Quantcast
Insurance garbage: Good post to vent anger - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insurance garbage: Good post to vent anger

Default Insurance garbage: Good post to vent anger

Insurance rates are bullshit. I checked around today with a few companies, and i couldnt believe the LOWEST quote i got...$4,285.00 a year or $357 a month...CAN U BELIEVE THAT BULLSHIT...WHO CAN AFFORD TO DRIVE ANYMORE ?
    Even if i wait till 18, my insurance is still over $3,000 a year !
    WOO-HOO

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Man I'm 21 years old and for my 02 Mustang GT is 4K/year and I've got a clean record. No tickets, no at-faults. So you've got a long ways to go to get cheap insurance man.

Unless of course you just throw plpd on your vehicle (but i doubt it since its an 02 Durango)... Maybe buy a cheap vehicle and just throw plpd on it to start driving with so its more affordable.

It sucks i know.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Umm, how many tickets/accidents do you have?
    If your record is clean, the most they can make you pay is $1800/year, but that's just PLPD, even with collision/comprehensive, it shouldn't top $3000. Then again, what's somebody under 18 doing with an 02 durango?...

Sounds like you've got a bad record. It only takes a few tickets, or 2 accidents to push you over the top of the grid, then you're into the facilities market, a.k.a. bend over.

I was paying $3600/year last year, it just came down to $1736/year. I think the insurance companies have just finally gotten rational with their rates.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by Zero102
    Umm, how many tickets/accidents do you have?
    If your record is clean, the most they can make you pay is $1800/year

Sounds like you've got a bad record. It only takes a few tickets, or 2 accidents to push you over the top of the grid, then you're into the facilities market, a.k.a. bend over.

I was paying $3600/year last year, it just came down to $1736/year. I think the insurance companies have just finally gotten rational with their rates.
    1800 is the max for plpd coverage. Collision is on top of that.
    Last edited by NickGT; 12-01-2004 at 08:57 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Collision rates should have been frozen since last october until this june or something like that.

It's only $1325/year for my 86 porsche 944, too much for me, so I don't carry it.
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

no accidents or tickets, the durango isnt my car its the families, but its what i drive until i get my own...so i'll take that off...but that $4,285.00 is the cheapest quote i found, if anyone can get me anything better, or any reccomendations on where to go, they'd be much appreciated
    WOO-HOO

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

okay, what coverage are you looking for?
    A quote that high sounds like PLPD + collision + comprehensive + windshield + etc, all with low deductibles.

What car are you insuring?...
    If the durango isn't yours, I would advise that somebody older insures it.

That rate included liability, collision, and comprenhesive, the vehicle is either gonna be a 98 Jimmy, or an 78 Monte Carlo, i only got the quote for the jimmy though
    WOO-HOO

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 10:05 PM.

I'll complain all i want, cause ur gettin fucked over by insurance too
    WOO-HOO

Why would you get comprehensive and collision on a 1978 Monte Carlo? Just get PLPD.

How old are you?

My Ride
    Sentra

I pay almost $6k a year for insurance

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by HURST442
    CAN U BELIEVE THAT BULLSHIT...WHO CAN AFFORD TO DRIVE ANYMORE ?
    That rate included liability, collision, and comprenhesive, the vehicle is either gonna be a 98 Jimmy, or an 78 Monte Carlo, i only got the quote for the jimmy though
    I'll complain all i want, cause ur gettin fucked over by insurance too
    Buy a shitbox, buy just PLPD, and you can afford to drive. Why you need comprehensive, or need to drive a new car is beyond me. Kids these days.

Comprehensive on a Ferrari 360 is pretty expensive too. You don't see me whining.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

If you want a quick insurance drop.

Take a driving course. it will knock 15% off your basic coverage right off the bat.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

^^^
    Not a bad suggestion.

But, the idea here is, you're under 18, you should be driving a beater, and paying only for PLPD, at least that seems to be the general consensus amongst the posters.

If you drop the collision coverage, it should cut your rates almost in half. That's about the best you can do on such a new vehicle. I'm presuming the monte carlo is in good/restored condition, otherwise I wouldn't put collision on it either.

My Ride
    98 camaro ss

Originally posted by Zero102
    ^^^
    Not a bad suggestion.

But, the idea here is, you're under 18, you should be driving a beater, and paying only for PLPD, at least that seems to be the general consensus amongst the posters.

If you drop the collision coverage, it should cut your rates almost in half. That's about the best you can do on such a new vehicle. I'm presuming the monte carlo is in good/restored condition, otherwise I wouldn't put collision on it either.
    get this, when i was insuring the camero, i asked for PLPD (1800.00) the guy says im a new driver so I have to go full coverage for 5000 yr.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Originally posted by dsmer

get this, when i was insuring the camero, i asked for PLPD (1800.00) the guy says im a new driver so I have to go full coverage for 5000 yr.
    Is the car financed or is money owed on it? Usually if a car has money owed on it you are required to have collision.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Is the car financed or is money owed on it? Usually if a car has money owed on it you are required to have collision.

Actually, some companies' underwriters will mandate that you take full coverage if they assume the risk of insuring you. I ran into it a few times, and I'm not sure if it's legal or not.
    Happened to me a few times looking for insurance on my 85 subaru GL wagon, the thing wasn't worth what it would cost to cover it for 6 months. ($2200/year just for collision!!)

My Ride
    WIP

London drugs insurance, give them a shot?

My Ride
    98 camaro ss

Originally posted by ramminghard

yea it's financed that must be why ...... didnt know that it would affect insurance rates!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast