Quantcast
Cammed LS1 vs 450 HP 03 Cobra vs Highly modded TT 300zx - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cammed LS1 vs 450 HP 03 Cobra vs Highly modded TT 300zx

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Default Cammed LS1 vs 450 HP 03 Cobra vs Highly modded TT 300zx

93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

Kinda meaningless to me without any details on the mods done to the 300ZXTT.

Some people consider my 300ZXTT to be "highly modded" and I haven't even done turbos or injectors yet, let alone touched the engine itself yet.

nice vid

the 300 looks like a simple stage 3 + some bolt ons tho, stock injectors, 14 psi, stock turbos tho, "highly modded" shouldve went much faster...

yea i agree, the 300 looks too slow

My Ride
    99 Audi A4 2.8L

lol highly modified 300zx tt... yea.... right
    Nice video though. Thank god some soul exists out there that believes in turning down the fucking music volume when they are about to race.

Originally posted by boostless
    the 300 looks like a simple stage 3 + some bolt ons tho, stock injectors, 14 psi, stock turbos tho, "highly modded" shouldve went much faster...
    Hey did your brother end up keeping his Z?

yeap, stockpiling parts over winter, arc smics, jun flywheel, nismo 555s, rps street max clutch, new DPs, new TPs (all here or on their way, goddamn canada post ) jus trying to decide on which turbos to go w/ and wat to do for fuel management, hes heard some bad stuff bout jwts program for the 555ccs, i think hes looking for a power FC for the Zs...apparently theyre supposed to release this year sometime

yeap, stockpiling parts over winter, arc smics, jun flywheel, nismo 555s, rps street max clutch, new DPs, new TPs (all here or on their way, goddamn canada post ) jus trying to decide on which turbos to go w/ and wat to do for fuel management, hes heard some bad stuff bout jwts program for the 555ccs, i think hes looking for a power FC for the Zs...apparently theyre supposed to release this year sometime
    Holy crap.. you mean he's done a complete reversal, from being on the vergue of selling to going full-on balls to the wall on mods?

Wish I had the budget for some of that this coming year... I will have to wait and see. After a long drought in the province of not many highly modded Z's around, lately it seems like everyone and their dogs are getting turbo upgrades, etc. for the 300ZXTT's... except me. Athough, I did just get married this summer so that explained a huge budget reallocation this year.

I'm probably going to end up waiting until I can do everything at once. There's no point upgrading injectors until I get bigger turbos, no point pulling the engine to replace turbos until either they are bad OR I'm ready to upgrade other stuff like internals, manifolds, no point getting a lighter flywheel until I need another clutch upgrade, etc.

The ARC side-mount intercoolers? Those are TWICE the cost of Stillen or Greddy. How did he choose those? Yeah they are technically the biggest sidemount available, but are they worth the extra ~$1000 USD?

There's nothing really wrong with the JWT 555cc ECU program other than it will run really rich out of the box. An AFC will easily fix that on the dyno.

haha yea, he changed his mind, and is on some quest to run mid 12s haha. But yea, i know wat u mean, thas y he wanted to stockpile an assload of parts onto his car (which only has intake/exhaust/dp/tp/mbc/pulleys 14psi) to some meaner power, the ARCs he got coz he liked his ARC BOVs, figured y not, he got a pretty good deal on them too along w/ the flywheel and clutch.

Injectors he got worked for tho , and they wont b here for like a month, he was gonna get all these parts over wnter, but, since hes done everyhting cept turbos now (parts here or on their way), hes lookin at some other random things, driveshaaft, radiator, cam gears, maybe bigger turbos than first planned (530BB).

The shop hes done his work at has a 555 cc + jwt car, that hasnt been runnig right makes hm worry bout the JWTs, and the shop strongly recommended the power FC, plus only one other person (sponge rider on tt.net) has it, so itll b kinda cool, it hs a boost up kit (EBC add on) that can control ur boost form the commander too as well as all other engine parameters, wat bout the ASHspec ecus? Z1 seem to know their shit, and claim its better than the JWT?

haha yea, he changed his mind, and is on some quest to run mid 12s haha.

You shouldn't need to go to that extreme just for mid-12's. My car should almost be able to do it AS IS, and perhaps it could with a better driver. Myself and Z_Fan have both run 12.9 on stock turbos and stock injectors.

Down south a lot of people have run mid-12s on our equivalent mods, albeit at lower elevations. But I'm positive my car has 12.7 or better potential as is... I just need to produce a slip to prove it.

Were 530BB's his current plan or old plan?

I don't place much faith in ASHley Powers and his products, but that's just my personal feelings in the matter. I have no problems sticking with tried and true JWT product. Whatever problems that car you mentioned has, I wouldn't blaim it on JWT.

530 Bbs werre old plan, but given how fast mods desired were fgound he figures w/ a 4 month window he can get some nicer toys...more than mid 12s? haha, wat would it be than roughly?
    hes basing wat hes bought on wat the SR71 Zs had, plus a few lil bolt ons...