitamin... which is in carrots... i think?
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

beta carotene is a vitamin... which is in carrots... i think?

You can get it in a pill.....Kinda like when a baby eat lotsa carrots they turn orange like a carrot. Carrot's got high beta. Not saying your gonna turn orange but the Beta carotene can hold your igmentation better.

Originally posted by khtm
    Do you guys that tan also colour your hair? And maybe hang out with your boyfriends at clubs and all have the same haircut and pose for pictures with tough-guy faces?

And live in New Jersey??

Have you ever gone somewhere hot before? And didnt want to look like a pasty mother fucker who turns red after 1 hour of sun , then bitches about being burnt?

My Ride
    Denali

I guess it depends which one you go to, you must have gotten lucky. Every Fabutan I've tried here, or in Sask, has been horrible!
    I think that you really have your information misconstrued. I saw your post in the other thread and responded to it there but you may not have seen it.

Do you have any idea how many tanning salons have been opened and ran in calgary alone. How many people have attempted to run their own tanning salon and failed at it? There are many "ma&pa" tanning salons that are absolutely awesome but you must have noticed that 1 tanning chain continues to run as the biggest, most reputable, and with the most longevity. The reason that Fabutan has been around for so long is because they have a STRICT set of guidlines set out by thier headoffice that they must follow. The amount of time that you are allowed to tan for, the amount of time that must be inbetween your tanning sessions, the regularity of bulb changes, and the contracts that you sign when you start tanning with them and many more.

I do not own a fabutan franchise, nor do I currently work for one, although I have previously worked for one as well as done my fair share of research into the tanning industry as I will be opening my own salon in this upcoming year.

Maybe you should take the time to learn a little bit about indoor tanning, the lifespan of an indoor tanning bulb and the difference in beds used at different companies. I think at that point you will be able to give a real assesment of a tanning salon that you stated in your other post you have never even tanned at.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast