Quantcast
I got in an accident :( - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got in an accident :(

Default I got in an accident :(

Not looking for a way outta this, just wanna know whats going to happen from here since its my first accident

millrise drive at about 10:30 am was bloody icey. ive recently bought brand new winter tires and replaced all my brakes about 3 months ago, and im goin 30 on it, and i see a bus stopped ahead lookin to turn left (waiting for it to clear). so i start applying pressure on my brakes 40 feet away, sure enough i slide right the fuck into the bus. at this time i was maybe going 10 km/h, tops.

guy gets out of his bus asks if im okay (REALLY nice older gentleman) i nod and ask if hes okay and if everybody in ths bus is okay, he just laughed and said he barely felt it, only saw me cause my ass end of my car was stickin out and he saw it in his rear view. we chceck both vehicles, no damage on either. wow go plastic pannels! haha i bounced right off him (i have a mild smudge mark on the front of my car which i can wipe off with some elbow grease so only a few scratches will be visible so no biggy)

anyways we fill out everything and the bus driver calls dispatch and asks me "any big damage to your car?" i shake my head and he tells the supervisor not to come because there is no damage to either vehicle.

anyways when he was writing down my information i noticed me may have also gotten my liscnece plate wrong and the model of my car wrong (he had my liscnce, registration, and insurance in his hand so no fault of my ownf or giving him wrong info)

just wondering since theres no damage, whats gonna happen? i imagine my insurance is probably going to go up a bit... anybody with any knowledge of exact things that will happen tho?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    purple people eater

unless the cops came I say you are totally in the clear. nothing serious really happened, no claims are going to made, so on so forth. if he just reported it to his supervisor for Calgary Transit purposes, you'll be okay. if he filled out a police report, maybe not.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

well, if he did fill out a police report, then the cops will call you looking for yours.

sounds like nothing happened though, ct, like all city departments, HAVE to report any little thing like this - even if there was no damage.

rico

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
    unless the cops came I say you are totally in the clear. nothing serious really happened, no claims are going to made, so on so forth. if he just reported it to his supervisor for Calgary Transit purposes, you'll be okay. if he filled out a police report, maybe not.
    yea he reported it and i heard on the speaker "how bad is the damage? do we need to send out a supervisor to estimate?" the gentleman looked at me and asked "everything okay on your car?" i nodded and he went back on "nah we look all good here, cant see under the cars but he wasnt going fast, no visible damage at all, no need to send out a supervisor, we're okay"

nice of him to ask how im doing and if my vehicle is okay he also asked if i had any questions i said no and he reported back "everything seems okay here, am i okay to carry on?" and he just go orders to carry on with his route and i shook his hand and appologized to the eldery lady (only passenger) for taking up her time and she smield and waved at me
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2000 Accord Coupe V6

I work for the city and they only got your information to make sure their hide is covered as well as it is standard 'protocol' to do that in ct.

Pretty sure they won't be doing anything about it (no police reports, insurance, etc) other then maybe the bus driver files a report with calgary transit.

Looks like you lucked out, but its pretty hard to damage those beasts anyways.

Originally posted by ricosuave
    well, if he did fill out a police report, then the cops will call you looking for yours.

sounds like nothing happened though, ct, like all city departments, HAVE to report any little thing like this - even if there was no damage.

rico
    only "report" he filled out and gave me a copy of was one that looked like the picture attached (the top says "facts of accident")

i even told him that its my first accident and i was wondering what was going to happen from here

he just said "probably nothing" told me to have a good day and we parted ways
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by Tux10
    I work for the city and they only got your information to make sure their hide is covered as well as it is standard 'protocol' to do that in ct.

Pretty sure they won't be doing anything about it (no police reports, insurance, etc) other then maybe the bus driver files a report with calgary transit.

Looks like you lucked out, but its pretty hard to damage those beasts anyways.
    haha thing didnt move at all my plastic panels bounced off of it haha *kisses tupperware* haha

edit: thanks for all your help and advice guys calmed my nerves quite a bit

Well if neither of you have any issues (ie damage, injuries etc) and he doesn't need to claim it, he won't and you should be totally fine regarding your insurance and a claim. He woulda said he was gonna do something (file police report, check with insurance etc) if he was..

You should be good to go and if you were only going as fast as you said, it shouldn't come back to you (unless some kid in the bus told his mommy and he was hurt, which I doubt)

Lucky nothing happened...rear ending a bus= no good for insurance, but you should be alright he most likely took down your info because of protocol...

