Quantcast
Pharmaceutical Sales anyone?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharmaceutical Sales anyone??

Default Pharmaceutical Sales anyone??

Can anybody recommend how I can get a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep, also known as a drug rep??

I hear it's great money with lots of perks.

I have already sent resumes to the big companies (pfizer,merck) but haven't got any positive responses.

Does anybody have any hookups who can help me get a job?

thanks

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    99 Lexus GS400

just wondering what interests you in that field

Originally posted by Sonic_A4
    just wondering what interests you in that field
    I hear the money is good, and you get a large expense account to take doctors out for nice dinners etc. I think you also get a company car.

I think I would be a great sales rep!!!! I used to work at the Gap and was always selling lots of clothes to people who didn't really need them.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Kristin

I used to work at the Gap and was always selling lots of clothes to people who didn't really need them.
    Please tell me this is a joke.....please.

My Ride
    99 Civic

Originally posted by Kristin

I hear the money is good, and you get a large expense account to take doctors out for nice dinners etc. I think you also get a company car.

I think I would be a great sales rep!!!! I used to work at the Gap and was always selling lots of clothes to people who didn't really need them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man.
    there's just too many things wrong with this post.

Selling clothes at GAP isnt something to brag about when you talk to big companies.

Thats like having me go to a Car Dealership and say,
    "hey I sold the most Big Mac combos at my local store even when they didnt want the fries and drink, I think I'd be a great Car Salesman."

Do you have a science background? Professional sales, perhaps? (retail doesn't really count) Selling clothes at the GAP to people who don't really need them hardly compares to talking to medical professionals and selling them drugs.

From what you've posted, you're just looking for what you'd get out of a pharm sales job, you've mentioned nothing of what you can bring to the position, to the company, to the doctors, etc.

I think you need to work on your sales pitch.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

If you do get a job in pharma, I hope you don't end up working in my territory. It's tough enough as it is to see doctors......and reps like you with your "I can sell anything to anybody" attitude will simply piss off docs and restrict access to clinics.

Do you have a university degree? If so in what field?

Hawking clothes at GAP != sales

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Pacman
    Please tell me this is a joke.....please.
    Pacman is right.

You need a degree. 4 years minimum (sounds like you need 5), and you need to choose the correct electives during your 3rd and 4th year to go into sales. Otherwise, you're hopeless. I would know more than anyone. In fact, PM me if you want a complete University listing of the exact courses you need to land a job like this.

Working at the Gap will not help you at all. It's not just another sales job.

Not trying to be a downer/asshole, just a realist.

I have friends in the Pharm industry including Pacman and they all have finance or or other business degrees. I hope you have at least that as an education background because I know selling crew neck tees at the GAP won't be getting you an interview...sorry to burst your bubble...

Everbody in Denim!

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and currently have over 3.5 years in retail sales experience (Telus Mobility) where I've met or exceeded my projected sales target every time.

That's one of the field I was hoping to apply to after completion of my degree. What are the odd's?

Originally posted by Ajay
    I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and currently have over 3.5 years in retail sales experience (Telus Mobility) where I've met or exceeded my projected sales target every time.

That's one of the field I was hoping to apply to after completion of my degree. What are the odd's?
    I'd say poor considering everyone and their dog seems to think it's the "cool" job to have. Perhaps it is the cool job to have, but it's an employers market and unless you have a degree, quantifiable sales experience, and are as Zoolander would say "Really Really Really Good Looking" you're screwed.

Plus, do you really want to be a lunch caterer as a career?

Pharm Ind is fantasic. i work on contract part time for proctor & gamble

I love it.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Jim Jones

Plus, do you really want to be a lunch caterer as a career?
    I take offense to that!!!!!

All the receptionists in my territory love me because I consistantly and competitively 'out lunch' other Pharma Reps by bringing better lunches, bigger double-dutch chocolate chip cookies and other special treats to my offices.

Lunch catering is a fine art.........I'd love to explain the finer details to you, but I'm short for time and have to run to Boston Pizza to pick up some Lasagna and garlic bread for a clinic today.

A good lunch can go a long way.

This applies to any industry. dont know why you would specifically say this one

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Hey Dave...be thankful you don't work for Merck!!!

It's on CNBC right now that Vioxx is getting pulled from the market worldwide!!!! stock price is down 35%

I guess the positive side is it will free up some space in the sample closets for our drugs....those damn Vioxx boxes were too big anyhow.

The Gap comment put this thread over the top. Very funny! The only thing I know from hearing a seminar from a pharmaceutical rep was that in terms of experience, you almost NEED something in the form of outside sales, even if it was for a company like Cheese Whiz.... over sales like, umm, the Gap hehehe.

http://www.pharmaceuticalsales.com/faq.html

I was ranked as one of the top sales people in the store that I worked at in Toronto. I'm sure that will go a long way in an interview. I swear, I can sell ice to an eskimo.

I know pharmaceuticals is hard to get into, but it's not impossible, and i think I can do it. I just need somebody to put me in touch with a manager so I can sell myself.

The reason I want to get into it is because the money is awesome and I hear they take you on great trips for sales meetings. One girl I sat beside on a plane was on her way to Mexico for a meeting during the middle of winter!!!!! How cool would that be?

Hey pacman, if you work in it, can you pm me your managers phone number so I can call him?? I'm sure you will get some money out of it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast