Quantcast
every damn telus phone comming out is a camera - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: every damn telus phone comming out is a camera

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

Default every damn telus phone comming out is a camera

i really wish they would stop it with the hole camera phone fad, 2 times iv gone to get a phone and they only new ones out are camera phones, they just keep adding crap like flashs/moving pics/videos , i would like to see them work on making them smaller or ligher or make the battery last longer , not making them take pics that arnt even good enough to make pics to print out, if you take that many pics you should buy a damn camera.

(oh and iv had a camera phone before it was cool for a week, i do not know 1 person that has one that wishs they didnt buy somthing else now, theres almost no choice anymore.)
    A$$

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

i aggree i wish i didnt buy mine, so big and bulky compared to other phones and i rarely use the camera, handy once in a while but more annoying than anything

My Ride
    Corvette

I definately agree with you on longer lasting batteries!

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

TomTom. Sadly. People like you who wish not to have a camera phone make up about 3% of the Telus Mobility customer base. With time comes change.

Live with it, or switch mobility companies.

My Ride
    Acura 1.6 EL

Originally posted by BigShow
    I definately agree with you on longer lasting batteries!

this is one reason i wanna get a nokia phone either under rogers or fido .. i to am sick of the whole camera phone thing .. spent over $500 n i hardly use it ..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I would much rather they put their time and effort into improving batteries than camera's. If I want some nice digital pictures, I grab the digicam.

I can't believe people like us only make up 3% of the customer base... =(
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

That's a number I pulled out of my ass. The thing is -- most people buying these Telus phones are either people in school, soccer moms or Mr. mom.

My Ride

i belive its only 3% because everyones allready dropped so much money on the camera phone its too late to want somthing else and they wouldnt be able to get anotherone till there contract expires, they want a camera phone because they have never had one. iv gone threw 5-6 phones in the past 2 years
    i must say i have found LG has impressed me both times, even with the LG camera phone i had even though it was big and stupid after i week i sold it and bought there none camera one and do not ever want a camera one again.

want somthing cool in a phone thats stupid like a camera that is 300k build me a cell phone with a fukin tv in it so i can watch shaw digital cellphone.!

and i would switch companys but i have had my number for 6 years and all my friends know it , even people i dont talk to for 2 years remember it.
    Last edited by TomTom; 11-25-2004 at 07:35 PM.
    A$$

My Ride
    89 Colt Turbo

nuttin wrong with camera fones.....its cuz were in canada...nuttin good gets up here in time
    sum fone out there have 1.X Mp which is pretty decent i dunno what ur complaining about
    u dun't want a telus camera fone go on ebay and find one that doesn't have one

My Ride

can i use a phone from the states on telus if its cdma like verision? my prob is i want a phone not a damn camera, wastes the battery, takes up bulky room and if i wanted to take pics id have a digi cam
    A$$

The cell phone industry is pretty much the same as the fashion industry. One item becomes the "in" thing, then all the other designers (manufacturer) hop on the bandwagon and come out with their own version, thus flooding the market. And then the cycle begins again.

The way I see it, there is no point in constantly changing cell phones. Give me a cell phone with awesome RF (like my Sony Ericsson T206), decent weight & size, and I'll be happy. Telus already is by far the best cell phone service provider, but there are still some drop out areas like underground parking lots.

However, with what I just said, I might shell out some money for the new Nokia 3205i camera phone from Telus. According to other Telus Mobility users, it has by far the best reception of any Telus phone released to date. A guy was still able to place calls in a level 3 carpark underground. This phone is also the first that Telus hasn't somehow butchered and disable every customizable option on the phone. Being able to sync my Outlook with the phone via infared

For $229, no reason to not switch, and I think it's time I made the switch to a color phone.

Originally posted by TomTom
    can i use a phone from the states on telus if its cdma like verision? my prob is i want a phone not a damn camera, wastes the battery, takes up bulky room and if i wanted to take pics id have a digi cam
    Nope, Telus will not allow you to register a non-Telus phone. There have been some cases that people have been able to do it, but a lot of the digital only services were disabled.

hmm.. I don't find that big of a size difference between camera/non camera. The newest Samsung camera phone is smaller than some non-Camera phone and I find the battery life the same in both.

I see no reason to not have a camera when it's basically the same size and same battery life.

Originally posted by blinkme_210

Nope, Telus will not allow you to register a non-Telus phone. There have been some cases that people have been able to do it, but a lot of the digital only services were disabled.
    Ooo Telus can do it and I've seen Verizon and Bell phones on the Telus network with all the same capabilities. Technically it can't be done but it can. You're just taking the risk that the person you talk to through client care will be nice enough to help you and that the company with which the phone is locked to will give you the unlock code.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I agree with you tom, I didn't blow thousands of dollars on my Camera gear to go out and buy a damn camera cell.

I walked into the Mobility dealer and explained I dont want a camera phone. I get this perplexed "dude you're fucking your grandfather" look on their face, like what the hell. Is it so hard to believe? I use the LG 6070. Love it. Got the Data cable, make my own ringtones and use my own high quality photos for wallpapers.

Yes, there are a hell of a lot of cell phone whores out there, but I couldn't give a damn. It's a phone. I use it to talk.
    Travel

My Ride
    98 Civic Si

yea camera phones are so useless..everyone just seems to use it for a week then get bored of it.
    i've used my samsung a520 for 2 years now and was looking into buying the new samsung camera phone but changed my mind, i'll just end up wasting my money.
    main point is that, it doesn't really matter what phone you have. a phone is a phone. it's just used for communicating, no add-ons should be needed.

heloc that shit

Yes it is for me, I prefer when i could charge my phone once a week/every ten days.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by szw
    Yes it is for me, I prefer when i could charge my phone once a week/every ten days.
    my old v60i

Originally posted by lint
    Charging your phone 2 days a week is too much?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast