Quantcast
What I found today :) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What I found today :)

Default What I found today :)

So today I was at the theatre grabbing some grub before I went in to see National Treasure and as I was paying I looked over at where I had to go to get some napkins and a straw and low and behold I see an unattended LV bag (Damier something something haha). As the theatre lobby area was empty except for myself and my gf, I knew someone had left it there by accident probably as they were getting their straws and stuff.

I later found out that the bag itself was worth well over $1000 and the smaller lv bag inside was worth another $500. Cash that was visible was another $500 at least plus cell phone etc etc. How can someone leave all that shit there and not notice they no longer have it in their possesion?

I'm just curious what most people here would do if that situation was presented in front of them. I'll be honest, the thought of putting that $500 into my own pocket was very tempting I decided to have nothing to do with it so I told my gf to just bring it up to the Manager that was standing near the front doors and we left it at that.

If you know someone that just lost all that shit, its at the theatre lost and found. They'll have to bring some alternate ID as the theatre wont release the bag without it as they know the value of all the shit.
    ---

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I would have looked in the bag, grabbed their DL and looked them up that way. I would never trust the theater, plus you'll get that feel good feeling that you actually made sure they got their bag back.

But yeah, like how the hell would you leave something THAT important? Person ALMOSt deserves not to get it back for being that airheaded, haha, but yeah, I would give it back, cuz I know if I ever lost something like that I'd want it back.
    Travel

I'd keep it, just to spite any chick with a LV bag.

My Ride
    G35x

Naw I wouldn't of kept the bag, just the cash and give awat the bags as xmas presents

it was mine.
    Give it back.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

I SAY i would keep it..but in the end, I wouldn't have the guts (or decency) to go thru with it all..so i'd prob call them up and return it

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

kenny thats like a solid day of commision wouldn't ya say!!

ewww, it would be so tempting, but you did the right thing forsure! hope the little gurrly is happy to have found the purse, you should have left a note stating that you would reward money!! heheh

-jonny

Yeah, I'd give it all back, except for 20$ LOL, at least get free movies outta the deal haha

When I went to Van 3 fridays ago, I dropped my wallet out of my jacket on the plane with all CC's and bank cards and 100 cash...

My wallet was all I cared about (Prada) cause I put holds on my CC's and bank cards were replaced the next day in Van (saturday)..it went from Van back to Calgary, to Edmonton then to Winnipeg, only to have been found and sent back to Calgary for me, not a cent missing!

Way to go WestJet employees, thank you!

Kenny, you returning it all was proof that good people do exist still...

My Ride
    09 wrx265

i would what like Ben said, would personally check that the bag goes to the respective owner.

but if the chick who forgot the bag is old/fugly, then Ill keep the cash and give the bag/wallet as present or ebay

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I would've called the owner. Maybe she's hot!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    I would've called the owner. Maybe she's hot!
    "... i have no cash to reward you with... but perhaps i can thank you in other ways"

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

^
    id give it back, i just lost my wallet with everything and its such a bitch to get all my cards and everything else back, and its just a piss off losing that kind of money.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by buh_buh
    it was mine.
    Give it back.

you lost the LV's I bought you??...Kev...this is why we can never have anything nice...
    ...@therealarifjina...

If there was a cell in there then thats as good as an ID card.
    Go through the phone book, call someone in there, say I found this cell phone in a lv bag with $500. Can you please tell me the name and address of the owner, Id like to return it to her.

My Ride
    Acura 1.6 EL

everytime i c an LV bag now .. i dont even bother .. i think i'd throw it away .... they all look fake to me .. even if it's real .. i think its fake ..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Yeah, I'd give it all back, except for 20$ LOL, at least get free movies outta the deal haha

When I went to Van 3 fridays ago, I dropped my wallet out of my jacket on the plane with all CC's and bank cards and 100 cash...

My wallet was all I cared about (Prada) cause I put holds on my CC's and bank cards were replaced the next day in Van (saturday)..it went from Van back to Calgary, to Edmonton then to Winnipeg, only to have been found and sent back to Calgary for me, not a cent missing!

Way to go WestJet employees, thank you!

Kenny, you returning it all was proof that good people do exist still...
    Just curious how you caught another flight with no ID? Or did you have your license separate?

If it was me I'd for sure phone them myself hoping for a reward.. no way would I trust the theatre.

My Ride
    94' Terd

That's pretty crazy, typical of anyone who carries an LV bag to do something of the sort!!

hahaha anyone crazy enough to pay $1000 for a purse is crazy enough to lose it at a movie theater!!

EDIT: crazy = stupid

My Ride
    89 Fairlady TT, 01 MDX, 02 CBR F4i

I lost my wallet once, and it ended up on the side of the street in Bearspaw. I wasn't anywhere near there either. I ad no idea when I had lost my wallet, but a week later, a lady called my house. She told me she found my wallet and to come get it in Bearspaw. I was so happy, because replacing everything is a bitch. It was an older couple, and I bought them a nice bottle of wine for their troubles.

A few months later I returned the favor when I found someone's wallet. I drove to their house and put it in their mailbox. More of an anonymous thing. I like that better. I made someone's day without them even meeting me.
    Come visit our new shop!

Originally posted by bspot

Just curious how you caught another flight with no ID? Or did you have your license separate?

If it was me I'd for sure phone them myself hoping for a reward.. no way would I trust the theatre.
    Yeah, that was an issue I was concerned with as well because I did leave my license in the wallet..I had the check in guy read the notes on the system that I posted when first realized i lost it..(I called their cust service line) and so he knew I lost everything and ok'd it, sent a note on the system to the boarding gate as well, no prob!

My Ride
    NC1

Damn! That's insane! She must've been freaking out to realize she lost her bag...you'd think she would've realized when she got in the theater. I would've expected her to come running out in tears.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast