Quantcast
Beyond Fitness Competition? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Fitness Competition?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Default Beyond Fitness Competition?

'Sup y'all.

Another forum I'm part of is having a fitness competition and I thought maybe we should have one here. School's back in and I know I was lazy all summer so maybe some others wanna try to bulk up or get back into shape too. The other forums generally set a start date that pics have to be in by and then 3 or 4 months later have the finish date where once again people submit their pics. At the end we can set up a poll or something to decide the winner. Any interest?

My Ride
    '15 GTI

you just wanna see pics of dudes with no shirts on

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    you just wanna see pics of dudes with no shirts on
    caught me

My Ride
    94' Terd

I think you should workout and train for your own reasons, not for a pat on the back from others. It's just an injury waiting to happen.

For example I wanna start training for golf (as stupid as it sounds), so bulking up isn't high on my list. My point is different people workout for different reasons. Enter a bodybuilding competition if you're serious about it.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

It's not like people train to win an internet contest haha. The contests on other forums generally end up being critiques and a place where people ask other peoples routines and diets and stuff. Then at the end of 3 months you see the progress you've made, other people give you props or motivation to keep at it and you can discuss what worked for you. Oh well, thought it would be cool to do on a local level but if no one's interested then I won't bother to set one up.

My Ride
    argetni

i would be but i think for any changes it would take me atleast 5 years to get these u call fat... muahahaha

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by DUBBED
    I think you should workout and train for your own reasons, not for a pat on the back from others. It's just an injury waiting to happen.

For example I wanna start training for golf (as stupid as it sounds), so bulking up isn't high on my list. My point is different people workout for different reasons. Enter a bodybuilding competition if you're serious about it.
    I think its a good idea. I mean it would definatley keep the people involved motivated to stay in the gym and work out. I don't think anyone would go that far as to injure themselves, its not like a Mr. Universe thing.

Actually you'd be surprized at all the proffesional golfers who now hit the gym because of Tiger Woods. People had the stigma that working out would decrease your game due to changing your muscles, just like in basketball. Tiger I guess dismissed those misconceptions. Just look at David Duval and company who are either slimming down or bulking up....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Highlander

Yeah it's not a bad idea at all. We did similar things in high school (though not with pictures) and it helped alot of people stay more motivated and more driven to ask questions, just like was already mentioned in this thread. I might be in for this, however I'm at a disadvantage because I sustained alot of physical injury a little over a year ago and I have not yet gotten back into the swing of things from before my accident

Damn , that means i gota start workin out again bahha
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    94' Terd

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    People had the stigma that working out would decrease your game due to changing your muscles, just like in basketball. Tiger I guess dismissed those misconceptions. Just look at David Duval and company who are either slimming down or bulking up....

I misunderstood this contest. I'd be in if it's judged by your own goals, we should have an update from everyone on every other week. Just to see how everyone is coming along.

If everyone set their own goals and used this "contest" to motivate themselves to complete those goals then i see nothing wrong with that.

My Ride
    Highlander

thats a great idea, maybe everyone states their goals for themselves before it even begins and updates once in a while with what they are doing to achieve it

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Werd...I'm down for sure!!
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

alright, i'd be in, time to see a real personal success story

Alright so how should we do this...

Weight in now...? Goal you want. Physic(sp) you want?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Highlander

I'm in too, it's about damn time I start training again

My Ride
    Impreza RS

I wanna get in on this too.

How will it be judged though? Different people have different goals, as mentioned. So will it just be based on progress towards a goal?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Highlander

Why do we need to get judged? Is there gonna be some magical prize that we win at the end?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Melinda
    Why do we need to get judged? Is there gonna be some magical prize that we win at the end?
    haha, not unless someone wants to donate one. It might provide a bit of motivation at the end. If a lot of people think you made a great deal of improvement then it's a push to keep doing what you're doing and if you didn't really do that well then it shows you that you need to work harder. If there's no winner then it isn't really a competition haha.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Chim
    I wanna get in on this too.

How will it be judged though? Different people have different goals, as mentioned. So will it just be based on progress towards a goal?
    If everyone states their goal then at the end you can see who made the most improvement towards that goal. All the competitions I've seen on bb forums involve people either trying to bulk up, cut up or lose weight. It would be tough to judge someone on 'increasing cardiovascular' ability or something just from looking at a picture!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    Damn , that means i gota start workin out again bahha
    I know haha, that's why I wanna do this!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast