Quantcast
Titan Drilling Fort Mac?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titan Drilling Fort Mac??

Question Titan Drilling Fort Mac??

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Titan Drilling? My Husband just recently went up to Fort Mac to work on a rig up there and I am wondering if anyone has heard of them or knows of anyone that works for or has worked for them. I am so worried about him. If so could you also give me some tips to keep myself calm, the dangers etc. of working on a rig. He is going to be a roughneck or the other low man on the pole. Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Titan is a good company.

Yes, the job isn't exactly danger free, however they have pretty good protocol up there, as long as he keeps a good head and doesn't goof around or not pay attention, all is well.
    Travel

My Ride
    94' Terd

Yeah people keep saying how dangerous rigs are but they have safety training and guidelines for a reason, as long as he's paying attention and isn't working with a bunch of morons he will be fine.

Thanks alot you guys. Makes me feel better, he's a smart guy keeps his head up so he should be A-ok. Just me I have to worry about now hehehehe.

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

they try not to hire complete morons so that bad things dont happen, you talk to anyone on a rig and almost all/any accidents are from somone just not using common sence, titan is a good strong company that has good saftey training like everyone else
    A$$

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

is he working one of the slant rigs up there?

if hes on a slant rig, he doesnt have to worry about any problems comming from the catwalk or have to be carefull about a pipe comming up the "v door". slant rigs are generaly the safest ive been on because the use of a top drive eliminates pinch points where the tongs use to be.

the only problem up in fort mac right now is the weather, the rigs are all going good and havent had an accident in a long time, just hope hes in a good camp
    Last edited by Rockski; 11-30-2004 at 07:01 PM.

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

Yep, fort mac is a pretty garbage place for the weather, that'll be the only thing of big concern :P

I am not sure what type of rig he is on but I know that the camp sounds really awsome. I hope that it is a slant rig as you said it would make me feel much better. It is damn cold up there, for some reason there was no phone line put in the camp up there in time, so he has to use his cell phone, and he has to stand in a feild by the generator in order to get any service, so it is kind of funny but kind of sad as well. Thanks for making me feel better about the rigs, it is just the unknown that is scary.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

as far as my experiance, camps dont ordinarily get phone lines... its all cellular calls

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    1991 Acura Integra

The company who hires Titan to do the drilling will have strict standards of what goes on out there. Otherwise they will get shutdown, or if anything went wrong the main comapny would be in serious crap.

So long as your husband does not do drugs etc out there, he will be fine. Big thing for roughnecks is to keep real busy, even when there is no actual work to be done. What i mean is go clean the rig or doghouse, to get some good work points. Soon he will be off the roughneck scene. Keep your hardhat on, and always be alert. Its those who are hung over, or stoned that get hit by pipe or other things.

the job pays good, and it keeps going up. Just learn lots and be a go-getter out there.

Dont worry, he will do fine.
    A side note, to save $$$ on long phone bills,( and this is NOT a sell) some long distance companies like YAK have cheaper cell phone long distance prices. I think you just register and thats it. we use it for our regular long distance calls. You can use it to call him no probs. it just shows up on your telus bill. www.yak.ca

Send him little pkg's to him if you can too! He'd love it.
    Last edited by danno567; 12-08-2004 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    Shotgun

Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
    Yep, fort mac is a pretty garbage place for the weather, that'll be the only thing of big concern :P
    I dont think you've been to fort mac (AKA: Mini Newfoundland)..... cause there are alot more problems than that. (not just the newfies)

What about the FACT that almost everyone makes 200000$ a year and is addicted to crack? Thats the thing up there... everyone USED to have a drug problem.... but now they can afford it! So its not a problem anymore.

My Ride
    Upass

^^^ he lived up there till like grade 9. hes a crack head himself, haha jk. But yea he knows how it is up there, he tells me about all the weird shit that goes on up there. like those big as dune bugs or whatever they are called.

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
    besides the crack addict comment previously stated.....which is true, no question........the cost of living there is EXTREMELY HIGH.......they make 200000 a year, but need to spend more as well

but hey, its rigwork.....object of the rigs.......go in, make tons of money, SAVE IT, take 4 months off in mexico, rinse and repeat

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

Default TITAN DRILLING

mgbjen:
    how long ago did you hubby get hired with titan? Hoping you can help. we have been with the same company for several years, no work...we need work in a hurray or no places for the animals to live, we have tapped all our savings...can you help?
    Wondering how he is doing in FT MAC and how he likes the job, is it camp?
    ravenz55

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

When you start out as a roughneck, how much you making roughly on a per day (assuming 12 hrs days here)?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Five year old thread people...

My Ride
    is in storage, due to the recession!!!

Titan drilling's HQ is in Strathmore if I remember correctly.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

last time I checked lease hand was getting 26/hr rough necks were getting 28 motors 29?
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Why move up from a mere leasehand then?

$26 is crazy for what the position entails. Last I heard it was $18... and that was back way before this big downturn.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Cleaning ladies at Suncor are on $25/hour, time and a half on Fridays, double time on Saturday/Sundays, so I don't think it is too much of a stretch for any bum rigger to be making at least that.

A&W pays $19/hour, in town, so no commute to Suncor or Syncrude.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast