Quantcast
Decent turbo setup for 1999 SiR (B16A2) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decent turbo setup for 1999 SiR (B16A2)

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Originally posted by eclipseqt
    Internals are a major flaw in naturally aspired motors, I wouldn't even go near a turbo without a properly built motor.
    If your eclipse is a daily driver, perhaps you shouldnt go near it. It seems it wasnt "properly built" with good thrust bearing to main cap clearances to withstand the longitudial stresses of a turbo motor..
    My point being there are stock components of your factory turbo motor that increase its chances of catostrauphic failure, and despite common joe-dsm's belief the thing is not bulletproof. Granted it has a tougher reciprocating assembly than the average honda motor, this does not mean turboing a NA motor means you are doomed. Adding any power modifyer decreases the life of the engine.. unless you are downgrading ...so what does an average 4g63 get for engine life in mileage?
    [/threadjack]
    Last edited by Primer_Drift; 11-30-2004 at 05:30 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Hey legendboy. Thanks for the new sig. You almost had me in tears that's so funny.

My Ride
    98 camaro ss

Originally posted by Primer_Drift

If your eclipse is a daily driver, perhaps you shouldnt go near it. It seems it wasnt "properly built" with good thrust bearing to main cap clearances to withstand the longitudial stresses of a turbo motor..
    My point being there are stock components of your factory turbo motor that increase its chances of catostrauphic failure, and despite common joe-dsm's belief the thing is not bulletproof. Granted it has a tougher reciprocating assembly than the average honda motor, this does not mean turboing a NA motor means you are doomed. Adding any power modifyer decreases the life of the engine.. unless you are downgrading ...so what does an average 4g63 get for engine life in mileage?
    [/threadjack]
    This isnt a dsm vs honda thread. Face it, its true, stock internals dont respond well to boost in the long run. You will be wearing out your rings. Even ls/vtec-crx said it. That is all. Sure 7000 bucks is a good deal but think of it this way, for that money you can already buy a different car.

Originally posted by legendboy

I guarantee i can build a stronger honda motor cheaper than you can for your dsm.
    sure you can. dsms, are infact pieces of shit right? i had a 91 tsi, less than 2000 into it and i was running mid 13s all day.
    Last edited by dsmer; 11-30-2004 at 08:02 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

My Ride
    98 camaro ss

Originally posted by redline

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

7 grand can buy a 95 Talon TSi. So if you want to invest that much into your Civic and run 10 pounds, best of luck to you. For 7 grand I can make a Talon run 12s.
    Again, you open your mouth and show us all you have no idea what your talking about. Good job

Originally posted by heavyD
    Hey legendboy. Thanks for the new sig. You almost had me in tears that's so funny.
    Honestly man, I don’t see anything funny about that. Seriously, you really must not know anything about building a Honda motor …or what it costs.

Originally posted by dsmer
    sure you can. dsms, are infact pieces of shit right? i had a 91 tsi, less than 2000 into it and i was running mid 13s all day.
    Becides the fact that I don’t believe you Trust me man, that’s nothing to roll eyes over. Lots of Hondas have done it for the same money.

I like DSM’s. I have done custom fabrication for them. Its just lots of DSM owners constant bullshit that bugs me. You won’t catch me chiming in a DSM thread about how they are pieces of shit and nobody should waste their money on them...blah…blah...blah. Thats what bugs me
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    97 Eclipse GS

Again, you open your mouth and show us all you have no idea what your talking about. Good job
    I suggest you take a look at this thread before making your assumptions.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=66336

As far as you making a Honda run 12's for 2000 dollars. Good luck. I can tell you right now its pure bull shit.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I like DSM’s. I have done custom fabrication for them. Its just lots of DSM owners constant bullshit that bugs me. You won’t catch me chiming in a DSM thread about how they are pieces of shit and nobody should waste their money on them...blah…blah...blah. Thats what bugs me

I have to agree with Legendboy here...it bugs me how DSM guys/gals are looked upon poorly...I mean we are not ALL bad...there are a few of us who are closed monded when it comes to accpeting other marks and models as being able to do what our "super" cars do for the amount of cash we put into them...

can't we just agree that a boosted honda does have its drawbacks??...and those drawbacks are the EXACT same drawbacks that a DSM has when you go and throw 25psi at it??

If you boost a Honda...even a a low 7-9psi, you run the risk of *BOOM*...if you boost a DSM past that of what the stock fuel system can handle what do you get??...wait for it...*BOOM*

you are all arguing the EXACT same point...you just do not see it...

there are plenty fast boosted Honda's abroad and locally...Sam's EG is a HARD CORE example of that...then you have Ed the SOHC's, Dirty_SOHC's, EGMikes, and Leo's rides to show that they can and are daily direvn...you also have that on the DSM side of things...I won't list names cause no one will know who they are... ...but yeah...

let's get back onto the topic of this kids kit for his H-Car...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

^^ agreed
    A790 do you still want to turbo your car, or would you like us to fight about it?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by dsmer

and how many trannies and clutches did you go through?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
    [B]

I have to agree with Legendboy here...it bugs me how DSM guys/gals are looked upon poorly...I mean we are not ALL bad...there are a few of us who are closed monded when it comes to accpeting other marks and models as being able to do what our "super" cars do for the amount of cash we put into them...
    I remember going to the DSM meetings back in the day, and everyone would brag how fast their car was but no one would race cause they did not want anything to break!

can't we just agree that a boosted honda does have its drawbacks??...and those drawbacks are the EXACT same drawbacks that a DSM has when you go and throw 25psi at it??
    or a any 4 cyl....

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    ^^ agreed
    A790 do you still want to turbo your car, or would you like us to fight about it?
    He's probably never gonna ask or think about boosting again!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I suggest you take a look at this thread before making your assumptions.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=66336

As far as you making a Honda run 12's for 2000 dollars. Good luck. I can tell you right now its pure bull shit.
    If only i was allowed to ban people for being stupid

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Thread split because of all the garbage in this one. New thread here http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=68204

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2