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Well if neither of you have any issues (ie damage, injuries etc) and he doesn't need to claim it, he won't and you should be totally fine regarding your insurance and a claim. He woulda said he was gonna do something (file police report, check with insurance etc) if he was..

You should be good to go and if you were only going as fast as you said, it shouldn't come back to you (unless some kid in the bus told his mommy and he was hurt, which I doubt)

Lucky nothing happened...rear ending a bus= no good for insurance, but you should be alright he most likely took down your info because of protocol...
    thats what i figured and it was all standard procedure which im cool with haha its not like iw as like "i got $20 in my pocket saying we both forget this" haha and only other person on bus was a older lady and like i mentioned i appologized for keeping her held up and she didnt seem to mind

probably helped i didnt go in there actin like a hardcore thug or anything , and just tried to be as respectful as possible to both of them

again thx for advice guys

My Ride
    Deebee8

when i was in grade 11 i ran into a bus too , no damage to either one of us, i thought it would have been reported to the police but wasnt and nothing happened! like everyone else that said, they jsut do a little report to cover their ass incase something does come up after but i think you are you will be good to go

now the big question: should i tell my parents?

My Ride
    STI

I got in a little fender bender like a year ago and said that i would pay out of pocket so that my insurance wouldn't sky rocket. Next day i get a call from my insurance company about the crash. I couldn't believe it. I told they guy i hit to get a qoute i would pay up front and call it a day. HE CALLED my insurance company. So they call me and are like why didn't you tell us? Anyways i thought i was fucked and that insurance would go up but so long as you don't put in a claim and they don't pay for anything they can't raise your rates. So i paid out of pocket, Had legal coverage if this guy decides to sue me in a couple years and i still pay the same rate!

Sorry to here about your crash but i think your in the clear! You got lucky! Hope the scraches come out nicely.

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
    I got in a little fender bender like a year ago and said that i would pay out of pocket so that my insurance wouldn't sky rocket. Next day i get a call from my insurance company about the crash. I couldn't believe it. I told they guy i hit to get a qoute i would pay up front and call it a day. HE CALLED my insurance company. So they call me and are like why didn't you tell us? Anyways i thought i was fucked and that insurance would go up but so long as you don't put in a claim and they don't pay for anything they can't raise your rates. So i paid out of pocket, Had legal coverage if this guy decides to sue me in a couple years and i still pay the same rate!

Sorry to here about your crash but i think your in the clear! You got lucky! Hope the scraches come out nicely.
    scratches can be fixed with touch up paint (which hell ill do in the summer, dirt will cover it for now )

and i think they can only bring up your accidnet within a yr of the accident so i wouldnt worry to much in your scenario (again im not 100% sure)

nobody was hurt, no damage, so i hope its all good

Don't tell the 'rents, spare yourself the grief!

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Don't tell the 'rents, spare yourself the grief!
    haha okay im going to keep it from em but if this comes back and bites me in the ass im takin it out on u haha j/k dude

My Ride
    STI

I would tell the rents. Man shit happens all the time, if you have good parents they will understand. Its not like you were doing anything stupid. Roads were shity, you were going a decent speed and there will be no $$$$ being handed out. I think there is no reason to get in shit and being honest is best ! if anything they should thank you for telling them.

My Ride
    Wristshots

sorry to hear bout that; good luck with all the aftermath

My Ride
    Nothing ATM

A.Gore #14

you hit Al GORE!!!

hah good to hear everything is alright

nothing should happen as everybody has stated above if the accident wasnt over 1000 then no claim has to be put in so that guy can put a claim in which he wont cuz its not his bus but you dont have to.
    so nothing to worry about just drive safe and dont depend on your winter tires heh.

My Ride
    1998 Mercedes Benz SL500/2000 Grand Cherokee V8

Originally posted by 403Gemini

haha okay im going to keep it from em but if this comes back and bites me in the ass im takin it out on u haha j/k dude
    Think of the trust you would earn if you did... I dont know how easy going your parents are... but if you told them even though it was minor they would probably respect that you told them regardless... that way they will believe you next time the find a condom and you blame it on your brother

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i would recomend going to a body shop and get them to see if there is any hidden damage to your car. a LOT of times when the bumper looks fine from the outside, there is some damage behind it.

just a though, good to hear you weren't injured
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast