Quantcast
Has anyone ever sent their IPOD in for service? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Has anyone ever sent their IPOD in for service?

My Ride
    firebird

Default Has anyone ever sent their IPOD in for service?

Mine is being really difficult and is starting to die.

I want to send it in to be fixed.

Does anyone know how long it will take, the process, extra costs, etc. involved in warranty work?

Thanks
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    09 wrx265

my 1st gen ipod is 2 years old now and never had to send it for service, but my sister's 3rd gen ipod which isnt even a year old has been sent twice to Futureshop to be replaced
    where did you buy yours? maybe its still under warranty.

to be fixed you have to mail your ipod (my guess 20-30$ to mail it w/ tracking info?) + money for it to be repaired. and it takes more than a month til you get it back
    Last edited by cityhunter2501; 11-11-2004 at 12:53 PM.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by cityhunter2501
    my 1st gen ipod is 2 years old now and never had to send it for service, but my sister's 3rd gen ipod which isnt even a year old has been sent twice to Futureshop to be replaced

to be fixed you have to mail your ipod (my guess 20-30$ to mail it w/ tracking info?) + money for it to be repaired. and it takes more than a month til you get it back
    Thanks...

I bought it at the microstore at the UofC in march of this year....so since I am past the 6 month time period, I have to pay a $29.99 shipping and handling fee apparently.

I dont want to go without out it for a month....grrr...and they better fix whatever the problem is too.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2009 STi

They generally don't fix them. You are likely just to get a replacement unit if you send it in, so make sure you back your stuff up.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Yeah man, my ipod has also been acting a little odd (freezing??)

Whats up with yours?
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

As an apple authorized reseller it is standard practice to get the client to deal with ALL the warranty dealing with ipod products.
    If your ipod is within the first 6 months shipping is paid for by apple.
    If within the second 6 months you must pay the $48 shipping fee.
    Apple will never give you YOUR ipod back.
    They will give you a refurbished unit that has the same specs (size and color) as your unit. You will not necessarily get the same quality Ipod back.

The turn around time for a client is at the most 4-5 business days. The turn around for a retailer (if they will even take it back) is upwards of 1 month++.

My Ride
    firebird

So far....

Since the third week:

A line across the screen sometimes

Since about 3 months ago:

Battery has been dying after about 1.5 hours. Then after a few minutes it will come back.

Songs will end abruptly.

I hope I dont get some peice of shit....

One other question:

As long as all of my songs are still on the computer, I can just hook up the IPOD to the PC and have everything download right?

That is all I have on my IPOD is songs.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Aww man that totally sucks, you have a large one as well don't you?? I guess its worth it if thats the case.

Man, mine has been acting up allot too! Shit!

Hope you can get yours fixed

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

My battery life is down to about 3hrs. It's used everyday of the business week. I purchased it new from MyMacDealer in April of this year.

The battery life -- is this on par to what others are getting? I am aware that the batteries used in these iPods aren't the best in the world -- but come on -- 3hrs!!!

My Ride
    IS250

Originally posted by cityhunter2501

i bought the extended warrenty from futureshop
    i still have about half a year on apple warrenty
    but im curious as what futureshop will do if mine starts to act up later on?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Fluidic
    My battery life is down to about 3hrs. It's used everyday of the business week. I purchased it new from MyMacDealer in April of this year.

The battery life -- is this on par to what others are getting? I am aware that the batteries used in these iPods aren't the best in the world -- but come on -- 3hrs!!!
    Yes same here, I use mine on a regular basis, I bought it used however. My battery life with regular messing around with songs etc etc is about 3 hours, if I just let it sit there (like when I am studying) its about 5.

Its mainly dependant on the backlight, if you turn it off, you can get at least two hours more of juice.

I am thinking of replacing the battery sometime soon with a good Japanese high MAH battery (over 550). That will be when I can't squeeze an hour out of it. (they are about $30 on e-bay)

My ipod generally has been acting up a bit, also I need more than the 10gb, so I dunno whtas gonna happen.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I am a little scared to do the install, but

http://www.ebcbattery.com/ipod_instructions.asp

This battery is also superb! 850MAH! thats 40% more than it was original, I am seriously considering this, probably in a few months, I wanna squeeze all I can from this original

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    Aww man that totally sucks, you have a large one as well don't you?? I guess its worth it if thats the case.

Man, mine has been acting up allot too! Shit!

Hope you can get yours fixed
    Yeah its pretty gay....and it is a 20G one.

Originally posted by Fluidic

It all depends on what features you are using. The backlight, using random, the EQ, etc. all use up extra batteries so you might consider changing some settings. But apple claims up to 8 hours which I think is BS. I have not gotten more than 5 hours since I got it.

Originally posted by cujo_cjc

i bought the extended warrenty from futureshop
    i still have about half a year on apple warrenty
    but im curious as what futureshop will do if mine starts to act up later on?
    My GF got it as well and they told her that she has to send it in. Sounds like a pretty crappy warranty to me.

This battery is also superb! 850MAH! thats 40% more than it was original, I am seriously considering this, probably in a few months, I wanna squeeze all I can from this original
    Thats a sweet idea. I will consider doing that when my warranty is up for sure.

-Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Seems pretty clear what I should do.

Thanks for the information Mr. Neil.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

that seems rather sub par for battery life even new.

I had an MP3 discman that ran for 20hours per charge, and that had moving parts and shit.

I've been contemplating that mini ipod, but if the batt life sucks, screw that.
    Travel

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Hey There,

Yeah ben, But the ipod has moving parts too (the hard drive), the backlight takes up allot of juice! lol

We should try to round up a few people to buy these batteries, maybe they might give us a deal or something lol