Quantcast
If you ever at restaurants READ THIS!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: If you ever at restaurants READ THIS!!

My Ride
    Red Cars

Default If you ever at restaurants READ THIS!!

OK.. this might be a long post but it's a story that must be told. This is not one of those stupid chain emails warning everyone to be careful because of some urban myth... this really happened to me.

A few weeks ago my GF and I were looking for a place to go have dinner so we decided to splurge with some junk food at Loco Lou's (on 16th Ave). I had a burger and was already finished except for some fries on my plate. My GF decided I needed a refill on my ketchup so she poured more Heinz on my plate. We were already at about 1/2 the bottle while she was pouring out when something white plopped out with the ketchup. I was like WTF is that!?!? I looked at it closer and was thinking someone put one of those finger condoms in the ketchup or maybe a piece of rubber from a balloon. We moved it around with a french fry and found out it was a capsule. The contents had already seaped out into the ketchup! We moved it around and found the name of the drug... "EFFEXOR RX". We immediately called for the manager and she took care of our bill and we told her we would get back to her if I was feeling sick or something. On my way home I called my friend to look it up on the net. EFFEXOR RX is an anti-depressant! Needless to say I was feeling quite uplifted that night.

Moral of the story.... just be careful when you are eating at a restaurant. There are a lot of people out there with a sick sense of humour and I was lucky that it was not something dangerous to my health. Always ask for a new ketchup bottle or even ketchup packs.
    I AM...

Meh, all it should have done was give you a headache and made you dizzy if you took it for the first time.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 06:32 PM.

My Ride
    Civic

Originally posted by kaput
    Couldnt you sue them? You coulda died!
    from what, an anti-depressant?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Although the restaurant would probably be liable I don't think it was any of there staff that did it. It's kind of sad how fucked up the world is when people start doing things like that. People in general are just sick these days. I can see people putting more harmful drugs in bottles just like that so they can be cool around there friends. I've done my share of stupid stuff but I never hurt anyone....if I saw someone doing something retarded like that I can assure you I would hurt them though. [/rant]

My Ride
    a wrx.

lol, benny, roland, eric, and i did a little ketchup modification of our own at a restaurant...but not with deadly drugs!

That's LOCO!

Last time I was at Loco Lou's was the eve of Tyson/Holyfield!

Thing is with these restaurants is you can't really control the cleanliness of communal condiments. People can tamper/fondle stuff and it gets passed on to the next customer. Yummy!

Reminds me of the 'story' of some lady down in the states who would go around and randomly tamper with over-the-counter drugs and then intentionally poison her husband through his medication.

She did this to cash in on his life insurance and to make his death appear random. Freaky stuff.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 06:32 PM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    lol, benny, roland, eric, and i did a little ketchup modification of our own at a restaurant...but not with deadly drugs!

Damn, Thats no a good thing to find in a Katchup bottle man!!!!

We just gave the Ketchup a pinch of salt.
    Travel

wow thats sucks

good thing you found it before you finished your food

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

haha the pinch of salt was for very poor food and service. From a restaurants in edmonton

effexor is an ssnri, the most deviant of the new ssris on the market, as it works on both seretonin and noripenephrine. Side effects of this drugs are quite bad. Approx. 1/3 of ppl who use it get nausea and/or headache. The drug is not toxic or anything, it has a half life of about 5 hours. If you didn't experience any headache or nausea it is unlikely you ingested any or much of the drug or else it didn't do anything to you. I wouldn't worry about it. Millions of people in north america take this drug twice a day or more.

Needless to say I was feeling quite uplifted that night.
    A person who is not depressed will not have any elevated mood from taking an ssri.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
    haha the pinch of salt was for very poor food and service. From a restaurants in edmonton
    just a pinch...hahah meaning 3/4 of the salt shaker...hahha

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

Have you forgot about the half a bottle of syrup??

My Ride
    a wrx.

oh shit yea i forgot!!

anyway, i was at keegans that had even worse service (eg. the server said she didnt have time when we asked for a refill)....so about half my meal ended up in the ketchup bottle...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    oh shit yea i forgot!!

anyway, i was at keegans that had even worse service (eg. the server said she didnt have time when we asked for a refill)....so about half my meal ended up in the ketchup bottle...
    '
    HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA, I can just see you forcing your hamburger in the top of a Ketchup bottle with a butter knife...
    Travel

My Ride
    Red Cars

Originally posted by Ranger_X31
    A person who is not depressed will not have any elevated mood from taking an ssri.
    Isn't MDMA / Ecstacy a Serotonin Reputake Inhibitor? People feel quite happy on that stuff even if they don't have clinical depression.

All I know is that I felt "good" or better than usual.. maybe I was depressed that day, who knows? I'll going to ask my doctor about it when I go in for a check-up just to have more peace of mind
    Last edited by REdOX; 01-07-2003 at 11:31 PM.
    I AM...

Originally posted by REdOX

Isn't MDMA / Ecstacy a Serotonin Reputake Inhibitor? People feel quite happy on that stuff even if they don't have clinical depression.

All I know is that I felt "good" or better than usual.. maybe I was depressed that day, who knows? I'll going to ask my doctor about it when I go in for a check-up just to have more peace of mind

MDMA does inhibit the reuptake of the neurotranmitter into the synapse, but more importantly, it induces a continuous surge of serotonin into the synaptic cleft. Doseage on the recreational level potentiates the constant binding of seretonin onto the post synaptic cleft, meaning MUCH more seretonin is being active than would ever be possible with an SSRI. Why MDMA is so dangerous is because one dose essentially rids your entire brain of serotonin, and may take weeks to recover from. It actually makes you more depressed, and if used continuously, the constant inactivity and overexasperation of the neuron terminals and transporters become irreversibly damaged. People with clinical depression usually naturally produce low levels of seretonin (or norepenephrine) so you can imagine using them all up would make a depressed person feel good for a couple hours then feel shitty for days, since SSRIs only work on the reuptake transporters, it just causes the seretonin already in there to stay for longer and "do its thing." Gains from this for a normal person would be unnoticable probably until you took a large enough dose for the side effects to kill you.

MDMA also works on other parts of the brain than SSRIs. It not only potentiates serotonin action, it does the same things to norepenephrine and dopamine, and in many (if not all) parts of the brain, maybe even peripheral nervous system, i'm not sure, as the feelings of warmth and decrease in pain may actually be linked to the neurons responsible for relaying those messages to the brain, I'd have to read more.

MDMA is a horrible drug. One time can kill you, as it reacts differently to different people, certainly chronic use causes irreversible brain damage. It is possible that one of the enantiomers of MDMA may be less harmful due to decreased side effects, so I could possibly see it perhaps having clinical use in much lower doses than recreational use and only for extreme cases, but I doubt that since it is depleting serotonin (et al) reserves, and wears off fast.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Red Cars

Thanks for that piece of info Ranger. Can you PM me if you know more information or have any good URL's to give me? Also, do you know anything about 5-HTP usage and it's effectiveness ?
    I AM...

My Ride
    2002 Mercedes C230 Kompressor

hey.....
    I happen to like MDMA..